PDA

View Full Version : The AA12 would come in handy tonight... spoilers abound

fire_of_avalon
10-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Tonight is the premier of season two of The Walking Dead. Earlier in a facebook status, I'd said that I'd been looking forward to this for weeks, but in reality, it's been on my mind for a few months.

Does anyone else watch this show? Are you watching tonight? Are you so so so excited?

I really wish I had a group to watch with me. :/ Talk about all things the Walking Dead. What's your favorite season 1 episode? Favorite character? Favorite death?

sharkythesharkdogg
10-16-2011, 09:35 PM
EXCITED!!!!

I told you about the AA12, and linked you to the video with all the different types of shell options you have to choose from.

I can't wait for tonight!

Madame Adequate
10-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Yes this is a great show adapted from a great comic I can't wait for this season, shit should get so real :jess:

Rantz
10-16-2011, 10:52 PM
I will not be watching tonight but tomorrow night I will be all about Dexter and Walking Dead.

sharkythesharkdogg
10-17-2011, 01:02 AM
It's on!!! GYO GO GO GUUUU. M'hoiven!!

I'll be in chat to discuss the zombieness.

Freya
10-17-2011, 03:45 AM
I just watched all of season one this week. And just watched the new one. And you could not get that close to a deer! COME ON! They spook easily! That's why you have to have a gun and usually with a scope! And in season 1, a horse would not have gone near that many dead things. They are prey animals that spook easily and are fearful of the smell of blood. I know these things! I live on a ranch and have hunted! Everything else of the show, good job. Using animal behavior inaccuracies as plot points, puh-lease.

Also I'll leave this here...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/aggro_veggie/gifs/walkdeadshh.gif

Araciel
10-17-2011, 07:34 AM
The praying zombies made not much sense... if they're so mindless, eevery time the bell went they would skulk around...

Read the comic, love the show.. Shane is a bitch but anything's better than Rick.

Chris
10-17-2011, 09:10 AM
Seeing it tonight, and I'm pretty excited. I loved season one, and I have been anticipating season two's arrival for what seems like forever. :jess:

Rantz
10-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Sweet season premiere. Chewed my nails half off.

He may be an ass, but he's undeniably pretty hot when he doesn't look like a complete hick.

Also I bet they're gonna find Meeeerle soon. I want me some vengeful redneck action.

sharkythesharkdogg
10-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Also I bet they're gonna find Meeeerle soon. I want me some vengeful redneck action.

I think they're going to go for the "grudging friendship" angle between the racist hick and the black dude. He already rescued black dude in the latest episode. I think THEN Merle will show up. Drama drama.

Freya
10-17-2011, 09:44 PM
I think He'll have to choose between these people he's been protecting forever and his brother. His brother will probably want to kill them for leaving him. The drama will be gooooood!

fire_of_avalon
10-18-2011, 05:47 PM
James you and me are gonna fight. I think Rick is probably the most honest portrayal of leadership I've seen in a long time.

Freya
10-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Sunday's Season 2 premiere of AMC's The Walking Dead shattered basic cable ratings records.
The 90-minute episode drew 7.3 million total viewers, becoming the strongest telecast for any drama in basic cable history among two key demos.

The zombie drama based on Robert Kirkman's long-running comics drew 4.8 million viewers in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic, 4.2 million adults 25-54 and registered a 4.8 household rating, shattering a nearly 10-year-old basic cable record among the demos for a single drama telecast. (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-season-2-premiere-249340)

Neat, the zombies are taking over.

Rantz
10-18-2011, 08:50 PM
I like Rick as a character, I just don't like his face.

fire_of_avalon
10-19-2011, 12:14 AM
I would do things to his face that would make you piss your pants.

sharkythesharkdogg
10-19-2011, 12:27 AM
..........go on.

erikramza
10-19-2011, 04:04 AM
I love, LOVE the books..... buuuut... I find myself rolling my eyes at alot of what goes on in the episode. Lots of contradictions in it (if prompted:will give examples, I just dont fucking feel like) given rules presented by the comic. I understand that the creative team has to go to lengths to extend and add to get that full hour episode, and I understand that it is a different creative venture from the books, but if you're gonna half ass stick to the story, why extremely deviate SOMETIMES?

And yeah, Rick has a funny, fat little face in the show. Looks like a guy who weighed 300 pounds, and then lost all his weight... weight in his body anyways.

Araciel
10-19-2011, 07:10 AM
James you and me are gonna fight. I think Rick is probably the most honest portrayal of leadership I've seen in a long time.

Do I get tied up during this fight like a dirty piggy!?

Leadership portrayal doesn't mean I'mma like a character..

