PDA

View Full Version : Assist Me

Shlup
10-06-2011, 03:22 AM
I have two iPads in my lap, and my instructions are to download all the movies and apps I want. The catch is that one is for an eight-year-old girl, and the other is for a five-year-old boy.

So far we have Tangled and Angry Birds. Any suggestions?

Del Murder
10-06-2011, 03:25 AM
Send them to me. I'll put the age-appropriate aps on them and you'll get them right back within 4-6 years.

Shlup
10-06-2011, 03:29 AM
This isn't going very well because I keep playing the games. Uuuuugh stupid technology, why do you suck me [in] so hard?

NorthernChaosGod
10-06-2011, 03:30 AM
Games I have played that I have enjoyed:
Little Wings
Plants vs. Zombies
Cut the Rope
Fruit Ninja
The Impossible Game

Shlup
10-06-2011, 03:40 AM
Ha, BJ was just playing Fruit Ninja.

Someone posted a My Little Pony version of Tiny Wings; I wonder if I can get that on here...

Jiro
10-06-2011, 04:40 AM
iPads wouldn't make sense to have lightsaber apps, so I'm all outta ideas. Definitely get them some more Disney movies, everybody can use a bit of Disney.

Get Doodle Jump too or something. If you can find a version without a potentially "funny" name then you should go for it. There's also this frog catching/breeding game that Timekeeper knows of, I forget its name.

CimminyCricket
10-06-2011, 04:56 AM
Why are children getting an iPad before me?

NorthernChaosGod
10-06-2011, 05:39 AM
Because their parents never want them to be worthwhile people.

Pike
10-06-2011, 07:09 AM

Because face it, we're old.

Old Manus
10-06-2011, 10:19 AM
>Five year old boy with iPad

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l504/Dormy1905/GIFs/OhGod.gif

Loony BoB
10-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Movies - The entire Pixar collection. That's a good start, anyway.

EDIT: And definitely The Emperor's New Groove.

Peegee
10-06-2011, 04:25 PM
This thread lacks creepiness.

Okay done.

Shlup
10-07-2011, 02:36 AM
Dammit, I forgot the Emperor's New Groove. They didn't even have Madagascar.

Also, yesterday I took back all the bad things I said about iShit, but today I am taking back my takebacks. I seriously have to pay $14.99 for The Lion King two times so that both kids can have their very own digital copy? Hate you, iTunes. And half the apps I downloaded said "LOL you have to sync to the iTunes on your computer before I do shit." Hate hate hate!

You want this to be a little more painful? They're each on their second one 'cause they lost their first ones after a couple of weeks.

CimminyCricket
10-07-2011, 03:22 AM
Why are you driving your heels into my testicles?

Jiro
10-07-2011, 03:31 AM
oh my fucking god this is why rich people are stupid.

Shlup
10-07-2011, 03:39 AM
Meh, they seem like nice kids.

Jiro
10-07-2011, 03:45 AM
The children are fine by me until such a time that they are confused that not every kid has grown up with an iPad and why is your car not really nice like mine are you poor or something? oh god no good can come of this, what have we done

EDIT: but the parents. The total money invested in iPads for these two kids thus far could probably feed like the whole of africa

NorthernChaosGod
10-07-2011, 06:27 AM
EDIT: but the parents. The total money invested in iPads for these two kids thus far could probably feed like the whole of africa
This. Children should be outside playing. :nonono:

Pike
10-07-2011, 04:08 PM

They'll go outside and play.

With their iPads.

Old Manus
10-07-2011, 04:28 PM
iPad lightsabres!

Peegee
10-07-2011, 07:21 PM
The children are fine by me until such a time that they are confused that not every kid has grown up with an iPad and why is your car not really nice like mine are you poor or something? oh god no good can come of this, what have we done

I hope you take this to mean that you realize how unbelievably lucky and rich you really are.

NorthernChaosGod
10-07-2011, 08:14 PM

They'll go outside and play.

With their iPads.
Expensive technology (even shitty Apple products) is wasted on children.

Jiro
10-09-2011, 05:36 AM

I hope you take this to mean that you realize how unbelievably lucky and rich you really are.

Sure, I understand that I'm better off than a lot of people. I have a house that is mostly watertight. But I could only afford an iPad if I gave up eating for a couple weeks. I could do a lot more worthy shit with that money, and the less fortunate than I could do even more. Rich people are stupid, that's all I'm saying.

Araciel
10-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Is the ipad peanut butter-proof now?!

Loony BoB
10-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Dammit, I forgot the Emperor's New Groove.
:(

Also, yesterday I took back all the bad things I said about itit, but today I am taking back my takebacks. I seriously have to pay $14.99 for The Lion King two times so that both kids can have their very own digital copy? Hate you, iTunes. And half the apps I downloaded said "LOL you have to sync to the iTunes on your computer before I do tit." Hate hate hate!
This is the primary reason that I avoid iProducts altogether.

You want this to be a little more painful? They're each on their second one 'cause they lost their first ones after a couple of weeks.
I would give up two iPads for one copy of The Emperor's New Groove. Okay, that's a lie. I'd sell them at a good price and then buy TENG and have a lot of money to spare, which I could invest in a tablet or laptop that does not require iTunes to do everything.