PDA

View Full Version : favorite game series ?

cdkeyhouse
10-05-2011, 05:48 PM
i open new topic to know my friends favorite game series ?

Madame Adequate
10-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Well cdkeyhouse, I have to say that among my favorite games are:

Versailles: A Game of Intrigue
Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing
Extreme Paintbrawl
Iznogoud
SPOGS Racing

Raian the Fallen
10-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Final Fantasy.
Call of Duty.
Halo.
Dragon Quest.

What.

Del Murder
10-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Thank for open new topic, friend. My favorite game series are:

Final Fantasy
Super Mario
Zelda
Metroid
Castlevania
Kingdom Hearts
Metal Gear
Mega Man
Donkey Kong Country
Kirby

Pike
10-05-2011, 07:10 PM
SimCity.

Always and forever.

Fynn
10-05-2011, 09:27 PM
The Sims! :kakapo:

Kyros
10-06-2011, 09:52 AM
in no particular order:

FF
pokemon
warcraft
shining force (need to play more 'shining' games)
suikoden
zelda
dynasty/samurai warriors
tekken
street fighter (not IV)
'tales' games

Im sure theres more I love as much as these but simply put these series rock

Chris
10-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Well, Final Fantasy, for obvious reasons.

I have been playing the point and click adventure series based on "Dracula", ever since the first game, "Resurrection", came out in 1999. The second game "The Last Sanctuary" came shortly after, and the third game "Path of the Dragon", several years later with a much improved overhaul.

I have also been playing the damn Pokémon games ever since I first laid my hands on Pokémon Blue version all those years ago. I have at least one game from every generation, and strangely enough, I never get bored of playing any of the games.

Bubba
10-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Final Fantasy - Goes without saying
Broken Sword - George Stobart is a legend
Zelda - Looking forward to Skyward Sword
Metal Gear - Sneaky sneaky...
Megaman - For the opening theme to Megaman 2 alone
Dizzy - An egg that can do somersaults? Winner.
Mario - I can play the theme tune on ukulele
Castlevania - The music has me in bloody tears everytime!
Goldenaxe - Greatest death cry ever... "Aaagh-ugh-eh-ugh"
Street Fighter - "You must defeat my Dragon Punch/Disconnection of your joypad to stand a chance!

Araciel
10-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Anything D&D
Final Fantasy
Suikoden
Tetris
DOA
Street Fighter
Super Mario
Tekken

.... some others I'm sure I forget at the moment.

Jiro
10-07-2011, 03:40 AM

No way man. Big Mutha Truckers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Mutha_Truckers) for sure.

Agent Proto
10-07-2011, 03:50 AM
Tales of series.
Pokemon.
Zelda.
Final Fantasy.
Street Fighter.
Super Mario.
SimCity.
Madden.
Ace Attorney.

Rocket Edge
10-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Final Fantasy is my clear favourite.

Others include:
- Kingdom Hearts
- Syphon Filter (PS1 only)
- Call Of Duty
- Tekken
- Sonic The Hedgehog
- Spyro The Dragon
- Rollercoaster Tycoon
- Dungeon Keeper
- Age Of Empires

The Uncharted series so far also.

Pike
10-07-2011, 08:05 PM
You know the more I think about this question the more I have a difficult time trying to think of a series where I've played a bulk of the games in said series. There are a lot of games I love that are part of a series but I never played and/or got into any of the other games in the series.

SimCity, as I mentioned earlier, is probably the best bet for me as I've played every major game in the series as well as a good number of the spinoffs.

Final Fantasy - yeah, I've played several of these, so I guess we can toss that up there as well.

Metal Gear Solid, maybe? Even though I quit paying attention to that series after MGS 3.

Pokemon I quit paying attention to after Generation 3 because that's when I ran out of money. xD

StarCraft doesn't really count because they've only got the two games.

Mario? Really only the early stuff (N64 and before).

Tricky question.

Araciel
10-07-2011, 11:34 PM
lol @ 'early' Mario being N64 and before :P

Arylett Dawnsborough
10-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Final Fantasy - One of the few series I very actively follow and try to keep on track of. Mainly, I play them for the story. Although the battle system in quite a few of them is quite fun.

