PDA

View Full Version : Spaghetti is everywhere.

fire_of_avalon
10-07-2011, 05:00 AM
Tonight I made 10 pounds of spaghetti for a benefit fundraiser lunch we're having at work tomorrow. Throughout the month of October we're raising money for a former associate whose youngest son is fighting with a really aggressive type of lymphoma.

So tomorrow we're having our spaghetti lunch. Monday we're having a dessert auction and I'm making a lemon cream cake (because I like to hurt myself.) Next Friday will be a soup and chili lunch and for the next two weeks.... I'm really at a loss as to what we can have. Casseroles? Soup beans and cornbread?

Have you ever done any type of fundraising, especially the kind involving feeding a lot of people? What kinds of things did you do to make money? Any suggestions as to what we should have for lunches at the end of the month?

CimminyCricket
10-07-2011, 06:09 AM
When I was still active duty, every year for Thanksgiving our battalion CO would make us stuff packs with 30lb worth of non perishable food all over base (>:\) to drop it off at the church to give to local shelters.

No money, though.

Lunch? You should make food. Food is good, I hear people like food a lot.

rubah
10-07-2011, 06:17 AM
a grill out, bbq a hog

chicken tender fry daddy extravaganza

pancake breakfast

burrito breakfast bar

kinda have a little experience with this sort of thing

fire_of_avalon
10-07-2011, 06:20 AM
Pancakes! You're a freaking genius.

Peegee
10-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Not quite a fundraiser, but I did make cookies when I was a child.

In terms of pot luck, I have prepared the following:

- creme brulee (enough for like 10 people. hey it's a pot luck not a restaurant)
- smoothies

I never make food for people. It's a waste of my talents.

@foaffles - for a fundraiser just charge burgers for 2 bucks.

choco-chocobo
10-07-2011, 04:40 PM
i've had a bake sale on full of colourful deserts. I made things like rainbow cupcakes (the sponge in it is rainbow coloured) multi coloured muffins etc.

I have a talent for baked goods apparently, and i raised over £500 by myself and my likkle stall :3 It was for children with Leukaemia

Chris
10-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Made A LOT of pancit for some charity I wasn't exactly clear on. However, I do enjoy making it, so it didn't really matter. Also, when Filipinos make pancit, there is no such thing as small portions.

Freya
10-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Fish fry! Those are fairly easy.

Jiro
10-09-2011, 05:38 AM
There's a local guy with something like that. They had a fundraiser at a local strawberry farm. It was $10 for a kilo of strawberries and you just go pick as much as you want. They had entertainment etc as well and all the money went to the guy.

fire_of_avalon
10-09-2011, 05:13 PM
I am really so super freaking proud of our team. With one week of serving lunch just to fellow associates we raised over 300 bucks. I have high hopes that tomorrows dessert auction gets us another 200 and that the next three weeks gets even better.

NorthernChaosGod
10-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Yay! I want dessert. :(

fire_of_avalon
10-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Everybody always says that they want to eat my desserts but then no one will come visit me.

NorthernChaosGod
10-10-2011, 01:56 AM
You live too far. >:O

Jiro
10-10-2011, 03:49 AM
Everybody always says that they want to eat my desserts but then no one will come visit me.
I am on my way

APolaris
10-10-2011, 05:15 AM
What type of spaghetti is it? Oil and garlic or marinara?

Agent Proto
10-10-2011, 05:19 AM
Made A LOT of pancit for some charity I wasn't exactly clear on. However, I do enjoy making it, so it didn't really matter. Also, when Filipinos make pancit, there is no such thing as small portions.

I love me some pancit. :D Also, whenever there's a party that we're invited to and we need to bring some food, my mom usually makes lumpial. Sometimes she would even fry them at the party to make them fresh! ;D

sharkythesharkdogg
10-10-2011, 01:24 PM
If you grill out hot dogs, and burgers you could also make some make/marinate some kabobs the night before. Make some yogurt/dill sauce, bring some flat bread, cut up some tomatos, and boom! We have confirmed Gyros. Most of that stuff is easy to make ahead of time and then transport.

You could even make hummus!

If you're going to make pancakes, maybe an omelet bar? You just have containers of ingredients and people can pick what they want in the omelet? You could have a base cheese omelet price and add .25 or .50 cents for every extra ingredient they add.

I'll try to brainstorm some more.