PDA

View Full Version : The Looney Tunes Show

Shlup
10-09-2011, 12:24 AM
You should watch it. Daffy lives with Bugs because, y'know, the economy. Taz is Bug's dog. Yosemite Sam lives next door. Lola is crazy. Tina is like a guida or something. The music videos are amusing.

I'm impressed by its cleverness.

Jiro
10-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Lola is insane. Too insane. I watched an episode where Marvin sung a song about making robot dogs in his lab, it was mental but very very catchy. I miss the Looney Tunes! They only show it on Saturday mornings with terrible hosts and other cartoons, so :(

Pike
10-09-2011, 03:56 PM
I looked it up on YouTube and found this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hMYbODPIR8). And laughed.

Araciel
10-09-2011, 04:11 PM
The fact that looney tunes was the shit tier of saturday morning when I was a kid prevents me from trying.

Kossage
10-09-2011, 08:20 PM
This is an alright show despite the fan hate it's been getting. It has some funny jokes like the extended Daffy wizard joke which later got a cool merrie melodies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUw2eAUQrM8) video throwback. Although the mundane, almost Seinfeldian setting seems kinda "bland" and "tame" for Looney Tunes hijinks, I like the change of pace, the sometimes clever puns and wordplay between Daffy and Bugs, and how the writers dare to try something new with these characters. The most Looney Tunes-ian short so far has been "Casa de Calma" although the "Devil Dog" episode had some of the old shorts' charm in it as well (while also being delightfully scary in early portions with Taz). And the show has Pete Puma in it, so it's a good sign. :)

I'm not particularly fond of Bugs's look on this show, and Elmer's song about grilled cheese (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuLTwhW4zlw) is downright creepy, but other than that the show's turned out to be entertaining enough with moments of brilliance balancing out the occasional blandness and forced jokes. I'm not sure what to think of Lola's crazy personality compared to the determined SpaceJam version, but perhaps I'll grow to like this bold new direction. Tina Russo, on the other hand, is sweet. :p

Shlup
10-10-2011, 05:05 AM
I like Lola's crazy. Yeah, it's sometimes too much, but it's Looney Tunes--everything is sometimes too much.

That grilled cheese song is really creepy though. xD

Agent Proto
10-10-2011, 05:14 AM
I've watched an episode of this new Looney Tunes Show, didn't seem to get into it because it reminds me a bit of like Seinfeld like someone mentioned already. I'll have to watch a couple more before passing judgment.

Shlup
10-10-2011, 05:26 AM
That's odd because I hate Seinfeld. Guess that just goes to show my bias towards cartoons.

sharkythesharkdogg
10-10-2011, 10:07 PM
I don't view it as Looney Tunes, but it's made me laugh. The episode with Daffy living in denial about his role in high school, and the episode where Bugs meets Lola both had me smiling quite a bit a few times.

I like this different take on the characters so far.