Freya
10-19-2011, 07:56 AM
That's creative licensing for you! The problem with the comic book is it couldn't expand as well on a character as the show can. You can actually see their emotions change in real time. You have a panel for each in the book. So they took some liberties to expand on some characters and change the story around that. I think it works, and just like any show/movie that's translated from something else, you have to remember that while they have same title and same characters and same settings, they are two completely different things.

erikramza
10-19-2011, 08:04 AM
That's creative licensing for you! The problem with the comic book is it couldn't expand as well on a character as the show can. You can actually see their emotions change in real time. You have a panel for each in the book. So they took some liberties to expand on some characters and change the story around that. I think it works, and just like any show/movie that's translated from something else, you have to remember that while they have same title and same characters and same settings, they are two completely different things.

Completely agree.

Lol. There is no pleasing me. I complained about SinCity being obsolete to the book for being TOO accurate. This was on my first viewing of it, the DAY AFTER I read the books (for about the 8th time) to get hyped up. Then I saw it and kept saying "hold on now... I just did this yesterday! Fuck this movie!".

I could see them translate maybe one issue into two episodes and cover everything pretty well... The only reason I suggest this is that they're on issue 80 or something... High enough for them to squeeze several episodes, and seasons out of that formula. One issue is one entire season? Lol. Its gonna be the longest running show in history!

sharkythesharkdogg
10-19-2011, 01:12 PM

Hitchhiker's Guide is a prime modern example of that. Book, t.v., movie, radio, and live action all had their own, pretty different, versions of the same basic story.

Araciel
10-19-2011, 06:31 PM
To be honest, after rewatching season one, I shall agree that having the zombie survival horror story in more than one medium with diverging storylines is a good thing - if it were a complete remake of the comic, it wouldn't be as exciting, though I find the character development a lot more focused on the show, which is likely why it appeals to a broader demographic...

:D

Madame Adequate
10-25-2011, 03:10 AM
I like Herschel even more in the show than I do in the comics.

Freya
10-25-2011, 03:32 AM
I wasn't too impressed with this episode. :/

sharkythesharkdogg
10-25-2011, 04:39 AM
As soon as they mentioned going to the high school I knew it would take them all episode to get there just in time to roll the credits. In other words I knew it was a filler episode. It has set in motion several side stories at least.

Peegee
10-25-2011, 05:51 PM
I watch it! I wonder when those loose ends will be wrapped?

I do have a question - zombies that don't see you hiding - can they smell you? Because all they did was hide under cars and whatever and kept quiet.

sharkythesharkdogg
10-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Most zombie movies I've seen seem to show the zombies as relying mostly on movement/sight, and a little bit on sounds.

I've never seen them "sniff" someone out. That seems more like a werewolf tactic.

Rantz
10-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about that. In the first season they did the whole "cover themselves with dead people's guts" thing to get past the walkers and even then they started getting looks the minute it started washing off. I dunno, the ones that walked past when they were hiding under the cars seemed to be on their way to something, which they reflected on recently, and which I have a feeling we'll find out more about soon enough. So maybe that's why they weren't paying attention. Or maybe it was just overlooked. :p

But yeah, they do smell you, as we found out in episode 2 of the first season.

Araciel
10-25-2011, 06:05 PM
It seems as though zombies use sensory organs that remain mostly internal - if they lose an ear, they can still hear out of the hole. If they lose an eye, they can't see out of it - also the eyes (in makeup) tend to look all glassy and white meaning they're likely mostly blind. They have, in the show, demonstrated that the walking dead use their sense of smell quite a lot in determining who/what to eat... I think it was episode two or three where they slathered themselves in guts to get by an army of walkers... only to be sniffed out when the rain came.

EDIT - Somewhat ninja'd

In response to the 'herd' reflection - it's been postulated that if one zombie starts to walk toward a half-heard sound or light or somesuch, others will begin to follow it, and as it passes others they will also start to follow, and so on and so on - until there is a herd... In the show, Andrea just named it this for the first time it would seem.

sharkythesharkdogg
10-25-2011, 06:13 PM
It might not be logical because their eyes do appear decayed, but I don't think it's accurate to say they're blind either. There's countless examples of the zombies seeing people. This very latest episode had them distracting the zombies with road flares, a la Jurassic Park.

I figured a zomibie's sense of smell was incredibly limited. They needed to cover themselves in guts because they were walking through a crowd of zombies. It was a visual camouflage and to a mask their smell to the zombies that were right beside them.

Hiding under the car is far enough away that the zombies couldn't pick up the scent.

It's all speculation on what is basically movie magic and fiction, but hiding under the cars seemed as good an idea as any.

fire_of_avalon
10-26-2011, 12:55 PM
are we really trying to logic our way through a show about zombies? The zombies have a specific type of sonic click they use like bats that bounces off people and other objects. Blood, guts, dead bodies, water, the space under roots of trees and cars all absorb the clicks and lead the zombies to believe their prey has vanished.

Rantz
10-26-2011, 01:45 PM
... in the Star War.