Kingdom Hearts - I like it even though the plot has gotten really confusing lately. I'm kind of out of date on this one. The most recent game I have is Days. Still, the gameplay is probably my favourite of any series. So fun.

Pokémon - I also actively follow this one and probably the only one I'm up-to-date on. I like it mostly because of the monster designs.

Mario - I'm really outdated on this one. I've only really played the old SNES releases. But I like them even though I find them difficult.

Yeah, that's it. I'm not really into a lot of stuff. Kind of picky.

Pike
10-08-2011, 02:50 AM
lol @ 'early' Mario being N64 and before :P

N64 came out 16 years ago and Mario has been around for 30 years. The first half of his lifespan counts as "early", right? xD I agree it's stretching it though, and honestly the more I think about it the more I realize I didn't actually play much Mario 64 at all so really the last Mario game I really got into was Super Mario RPG for SNES. :tongue:

EDIT: Actually wait I played Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga for GBA. I'd forgotten about that...

Depression Moon
10-08-2011, 03:19 AM
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy

Bolivar
10-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Metal Gear Solid, Command & Conquer, Shining Force.

Of those, I've played Final Fantasy the most but Metal Gear Solid has remained the greatest to this day. I'm not really sure how to pick a winner out of that...

SolarGirl
10-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Final Fantasy, Castlevania, Kingdom Hearts, Golden Sun, Boktai, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton. There's a few other games and series I like, but those are my faves.

Levian
10-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Clock Tower!

Mostly because they're not making any goddamned games. I miss those guys.

Silent Hill is actually better though.

CimminyCricket
10-09-2011, 02:27 AM
Disgaea
Final Fantasy
Zelda
Silent Hill
Resident Evil

Of the last two series, I've beaten one game out of the entirety of both series and it was Resident Evil 5 and I did it online with a friend. I've been a fan of each series since they came out, but I've always been too much of a little girl to play them myself, but I've always watched someone else play and beat them. That's actually how my dad and I used to bond. I'd stay up late and watch him play Silent Hill or Resident Evil.

Levian
10-09-2011, 06:29 PM
If I ever have twins, I'm going to keep the one who starts playing silent hill or resident evil. <3

Jiro
10-10-2011, 03:29 AM
And put the other one up for adoption? xD

Del Murder
10-10-2011, 04:20 AM
What if one plays SH and one plays RE?

Jiro
10-10-2011, 04:27 AM
That'd be creepy as fuck

Wolf Kanno
10-10-2011, 05:11 AM
Final Fantasy
Metal Gear
Breath of Fire
Suikoden
Chrono (yes its only two games and visual novel but smurf you)
Dragon Quest
Seiken Denetsu
Persona
Shin Megami Tensei
Dance Dance Revolution (suck it you couch potatoes :p )
Legend of Zelda
Sly Cooper
Street Fighter
Guilty Gear

Oddly enough, though I like quite a few series, my favorite games tend to be standalone titles like Vagrant Story and Xenogears. Though I think with enough deliberation I have concluded that MGS3 might be my favorite game of all time.

Gamblet
10-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Final Fantasy I - IX, Tactics.. basically all the older games on PS1/SNES/NES

The Elder Scrolls, still playing Morrowind through for the first time, it is just too big :D I also need to play those older games. Full customizing for the win! :D

Metal Gear Solid, I have only played the first game though.

Tekken, good game to play with friends at a party.

Soul Blade, not played much of it but it is still fun as Tekken.

Vagrant Story, but it isn't "series".

Devil May Cry, I have only played 3 and 4, I don't own PS2 nor a good PC to emulate PS2, so I haven't got a chance to play 1 and 2.

Spyro The Dragon Trilogy, oh the memories... :D

Crash Bandicoot, lots of memories here too. :)

Diablo, epic story.

Chrono, best game story ever.

Can't think of anything else right now. I'll leave that for later.

Levian
10-11-2011, 09:44 AM
What if one plays SH and one plays RE?

