PDA

View Full Version : How many can you handle?

Marky Tee
10-16-2011, 01:23 AM
so i was wondering how many game (and books or tv series for that matter) do you guys play at the same time?
and how many do you think it would be safe to get into without loosing track of what's going on where?
i ask this because i have several stuffs to get into at the moment and am pretty impatient :p

Raian the Fallen
10-16-2011, 04:12 AM
Usually one of each genre, but I can handle up to two. RPGs are restricted at two.

Wolf Kanno
10-16-2011, 04:37 AM
I'm usually a one at a time type of guy, but lately, nothing seems to hold my interest for long so I've been jumping from title to title. I still stick to one medium though, so I'm either gaming, watching a series, or reading.

Del Murder
10-16-2011, 05:12 AM
I usually go with one game per system at a time, between PS3, NDS, and PSP. For books I have an 'at home' book and a 'lunch break' book. For TV series I just watch whatever's on.

Pike
10-16-2011, 06:18 AM
Regarding games - I bounce around between a whole lot of them. I tend to lean toward games that can be "played" over the course of just a few hours (see: Civilization and other strategy games, for example), so I can play several of those at the same time without issue. With deeper, story-based games I'll play only one or two at a time, though.

Books I used to approach similarly but these days I usually only read one or two at a time.

TV - All I watch anymore is My Little Pony.

Marky Tee
10-16-2011, 11:19 AM
My Little Pony?
what tha?
you serious?

erikramza
10-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Limitless action games. Im probably gonna bounce back and forth between mw3 and bf3, as well as play black ops (came out during my deployment. Haven't had a chance). If I don't get into an rpg in the first four hours i usually give up on it. Ff 9 is probably the longest i played an rpg for quitting out on it. Just didn't care for it...

As far as games heavy in cinimatics (xenosaga games, metal gear solid series) they can usually take priority, and shift my focus away from any other games i have queued up.

One book until i finish it. No limit on t.v. series', given time restraints.
Hopefully Ill get my ps3 out here before battlefield comes out, and I can get back into games on a regular basis.

Pike
10-16-2011, 02:33 PM
My Little Pony?
what tha?
you serious?

You HAVE seen our 13-page long My Little Pony thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/lounge/137273-my-little-pony-friendship-magic.html), right?

Marky Tee
10-16-2011, 07:02 PM
i'm too afraid to click that....

black orb
10-16-2011, 11:21 PM
>>> 2 is my limit..:luca:

Jiro
10-17-2011, 02:34 PM
The safest bet is infinite. But really, I have no idea. I once had five books on the go. I basically have all of my games on the go :p Two or three of each is probably what a reasonable person would and should do, max. I'm just too hyperactive and get bored easily.

Bolivar
10-18-2011, 01:31 AM
I am a one game guy for the most part. I like to have on RPG or longer story-based game I'm playing. But at the same time I'll hop around between a few multiplayer shooters, like Killzone 3, Black Ops, MW2, and Bad Company 2/Vietnam. I'm so stoked for Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3. It's gonna be a blast! But I'll have one RPG that I'm playing as my main games. Just finished up Xenogears, playing Valkyria Chronicles 2 right now.

As far as books, I'm scared to read more than one at a time. Was reading Shadow & Claw but put it down for a while now and am afraid I've stayed away for it for too long.

Pumpkin
10-18-2011, 01:59 AM
I always have 1 RPG going, one non-RPG (Tekken right now), and generally 2 books. A drama and a comedy.

Reaca
10-18-2011, 02:57 AM
I can handle like 4 or 5 games at a time, 1 book at a time, and I really only watch Wilfred and Family Guy on TV. So, yeah....

Bubba
10-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Limitless action games. Im probably gonna bounce back and forth between mw3 and bf3, as well as play black ops (came out during my deployment. Haven't had a chance).

Me and my mate had a Black Ops marathon in Glasgow on Sunday night. We didn't have a save file so we just played the whole game from start to finish. It took about 8 hours. I don't really like FP shooters (my interest peaked at N64 Goldeneye) but the Black Ops story had me hooked!

If it's RPG's then one at a time is all I can manage... like my women.

erikramza
10-19-2011, 04:48 AM
Limitless action games. Im probably gonna bounce back and forth between mw3 and bf3, as well as play black ops (came out during my deployment. Haven't had a chance). I don't really like FP shooters (my interest peaked at N64 Goldeneye) but the Black Ops story had me hooked!

If it's RPG's then one at a time is all I can manage... like my women.

Thanks for the input. This is the most I've heard about the game (save;some obscure hype trailer back around august 2010 or so) and is enough to hype me up into it.
Oh, while the subject is there to build upon... anyone know off the top of their head anything about a goldeneye remake? Cuz, yeah... that game paved the way for the fps games of today. And not only this, but sculpting and refining the fps multiplayer experience of today was one of its many feats.