PDA

View Full Version : The Avengers trailer now out

Spawn of Sephiroth
10-12-2011, 04:27 AM
So has anyone watched the trailer for the Avengers? I now have faith in this movie. I've been excited for it for a while, but kind of iffy about whether or not they could pull it off without over doing it. Atleast the trailer makes is look like its going to be the movie of the summer next year!!!

The Avengers Theatrical Trailer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9cuGZJ9DP0)

Freya
10-12-2011, 04:54 AM
Oh man I saw it earlier. I was thoroughly impressed!

Shlup
10-13-2011, 12:20 AM
I'm torn between general excitement and being bummed about Edward Norton. I really don't like who they replaced him with.

APolaris
10-13-2011, 06:04 AM
This looks visually interesting without giving an idea of what the plot is. All in all, I think it's a good trailer. In their position, you want to build suspense about what they're going to be dealing with (other than each other), who they'll be battling, what they'll be fighting for, whether it'll be pure action or some characters soul-searching...

charliepanayi
10-13-2011, 09:11 AM
What's wrong with Mark Ruffalo as a replacement for Edward Norton, he's a good actor.

Peegee
10-13-2011, 05:31 PM
it's the idea of having a role played by two different actors

but we got used to the new dumbledore....

APolaris
10-13-2011, 05:45 PM

but we got used to the new dumbledore....

*decides not to tell Peegee there's more than one Superman movie*

NorthernChaosGod
10-13-2011, 06:16 PM
This looks badass. I can't smurfing to go watch it.

I wonder how Iron Man is going to make fun of everyone. :D

Shlup
10-13-2011, 07:33 PM
What's wrong with Mark Ruffalo as a replacement for Edward Norton, he's a good actor.
He's not Edward Norton is what's wrong with him. He doesn't appeal to me in the slightest (even when I've seen him in other movies), while Edward Norton is my favorite actor. So obviously I'm going to be bummed.

And I hate when movies/shows chance actors. Hate it.

NorthernChaosGod
10-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Didn't Norton want out? :confused:

Del Murder
10-14-2011, 03:36 AM
*three different actors. :D

I'm wondering how all these big personalities will coexist. It will be interesting for sure, but I have my doubts it will be better than Iron Man/Thor's individual movies.

Carl the Llama
10-16-2011, 01:41 AM
I gotta say I cannot wait for this movie, years I have waited for this and FINALLY we have the trailer, I read somewhere that this trailer was watched over 10 million times in the first day of its release on iTunes... really looking forward to this.

Depression Moon
10-16-2011, 02:13 AM
Didn't Norton want out? :confused:

He was difficult to work with. This trailer is hype though.

Carl the Llama
10-16-2011, 03:45 AM
Anyone have any theories as to how Thor got back to earth? One possibility is that Jane (Portman) found out a way to reopen the gate... at least thats the impression I get from Heimdall saying she searches for Thor.

Miriel
10-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Poor Chris Evans. With the exception of Mark Ruffalo and ScarJo, EVERY single cast member has more on screen presence than he does. And at least Mark Ruffalo is a talented actor and ScarJo is hot.

He's just gonna be swallowed up alive.

I'm most excited to see more of Loki. He was a lovely villain in the Thor movie.

Shiny
10-17-2011, 09:10 PM
I love how they used my favorite NIN songs for that trailer. Like I said before, get ready for Downey Jr. to pretty much steal the whole movie.

Miriel
10-17-2011, 09:16 PM
I dunno RDJ's avenger line in the trailer made me cringe. And plus, I can't even look at RDJ while Thor's biceps are on screen.

Shiny
10-17-2011, 09:19 PM
*Get ready for Downey Jr. and Thor's biceps to steal the whole movie.

NorthernChaosGod
10-17-2011, 10:24 PM
I can't even look at RDJ while Thor's biceps are on screen.
and thus proving curls for girls.

Del Murder
10-18-2011, 12:28 AM
I know everyone expects RDJ's Iron Man to steal the show, but I wouldn't be surprised if Thor did. It is certainly set up for him to, with his brother being the main villain. I am stoked for more Loki vs. Thor. In fact, I'd probably be as excited to see this movie if it were called Thor 2.

Shlup
10-18-2011, 01:31 AM
Poor Chris Evans. With the exception of Mark Ruffalo and ScarJo, EVERY single cast member has more on screen presence than he does. And at least Mark Ruffalo is a talented actor and ScarJo is hot.

He's just gonna be swallowed up alive.

I'm most excited to see more of Loki. He was a lovely villain in the Thor movie.
You give me crap when I call San Francisco "Frisco" or "San Fran" but you call Scarlett Johansson "ScarJo"? :nonono:

Mercen-X
10-22-2011, 07:49 PM
I've heard that Cap and Thor didn't live up to their individual hype. I liked Edward Norton as Banner but as my uncle puts it, "anybody can be Banner", he's not significant, all we care about is the green guy. Still, I heard of a couple of other candidates for Banner and one caught my eye and I'm disappointed the part went to Ruffalo. Not his biggest fan. In fact, what the hell was he in?

charliepanayi
10-22-2011, 08:32 PM
What's Ruffalo been in? You Can Count On Me, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Zodiac, The Kids Are All Right amongst others. Don't understand the antipathy towards him here.

Depression Moon
10-23-2011, 12:18 AM
Never heard of those movies except for Zodiac.

Mercen-X
10-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Also never watched Zodiac