PDA

View Full Version : waking up ridiculously early.

Iceglow
10-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Ok so I've got work today from 8am which requires me to leave the house no later than around 7am. Normally for such a shift I would wake up at around 6am having prepared myself (most of my grooming etc) the night before just ready to leap in the shower, style my hair and leave for work. Which sounds fair enough and true to form last night I did 90% of my daily prep such as trimming hair where needed (my sideburns were getting to mutton chop length. I decided to bring them in a little) and all the other small bits and pieces. However today I did not wake up at 6am, no my body decided 4am was a far superior time to awaken and not go back to sleep. So over the last 2 hours and 37 minutes, I have posted, chatted to people Eric and Lissa mostly, but they're being boring and not very talky and generally been bored (why oh why did I watch every episode of the TV shows I watch over the weekend?)

So as a topic of discussion, when was the last time you woke up ridiculously early for something important (like work) and not like "Oh I had to start work at 6am" I mean just generally leaving yourself hours and hours of time when there is nothing to do because there isn't even a gym open at this hour.

erikramza
10-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Since I've been back in the states I've been sleeping MAYBE once in every three days, and never for very long...

Ambien work but make me do strange things while sleep walking or amnesia walking.
The lunesta work a little better as far as controlling wonky side effects... but only ever work getting me to sleep about half the time. Before my tbi, when I was still on missions, waking up two to three hours before mission would give me plenty of time for everything...

Jiro
10-12-2011, 12:29 PM
I got to "grooming" and had to stifle a giggle. I instantly pictured you as some kind of cross between a horse and a body builder. It was smurfed up man.

I rarely get up early, only have an early start for class once a week. Sometimes my body decides smurf you and wakes me up an hour or two too early and then when I go back to sleep I wake up four hours late. smurf you body.

EDIT: I should clarify that there is nothing wrong with taking pride in your appearance. Just because I take about five minutes to get ready does not mean I don't value looking sexy, it just means I maintain a perpetual state of sexiness am bone lazy.

Yar
10-12-2011, 12:31 PM
I had to wake up at 6:30 today so I could go retrieve my car after a night of partying. I have to be at work at 8:00.

Waking up before 10:00 is "ridiculously early" to me.

Pike
10-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Back when I worked 6am shifts at work I woke up at 5am every day, including my days off. This went on for a solid year or so.

It was kinda neat waking up before everyone else and getting everything done nice and early. The downside, of course, was that I was dog tired by about 9pm. But hey. xD

(It's actually when I wrote my first book. In the wee hours of the morning. :jess: )

Peegee
10-12-2011, 05:02 PM
I worked about 2 hours later than usual for a few days once. I went to the gym in the morning bc the gym would be stuffed full of ijits that late at night.

Otherwise I would've just took 5 days off the gym and slept in 2 hours. that would've been annoying. i think sleep is unproductive.

Iceglow
10-12-2011, 06:15 PM
I got to "grooming" and had to stifle a giggle. I instantly pictured you as some kind of cross between a horse and a body builder. It was smurfed up man.

I rarely get up early, only have an early start for class once a week. Sometimes my body decides smurf you and wakes me up an hour or two too early and then when I go back to sleep I wake up four hours late. smurf you body.

But I am a cross between a horse and a body builder kinda, I have really good shoulder, chest and leg definition and to boot I'm hung like a horse!

Oh and btw, I know exactly what you mean about the body waking you up early by a bit and then waking you up again 4 hours too late. It's exactly why I didn't risk going back to sleep this morning happened one time too many in the past.

Pike
10-12-2011, 08:33 PM
i think sleep is unproductive.

I think sleep is unproductive as well, but on the other hand, if I don't get any sleep and am tired all day then I am even LESS productive. So I aim for a solid 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Actually my body is very sensitive when it comes to sleep; any MORE than 8 hours of sleep screws me over just as much as NO sleep does and makes me groggy and headachey all day.

Jiro
10-13-2011, 01:29 AM
(It's actually when I wrote my first book. In the wee hours of the morning. :jess: )
What a coincidence, that's when I read it!

EDIT: Over your shoulder, as you wrote it :shifty:

fire_of_avalon
10-13-2011, 01:49 AM
I third the unproductiveness of sleep. I hate that I have to sleep. I mean I like to sleep when my body desires it but I hate that my body even desires it.

erikramza
10-13-2011, 03:13 AM
I third the unproductiveness of sleep. I hate that I have to sleep. I mean I like to sleep when my body desires it but I hate that my body even desires it.

I would do anything, and give anything to be able to sleep without having to take pills. Stupid rpg... stupid life changing concussion!
Maybe if the stupid army would have treated me immediately after instead of having me rest for a month... WITH A CONCUSSION. Idiots. Greatfull I didn't fall into a coma, I suppose.

Thinking 'out loud' via typed word. Enjoy your sleep while you can. Never know what life has in store.

Pike
10-13-2011, 03:21 AM
What a coincidence, that's when I read it!

EDIT: Over your shoulder, as you wrote it :shifty:

I'm now trying to decide whether the mental image of Jiro leaning over Pike's shoulder and reading as she writes is creepy or cute.

choco-chocobo
10-13-2011, 03:40 AM
Now. It's 3:40am and my body thinks this is hilarious.

Shlup
10-13-2011, 04:06 AM
I usually wake up around 10:00, but on days I sub I wake up at 5:00. And it sucks ass.

Jiro
10-13-2011, 07:09 AM

I would do anything, and give anything to be able to sleep without having to take pills. Stupid rpg... stupid life changing concussion!
Maybe if the stupid army would have treated me immediately after instead of having me rest for a month... WITH A CONCUSSION. Idiots. Greatfull I didn't fall into a coma, I suppose.

Thinking 'out loud' via typed word. Enjoy your sleep while you can. Never know what life has in store.

dude... just... :( :heart:

APolaris
10-13-2011, 07:30 AM
For me, 10 is usually early, and I haven't had to get up earlier than that in nine years. I suppose I'll have to change that whenever I find a teaching job.

For now, I only have to change it for Saturdays. I start a weekend class at an enrichment school on Saturday morning. It's only 2 hours a week, plus whatever tutoring hours I get, but at least it's $35 an hour. That's kind of worth getting up at 7.

Chris
10-13-2011, 02:10 PM
I've been getting up every day for the last couple of years between 6:30 and 7:00, even if it's my day off. I've tried sleeping in, but my brain doesn't seem to want to. *Sighs* I wish I could stay in bed 'til at least 10, but that just doesn't work.

Carl the Llama
10-14-2011, 02:44 AM
People who don't like sleep are weird, sleeping is one of my all time favourite things to do, on my rare days off I like nothing better to get many many hours of sleep, on one occasion (after doing 2 14 hour shifts in a row with very little sleep) I slept for like 14 hours, it was bliss.