PDA

View Full Version : Homosexuality in V?

Depression Moon
10-11-2011, 08:47 PM
I just got FFV working and I came across the scene where Bartz and Galuf go into Faris's room while he's sleeping and they both walk out blushing with heart smileys over their heads. Galuf even says that it's the most gorgeous thing he's ever seen.

Is this meant to suggest that both of them are gay or am I missing something?

Carl the Llama
10-11-2011, 10:04 PM
I just got FFV working and I came across the scene where Bartz and Galuf go into Faris's room while he's sleeping and they both walk out blushing with heart smileys over their heads. Galuf even says that it's the most gorgeous thing he's ever seen.

Is this meant to suggest that both of them are gay or am I missing something?

Its part of the plot element, apparently Bartz is a closet gay and slowly Bartz and Faris get it together when it turns out that Faris is also gay. Here was me thinking everyone knew that FFV was the gay FF of the bunch.

CimminyCricket
10-11-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm gullible. Really? Don't make me google this and ruin your reputation.

TrollHunter
10-11-2011, 10:53 PM
And then I slammed my face against a wall violently.

SolarGirl
10-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Well, just thinking that their "male" party member is attractive doesn't necessarily make them gay. Though the idea of Bartz being gay sends me squealing like the fangirl I am, I don't think there's anything to it. They just have a healthy respect for the human form, whichever form they think they're looking at.

Hollycat
10-12-2011, 12:02 AM
This thread already exists :(
http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-v/136937-homosexuals.html

Depression Moon
10-12-2011, 01:28 AM
You spoiled it for me.

CimminyCricket
10-12-2011, 01:52 AM
Oooooo that's right....Faris is a GIRL.

Duh.

The Man
10-12-2011, 02:03 AM
You spoiled it for me.

It's not really possible to answer your question fully without spoiling the game.

Depression Moon
10-12-2011, 02:29 AM
Kaiser and Solargirl didn't.

Bolivar
10-12-2011, 02:50 AM
I had the same feeling about the scene at the time but... yeah obviously it makes sense in context. Still, I think it's presence shows how awesome the Japanese version of the old school FFs were at pushing the envelope in ways... well, foreign! to most Western gamers (I know, there's a lot of dirty games :) )

Carl the Llama
10-12-2011, 02:51 AM
Kaiser and Solargirl didn't.

But what if what I had told you was actually true? I would have spoiled it for you then lol.

The Man
10-12-2011, 03:33 AM
Kaiser and Solargirl didn't.I said fully. The full answer is Faris is a woman so them finding her attractive cannot imply that they are gay.

VeloZer0
10-12-2011, 04:18 AM
You don't necessarily know that they saw her feminine figure. I mean, it could have just been their reaction to seeing another guy sleeping.

Just saying...

(Got to keep the thread alive)

Loony BoB
10-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Sadly, although you would not have predicted it given how far you had gone into the game at the point you made this thread, it was fairly inevitable that someone would spoil this for you. :( Sorry I didn't get her earlier as I would have made it clear to everyone to mark their spoilers!

It shouldn't stop your enjoyment of the game, though. FFV rocks.

SolarGirl
10-13-2011, 12:14 AM
I didn't think Faris' gender was a major spoiler.

I would like to point out though, that neither Galuf nor Bartz seemed suprised by their attraction to another "male." Have they realized something about themselves that we don't know yet?

KentaRawr!
06-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Maybe being bi is common in the FFV world.

Sephex
06-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Her sprite always looked female to me. The first time I played the game I was like, "Well...yeah."

*Laurelindo*
02-07-2013, 11:15 PM
The only thing that surprised me concerning her gender was that it was apparently supposed to be a secret.

Faris
02-07-2013, 11:39 PM
If you listen closely you can hear a sigh of relief once they find out Faris's gender.

*Laurelindo*
02-08-2013, 08:13 AM
The funny thing though, is that they never actually realized that she was in fact a woman up until the scene in the ship graveyard or whatever, so when they were struck by her beauty in Tule they were still assuming it was a man.
Of course, you can find someone of the same gender pretty no matter what your sexuality is, but I always had the impression that they found a "guy" cute and just accepted it that way.