PDA

View Full Version : Yes, I'm weird...

Wolf Kanno
10-10-2011, 09:24 AM
So I was going to post in the "Last Movie you watched thread" and it donned on me I haven't watched a film completely through since the beginning of summer, I don't remember going to a movie theater since May. I remember I wanted to see a few things, like Captain America and... okay that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I seriously never have any motivation to watch movies, I just find it really boring, just sitting there, doing nothing... Even when I watch stuff at home, I'm usually moving about and only half paying attention. I think I watched Red (the Bruce Willis flick, not the one from he Colors series) a month ago but I think I only watched this part in the middle I liked. I'm just seriously not a movie person, which is weird cause I use to average two to three films a week when I was younger. Now the idea of being in a theater as entertainment just sounds boring to me. I don't even watch TV much anymore, usually history channel stuff which I listen to in the background when I read or play games.

Anyway... anyone else not care for one of the most popular forms of entertainment and anyone got some films to recommend so I can shoot them down for cheap entertainment. :D

Jiro
10-10-2011, 01:20 PM
I had a list of films to download and watch, and then it fell to the wayside and I lost it. I'm not usually a fan of movies, because I'd much rather play games while I'm on my own. Which is most of the time :p

Pike
10-10-2011, 05:10 PM
You're not alone WK, other than The Lion King 3D a few weeks back I literally haven't seen a movie all year. I'm not joking; I've seen one movie in ten months. I don't watch TV, either, aside from MLP:FiM on YouTube as it comes out.

It's really weird because I love films as an art form (enough that I majored in them, for crying out loud), but there's almost always other things I'd rather be doing. Like games. Or writing. Or something. xD

Del Murder
10-10-2011, 07:14 PM
The last movie to blow me away was Inception. Of movies I saw this year, I think Thor was the best. I'll go see a movie if it's a subject I'm interested in, like comic heroes or the Oakland A's. Otherwise I just let Miriel pick the movies we see since she has pretty good taste. (she picked Inception :))

sharkythesharkdogg
10-10-2011, 07:53 PM
WK, if you're looking for recent films I recommend then there aren't any. (Although Conan was better than I thought.)

I'm sure we can recommend older films, but you've probably seen them all too. :p

Wolf Kanno
10-11-2011, 04:33 AM
^ That is very true. :D