PDA

View Full Version : House Season 8: Prison Break *spoilers*

Raistlin
10-04-2011, 06:35 AM
I just watched the season opener for House, and it was excellent. It even left me eager to find out what happens next week, which is not very common for such a traditionally episodic show. House being House, risking it all to save his patient -- even when he doesn't have a license. I also love the new girl.

I was disappointed with how season 7 ended, but I then found out that Edelstein had suddenly decided to leave the show, so they needed to figure out a way to quickly get Cuddy out of the picture. They certainly accomplished that.

Discuss House.

Raistlin
10-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Nobody else is watching House? Failures. :mad2:

The latest episode was good, though I missed the prison doctor. I love how Wilson can never stay away for long.

NorthernChaosGod
10-12-2011, 11:52 PM
I watch House religiously, I just don't post much about it. :p

I liked the first episode and I really liked the prison doctor. House being House is always awesome.

I actually liked the second episode better, even without the prison doctor. I do hope they bring her back soon though, as funny as it is having House's team be one doctor.

APolaris
10-13-2011, 06:06 AM
House is one of my role models. If you picture what House would be like if he were a teacher, then combine it with Remus Lupin, that's what I want to be.

Raistlin
11-09-2011, 04:38 AM
House has his office and team back! I loved the betting pool on Taub's kids, especially Wilson's involvement. Although I was shocked that House didn't consider a neurological disorder earlier what with the pathological need to confess getting in the way of the patient living, because I was thinking that ever since the clinic scene early on where he "confessed" to stealing from everyone.

Raistlin
11-22-2011, 07:04 AM
The only thing I have to say after this last episode is: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It was otherwise a very entertaining episode (full of Chase-mocking goodness), but then they had to go and ruin it with the main patient having DID (aka multiple-personality disorder). It's one thing if a show treats it correctly as a potential mind-blowing discovery of an as-yet unproven disorder that has no consensus behind it (IIRC Lie to Me did a decent job), but no. DID is so, so overdone (especially for a disorder that doesn't actually exist (http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2471/does-multiple-personality-disorder-really-exist)). And after a few weeks of my pseudo-philosophizing about criminal law class which made me want to scream "begging the question" every 5 minutes on this issue, I am a bit sick of DID appearing so casually everywhere.

Raistlin
05-21-2012, 06:50 PM
House is ending tonight. For good.

Hold me. :( :( :( :( :(

NorthernChaosGod
05-21-2012, 06:52 PM
*holds Raistlin*

I can't believe it's going to be over. I'm going to be so sad. :(

krissy
05-21-2012, 06:54 PM
house was the first tv show i bought on dvd's, i have season 1 and 2

i had no idea it was ending!

Alpha2099
05-21-2012, 06:59 PM
I remember when it was first being advertised as a new show. The only reason my family and I chose to watch it was because Hugh Laurie was the main character. We loved him in Jeeves & Wooster and Blackadder.

Bunny
05-21-2012, 07:03 PM
House is ending tonight. For good.

Hold me. :( :( :( :( :(

It's about time.

Jinx
05-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Stopped watching after season 3.

Sephex
05-21-2012, 07:29 PM
I still need to catch up on most of last season and this entire season.

Alpha2099
05-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Season 4 began the same year I started college, so I gradually drifted away from it. I liked the early years when his team was Cameron, Chase, and Foreman.

Jinx
05-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Season 4 began the same year I started college, so I gradually drifted away from it. I liked the early years when his team was Cameron, Chase, and Foreman.

Agreed. Plus, it just got so repetitive. The formula was very overused. Patient falls down with some rare and unidentifiable illness and almost dies. House is their doctor. House is a dick. House thinks he has it halfway through the episode. The patients starts being treated for that illness, and something goes dangerously wrong. House realizes he was wrong. House has an epiphany and figures out things no one else can. Patient is is cure, then House complains about his leg some.

Sephex
05-21-2012, 09:53 PM

Agreed. Plus, it just got so repetitive. The formula was very overused. Patient falls down with some rare and unidentifiable illness and almost dies. House is their doctor. House is a dick. House thinks he has it halfway through the episode. The patients starts being treated for that illness, and something goes dangerously wrong. House realizes he was wrong. House has an epiphany and figures out things no one else can. Patient is is cure, then House complains about his leg some.

I see your point, but sometimes a certain formula really makes a show work. Plus, they have tried to change things up enough or at least had interesting sub plots going on that kept me watching.

Raistlin
05-21-2012, 10:18 PM
The first couple seasons might have been the best episode-the-episode, but the season 4 finale (and penultimate episode), season 5 finale, season 6 opener, and season 6 finale (+ penultimate) were by far the strongest episodes of the show. The "formula" (or, y'know, being in a hospital with patients) was a backdrop for a lot of amazing writing and character development.

I do miss Cameron and Cuddy, though.

blackmage_nuke
05-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Im personally slightly glad it's over. I've never been so worried about every stomach upset, cough, bump, rash or bruise on my body being some horrifying flesh eating virus or something as I was when I marathoned House. Maybe now the paranoid insanity can end.
I liked season 8. Not as many penis catheders and eye needles as the other seasons which always make me cringe.