Uh, speedrun of Mega Man 3, I guess.

Dreddz
10-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Final Fantasy
Phantasy Star
Sonic the Hedgehog
Shinobi
Shenmue
Deus Ex

Seeeeega!

Lionx
10-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Klonoa
Tail Concerto
Final Fantasy (before XII)
Capcom vs SNK series
Blazblue
Class of Heroes
Chrono
Zelda

Loony BoB
10-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Final Fantasy - Obvious answer is obvious.
Civilization - how am I the only person to have included this? You all suck.

Uncharted and Mass Effect, both brilliant two-game-so-far series. I'm not sure if you can really count them due to them only being two games (so far!) but all four of those games were awesome, so... yeah.

Honourable mention to Duke Nukem. Until Duke Nukem 3D, those games were epic.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Let's pretend that cdkeyhouse didn't make this thread just to plug his signature.

-Final Fantasy
-Breath of Fire
-Xenosaga
-Kingdom Hearts
-Tekken
-Chrono (Seems odd to list Chrono as a series)

I'm sure there's plenty more that I'm just not getting off the top of my head.

I'm also a huge fan of Zelda and the Tales of series, but I haven't played enough games in each series to be able to list them.

Pike
10-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Civilization - how am I the only person to have included this? You all suck.

I wanted to but all I play is Civ IV. Just... Civ IV. And none of the others. (Unless you're counting SMAC, I guess.)

So I decided it wasn't fair to say I liked a series when I just like the one (maybe two) games in said series. It's why I left Zelda out, as well. xD

Loony BoB
10-12-2011, 03:43 PM
You never played Civ or Civ II? Dude. But... you're Pike!

It doesn't have to be about what you play now, so long as you liked the older games when they were the most recent games in that series!

Which reminds me. Warcraft, the RTS series. Why do Blizzard persist with so many games that I don't care about and neglect the series of theirs which I love most of all? :(

Pike
10-12-2011, 08:43 PM
You never played Civ or Civ II? Dude. But... you're Pike!

I know :( Shamefur dispray, I should commit sudoku. :kaobeg:

I played FreeCiv a few times though, if that counts! Since it's basically Civ II but... a clone of it.

One of these days I want to download all the Civs and play them all. It's a serious goal of mine.

black orb
10-16-2011, 11:35 PM
>>> Final Fantasy..:luca:

Flying Arrow
10-17-2011, 07:26 AM
I have a hard time keeping enthusiastic about nearly every series. All of my favourites, at some point, have disappointed me or taken directions away from my general taste. FF is probably the big one for me. I've liked each entry since VII less than the last (with the exception of XII, which I loved). For me the series has four really solid entries (V, VI, VII, XII) with the rest ranging from flawed but enjoyable to outright ugh. Still though, when I think about favourite series, FF definitely pops up first.

Zelda is another one that has a whole pile of fabulous games while the later games, I feel, are a little too easy or implement some elements that I find really obnoxious. Not that Zelda games were ever really hard per se, but the older ones at least challenged me to experiment and figure things out for myself. I can appreciate that I'm nowhere near the demographic of Zelda games anymore, but I can still tell when I'm having fun figuring stuff out and when I'm just doing what the game is outright spelling out for me. Still, I think anyone would be hard-pressed to find a series with as many solid gold games as Zelda.

From more recent stuff, I think it's great how strong the Street Fighter games have been throughout the years. The various editions of II and III are just great games and more recently I've just got a ton of fun from IV.

From Software's Souls games are excellent too. Demon's was really good and now Dark Souls is just one of the best action-adventure RPGs I've played in years. What's great about them, I think, is that they do what DQVIII did a few years ago for JRPGs - they basically take an old formula and bring it to life using modern graphics. DQVIII was like a perfect adaptation of what a lot of kids probably imagined their old NES RPG and adventure games to look like if they got to see it from the perspective of the characters. The Souls games (especially Dark) are like the perfect modern mix of Castlevania's difficulty and monster gallery, Metroid's elaborate inter-connected world design, and the original Zelda's "here's a weapon and some bare-bones plot, now get going".