PDA

View Full Version : Kimahri's Sphere Grid

Grooveguy
10-05-2011, 02:07 PM
:kakapo:OK, what i did first with kimahri:
Physical:First of all you will need a level 1 key sphere x2 and a level 2 key sphere x2(optional)
okay lets get started first of all when you get a level 1 key sphere go to rikku's grid then go with that for awhile until you get mug and then teleport (or grind) to the beginning of kimahri's grid and go to wakka's (you should not need anymore level 1 key spheres) then play as you normally would until you get to the crossroads to auron's sphere grid then if you want kimahri to learn some pretty cool abilities, if not and you want better stats keep him on wakka's (note: auron's section of the sphere grid requires the optional level 2 key sphere's)

Jiro
10-07-2011, 05:06 AM
Kimahri is a very versatile character that can easily be transformed into a double of any other character or a jack of all trades. Although Tidus fulfils that role pretty decently as well as his high speed, so I never really used Kimahri :(

Pete for President
10-07-2011, 08:06 AM
I usually send Kimahri down Wakka's path first. His high MP makes the status ailment abilities very useful in the beginning. Later on I put him on Auron's path to do some high damage and get him to learn Hastega using a white magic sphere. I find him to be quite useful this way.

Karifean
10-08-2011, 03:22 PM
If you send him down Rikku's path and learn to steal, you can get all the Lv. 3 Key Spheres you'll ever need cause both Biran and Yenke have them. Especially if you visit Remium Temple and use the items from the chocobo race to build an armor with that ability that ensures that you get rare items when you steal, cause then you get 2x Lv. 3 Key Spheres with every steal. Other than that I never found much use for Kimahri after the Mi'ihen Operation.

Roogle
10-12-2011, 10:05 PM
I believe I took him through Wakka's Sphere Grid initially. I think that is probably the one that fits his hulking stature the best.

APolaris
10-13-2011, 04:54 AM
I usually send him to Rikku's path to learn Steal first, but I'll be the first to admit that by the time I'm learning it, I usually have Rikku herself. However, I do hold on to it and later get the items to put Master Thief on his armor. Then I use the combo to do what Karifean said about the level 3 keys.

When he's got Steal, I usually use a Friend Sphere to teleport him to another person's grid (reset + Blitzball - I'll admit I enjoy playing it). Wakka and Tidus are frequent candidates since they are usually past the crappy parts of their grids by then. Auron is pretty compatible since they can put Breaks out on certain bosses faster if there are two working on it. I did something interesting recently where I had him go with Lulu after learning Steal. It was interesting, but IMO not very effective - his overdrives really aren't very damaging no matter how high his magic is, and higher strength blends better with his piercing weapons. So he doesn't make a very good mage.

Benjirino~!
12-30-2011, 12:07 PM
I love Kimhari's place on the sphere grid. I think trapping him in to such a small area was a mistake on the developer's part, but the idea that he was a blue mage with his overdrive and his jack of all trades placement on the sphere grid is wonderful and under appreciated.

I tend to send him up Tidus' path first, basically turning him into the back up 'leader' with those abilities.

Laddy
01-02-2012, 01:30 PM
I use Wakka's sphere grid and then go into Auron's, skipping the abilities.