PDA

View Full Version : [XIII-2] New? 7 Minute Trailer

ljkkjlcm9
10-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Final Fantasy XIII-2: New Adventures Trailer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zRDij-wHKok)

Notable features:
Final Fantasy XIII-2: New Adventures Trailer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zRDij-wHKok#t=160s)
Chocobo racing?

Final Fantasy XIII-2: New Adventures Trailer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zRDij-wHKok#t=174s)
Change leader? So you can change the character you're controlling in battle... probably does away with the leader dying game over thing too?

Everything I see and learn makes this game look more amazing and totally awesome to me.

THE JACKEL

Carl the Llama
10-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Awesome, looks like Chocobo's are making their biggest appearance in a final fantasy ever, Chocobo Racing, (and it seems coloured chocobo breeding) AND they can also fight in battles too... which lets face it, is just completely awesome, Chocobo Mounted Knights (ffx anyone) may even make an appearance too (no evidence to substantiate but if they can fight in battle with you its not to much of a stretch of imagination now is it).

January needs to hurry up and arrive already, it seems this game could have the potential to revive the series back to greatness.

CHOCOBO'S!!!

Del Murder
10-14-2011, 03:27 AM
Looks more awesome every time I see more. Good to see more of the other characters other than Serah and Noel. Like grown up Hope! Really the only thing this game has going against it at this point is that happens to be a sequel to FFXIII. :p

nirojan
10-14-2011, 04:40 AM
Biggest thing to take away from the trailer: MINIGAMES!!

...And it seems they should invest more money in that lip syncing thing they did for XIII, cause some parts of the trailer were horribly off.

Shlup
10-15-2011, 01:52 AM
Why did they show the two dead characters and then Sazh in the same fashion?? I want to see him in every scene, dammit!

It looks really interesting though. Looks like they maybe tried to emphasize that there will be puzzles?

Rostum
10-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Looks interesting, but I still find it hard to get around the incredibly dumb dialogue.

DMKA
10-15-2011, 05:01 PM
I still find it hard to get around the incredibly dumb dialogue.
...have you ever played a JRPG before? :p

I am pretty intrigued by the fighting with monsters thing and the change leader function. I was VERY surprised to see chocobo racing in there.

It looks like they really did listen to a good deal of the complaints people made toward FFXIII. I am pretty excited at this point. :)

Sefie1999AD
10-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Wow, just wow! This trailer totally made me think Final Fantasy XIII-2 is actually a serious sequel rather than a light-hearted follow-up like FFX-2 or FFXII: Revenant Wings. I'd still rather not get too much expectations, but looks pretty good so far. :)

Cloudane
10-21-2011, 12:33 AM
This looks soooo awesome :D

Did I also see a moogle?

I also saw a moving floor thing that reminded me of FFX's Bevelle Temple *shudder* - best not dwell on that.

Ahh it's good to be looking forward to an FF again.

Wolf Kanno
10-23-2011, 05:03 AM
Its looking a hell of a lot better than XIII was, this may be one of those rare times a sequel really outshines its predecessor, though I don't feel it will be hard for XIII since the original didn't have much going for it anyway beyond technical specs.

My guess for the plot, is that Goddess Etro screwed the XIII timeline by saving Cocoon and the villain and Noel are both from the worlds original timeline where Cocoon was destroyed, and now they are screwing with time as well for some nefarious reason, I even bet Lindzei will end up being behind it all. Etro is using Lightning and possibly Snow to stop the new badguy and both gods are exploiting Serah and Noel by manipulating them using the Time Crux to screw history.

Elpizo
10-23-2011, 10:10 AM
My guess for the plot, is that Goddess Etro screwed the XIII timeline by saving Cocoon and the villain and Noel are both from the worlds original timeline where Cocoon was destroyed, and now they are screwing with time as well for some nefarious reason, I even bet Lindzei will end up being behind it all. Etro is using Lightning and possibly Snow to stop the new badguy and both gods are exploiting Serah and Noel by manipulating them using the Time Crux to screw history.

I get the feeling we'll be dealing with plot-holes and chasms all over the place, as is usually the case with RPG stories that deal with time travel. :D But I'm totally willing to put my common sense on a hold if the gameplay is fun.

Wolf Kanno
10-23-2011, 06:40 PM
If it involves time travel, it will have plot-holes and unexplained elements. There really hasn't been a Time traveling story in a game that doesn't. I'm more intrigued by finally getting into the heart of the FNC's mythology by involving the Gods and Goddesses, but the change into a time travel story could be a bit messy. Also, Snow seriously needs his crack beanie back, his hat hair looks awful.

Sefie1999AD
10-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Its looking a hell of a lot better than XIII was, this may be one of those rare times a sequel really outshines its predecessor, though I don't feel it will be hard for XIII since the original didn't have much going for it anyway beyond technical specs.

It's funny, because that's exactly the way I felt about FFX. I hated the original game, but I thought FFX-2 was actually decent since it had fast-paced ATB battles, a job system and no Tidus (most of the time). :D

If the storyline heavily focuses on time travel, hopefully it doesn't try to take itself too seriously. For example, the plot was still understandable in Chrono Trigger, but Chrono Cross simply tried to be too complex, IMHO. Therefore, some parts in CC didn't make much sense or were a plot hole or a time paradox.

Shlup
10-25-2011, 02:57 AM
Did I also see a moogle?

He's a main character! Yay! (http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/06/10/e3-2011-get-to-know-mog-in-final-fantasy-xiii-2/)

Cloudane
10-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Did I also see a moogle?

He's a main character! Yay! (http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/06/10/e3-2011-get-to-know-mog-in-final-fantasy-xiii-2/)

Desire for this sequel just increased by 20% :jess: