PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell is Yang's mother?

CimminyCricket
10-09-2011, 03:24 AM
So I'm trying to get the Sylph summon on the Advance version of this game, and the walkthrough says I have to get the frying pan from Yang's mother in the left tower of Fabul. She isn't there. The only woman in that tower is his wife and all she says is that her husband can't be dead. Is there something I am missing here, or what?

Wolf Kanno
10-09-2011, 04:21 AM
The guide you have is wrong, it is Yang's wife you need to speak to, but she'll only hand over the frying pan if you have actually met Yang in the Sylph Cave. Yes... you're going to have to go through that dungeon twice to finish this quest.

CimminyCricket
10-09-2011, 04:38 AM
That's the thing. I did meet him :\ The Sylph People didn't want to let him leave. :C

Also, the guide I have is from here :P

Wolf Kanno
10-09-2011, 05:19 AM
That is weird, she should be handing over that frying pan as long as you spoke to Yang and the Sylph.

CimminyCricket
10-09-2011, 06:07 AM
I went back and talked again, I'm assuming I died at some point (damn Malboros!) and never talked to him again.

Jiro
10-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Yang looks pretty old, I'd say his mother is actually dead :( But lucky you figured it all out!

(We need to fix wherever this erroneous information is!)

CimminyCricket
10-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Smack Yang off the Face of the PlanetValuable Items: Spoon Dart
Go to Fabul and talk to Yang's mother in the left tower. She will give you a Frying Pan. Now go back to the Sylph's Cave and use it on Yang. It will wake him up. Yang wants to help the party again but instead the Sylph's prevent him from doing so and they offer their help to you. Rydia will obtain the ability to summon the Sylphs. At last return to Fabul and talk to Yang's mother again. She will give a Spoon Dart for taking up your time.

:C

Depression Moon
10-09-2011, 11:25 PM
I have the advance version and got the Sylph Summon, but I don't recall ever talking to Yang's wife.

CimminyCricket
10-10-2011, 12:41 AM
I got it and I had to talk to yang and then his wife. The sylph don't want him leaving so they join c:

Wolf Kanno
10-10-2011, 04:23 AM
I have the advance version and got the Sylph Summon, but I don't recall ever talking to Yang's wife.

If memory serves me correct, you can get them by visiting them after the Giant of Babil but you lose the chance to get the spoon dagger and the fun satisfaction of smacking Yang over the head with a frying pan. :D

CimminyCricket
10-10-2011, 05:24 AM
It should be noted that if Yang rejoins your party before you go back and get the dagger after you have hit him, you'll never get the damn thing.

MJN SEIFER
10-12-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm pretty sure, in some translations his wife is called him mom for some God Mistaken reason.