PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite Game Breaker in Kingdom Hearts?

TwilightLord
10-15-2011, 01:17 PM
We all know the Kingdom Hearts series is full of Game Breakers, but which is your personal favourite? For those who don't know, a Game Breaker is basically an exploit that makes the game much easier than it should be. It's not really a "cheat" per se since it's still part of the game, it's more like taking advantage of the game mechanics.

For me, my favourite is the way MP works in Kingdom Hearts II. By equipping lots of MP Rage and MP Haste abilities, you basically make yourself invincible. To elaborate: Curaga takes all your MP to use and heals you fully. MP Rage makes your MP increase when you take damage. MP Haste means your MP recharges faster after it runs out completely. The two abilities stack. This basically means if you equip enough, you can basically get attacked and your MP shoots to full. Combine with the Second Chance (leaves you at 1 HP after a powerful attack that would have otherwise killed you) and Once More (leaves you at 1 HP after a combo that would have otherwise killed you) abilities and you basically become invincible, especially if you also add Leaf Bracer, which makes you invulnerable while casting Curaga. As long as you can hit the shortcut, you can basically never die. Equipping the Ultima Weapon, which has the MP Hastega equipment ability, is also a major help. With this set up, even the final boss becomes a joke. Sephiroth is the only one who might still give you trouble.

Does anyone else have any Game Breaking strategies they love to use? Let me know!

Del Murder
10-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Yeah, I was gonna say MP Rage and MP Haste. They do make you invincible.

Wolf Kanno
10-15-2011, 08:44 PM
It depends on the game...

KH1 - Strike Raid, this attack does way more damage than it should and its combo effect can decimate bosses, especially when you take advantage of things like Sephiroth's casting animations. Its long range keeps Sora safe from harm as a bonus so you're not as likely to blow through MP as quickly.

KH:CoM - Full Cloud Summon for Sora, King Mickey Summon and Dark Mode for Riku. Cloud's Omnislash is just unfair and the computer A.I. is not as quick to block it with a 0 card as it would like. I know too many people who just beat this game by building Cloud decks. King Mickey is pretty cheap but necessary for poor Riku since he has no other way to heal, but King Mickey is also like a Holy version of the Phoenix summon, restoring vast amounts of health for Riku and doing massive damage to everything else on the screen. Since he is his only summon, its not difficult to collect the cards and have a good stockpile for boss fights. Dark Mode is also overpowered as all hell since it allows Riku to use souped up versions of Firaga and the Cloud Summon, not to mention his regular combos are just mean.... Seriously the whole strategy for Riku is to just get him into Dark Mode as quickly as possible.

KH2 - Yeah, I'm going to concur with the MP system and all the special sub-abilities like Berserk that make the system unfair. Sephiroth is a joke when you can combo Trinity/Berserk/Heal and his only real means of getting out of your near infinite combo is to teleport in the rare moments their is a bit of lag with you pushing buttons or when you need to heal. The Form system is also an overpowered mechanic that just allows you to decimate enemies and bosses even with Heartless Mode. Master and Ultimate Mode are especially overpowered. There is a damn good reason why you can't use them for Xemnas' final form.

358/2 - It is actually a fairly balanced game for the most part, probably Limit attacks, especially Roxas' first one which is a mini-Renzoken followed by a few super powerful X-shaped holy attacks that can hit groups. Really the more unfair aspects of the game come from playing as characters like Saix, Riku, King Mickey, and Dual-wielding Roxas in the Mission mode. The stats and combos these guys have are insane, probably why Mission Mode has a much beefier difficulty mode.

Birth By Sleep - Really depends on the character, but overall, Drives are pretty damn overpowered, especially when you start unlocking second and third tier exclusive Modes. Hell, even basic ones are devastating when used under the right circumstances. For Terra, his Meteor combo finisher is overpowered, I can hit whole groups of enemies in a huge targeting area, and I am invincible the whole time and even if you had a naturally high magic or physical defense, you have no defense against this attack. Time Splicer for Ventus and Aqua, as well as Dodge Roll and Cartwheel that give near absolute immunity to damage and is the crutch that allows them to take down the games optional bosses with ease as opposed to poor Terra's whose dash move give no immunity. The Shotclocks are also pretty devastating to everything except the small handful of bosses that have some way around it. Salvation is pretty nasty for Ventus, basically his own version of the King Mickey Summon in CoM.

Mercen-X
10-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Kingdom Hearts is a walk through the park. Which is why the battles against Sephiroth (and even the Ice Titan) are so annoying because they suddenly require you to strategize and use the abilities in the game that you probably never really paid attention to before because the game is easy enough without them. When I played KHII in hard mode, Demyx gave me a hard time because I would continue to Transform into Shadow Sora and I couldn't deliver a "final hit" on Demyx. I could bring his HP down to critical but he'd heal because nothing SS could do could finish him off. I've received a lot of advice about this battle (and others), but once a game has trained me to think in a certain pattern, it's hard for me to adjust and it just feels like the advice I'm getting is vague and/or completely useless.

FYI, yes, I'm probably the only person left in the world who hasn't been able to defeat Sephiroth.

*Devore*
10-18-2011, 10:07 PM
FYI, yes, I'm probably the only person left in the world who hasn't been able to defeat Sephiroth.

I've only beating KH2 version, he just bends over and takes it. But for the KH1 version its the over way round.

In BBS I just spammed Time Splicer and Salvation all the time.

TwilightLord
10-19-2011, 12:18 PM
I know of another Game Breaker in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep that arguably outshines them all: the spell Mega Flare. It does high damage to all enemies over a large radius, executes quickly, and the damaging part of the attack lasts for several seconds so if you're in an area where enemies spawn in waves you can damage multiple waves at a time. Plus, if you know how the Command Board works, it can be obtained as soon as you leave the Land of Departure. Level up three Fires and two Aeros, fuse two of the Fires into Fira, fuse that with the third Fire to get Firaga, fuse the Aeros into Aerora, and then fuse Firaga and Aerora into Fission Firaga. Now repeat the process with the Fires to get a second Firaga (or if you have the cash, just buy one from a Moogle), and fuse that with Slow to get Crawling Fire. Now fuse Crawling Fire with Fission Firaga. Congratulations, you just got Mega Flare before you even got to your second world. Have fun blazing through most of the normal storyline in seconds. Unfortunately, this doesn't work in the Final Mix version - they nerfed Mega Flare by doubling the recharge time.

Jiro
10-19-2011, 12:46 PM
I didn't even realise there were all these tricks. This is awesome.