Freya
10-26-2011, 03:59 PM
I dunno. In the premiere for season two, they hid under freaking cars and the zombies didn't smell them. That was.... bad plot point.

Madame Adequate
10-27-2011, 03:40 PM
There were a whole lot of zombies, and there were also a whole lot of regular corpses. I don't have any trouble believing their smell was masked between these two factors.

Peegee
10-27-2011, 06:22 PM
I just view zombies as a degenerated human. IE eventually they will decompose and not be able to walk. I also don't like thinking zombies or herd zombies. But I'll just accept it if the narrative demands it.

I however can't stand Romero Zombies any more because they think and become stupid babies in adult bodies. Max Brooks zombies are fine but they defy physics half the time (not melting in salt water, not decaying).

Also there's never insect zombies, or bacteria zombies, or bird zombies, or animal zombies.

Yes I'm using logic on zombies. Sue me.

fire_of_avalon
10-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Resident Evil has zombie dogs. ;______;

Here be theories. I am pretty convinced that Merle now has Sophia. I know I blame him for the attack on the campsite in season 1 because he took the damn panel truck. Lure in zombies, cart them to the woods, lead them to the yummy, yummy humans.

I think soon enough he's going to come forward with her because I think he has bigger plans than revenge at this point. I also think it is gonna test Daryl's loyalty - he's worked with these people and helped them, but in the end they still chained his brother to a roof and left him in the middle of zombie Atlanta.

I also think whatever Jenner told Rick at the end of season 1 is the thing that's making him so doubtful and crazy. I can't figure out what Jenner possibly could've told him about, though, because at that point it wasn't in Jenner's nature to have hope but he obviously wasn't a bad guy intent on crushing it. He was just no longer capable of it. I dunno.

Also Jenner's story still makes me sad. The scene from season 1 where he's showing them what the disease does to the brain is probably my favorite of the series.

I love this show. :D

sharkythesharkdogg
10-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Resident Evil has zombie dogs. ;______;

Here be theories. I am pretty convinced that Merle now has Sophia. I know I blame him for the attack on the campsite in season 1 because he took the damn panel truck. Lure in zombies, cart them to the woods, lead them to the yummy, yummy humans.

I think soon enough he's going to come forward with her because I think he has bigger plans than revenge at this point. I also think it is gonna test Daryl's loyalty - he's worked with these people and helped them, but in the end they still chained his brother to a roof and left him in the middle of zombie Atlanta.

I also think whatever Jenner told Rick at the end of season 1 is the thing that's making him so doubtful and crazy. I can't figure out what Jenner possibly could've told him about, though, because at that point it wasn't in Jenner's nature to have hope but he obviously wasn't a bad guy intent on crushing it. He was just no longer capable of it. I dunno.

Also Jenner's story still makes me sad. The scene from season 1 where he's showing them what the disease does to the brain is probably my favorite of the series.

Resident Evil had fucking zombie everything. I think in the games I was chased by a zombie Cuisinart.

We have some of the same theories!

Madame Adequate
10-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Regarding Jenner, comic book spoilers (that I presume will prove to be TV show spoilers as well) that I suspect are related to what he told Rick: The virus is airborne and everyone is already infected with it. You do not have to die from a bite to resurrect, you just have to die.

Rantz
10-28-2011, 06:58 PM
I am pretty convinced that Merle now has Sophia. I know I blame him for the attack on the campsite in season 1 because he took the damn panel truck. Lure in zombies, cart them to the woods, lead them to the yummy, yummy humans.
Yeah, the first thing is what I was thinking too. Didn't think of the second thing but maybe! I was thinking that it was more related to whatever the explanation is for the whole herd behaviour we saw on the highway, but yours is an interesting theory. Would Merle unleash zombies on the camp with his brother there, though?

Definitely!

Agreed on this too. But I think what was whispered was "just" the key to whatever he was testing that seemed to be working before all his stuff was "decontaminated". A goal for Rick to aim for, even if he's not confident enough to tell the others, after his hope in the CDC turned out the way it did.

ME TOO.

fire_of_avalon
10-28-2011, 07:52 PM
MILF. MILF WHY. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME.

Want to click the spoiler. Know I will regret clicking the spoiler.

Rantz
10-28-2011, 07:59 PM
I regret clicking it. :cry:

Freya
10-31-2011, 10:40 AM
SHANE :mad2: you twat!

Madame Adequate
10-31-2011, 08:56 PM
Bahahahaha that was alpha as fuck I love Shane so hard right now

Rantz
10-31-2011, 10:12 PM
Fucking SHANE, MAN

sharkythesharkdogg
10-31-2011, 10:17 PM
AFTER Otis came back and saved his ass. SHAAAANNNEEE!!!!

fire_of_avalon
10-31-2011, 11:02 PM
I mean..... I get it. I do get it. It's inexcusable but I get it. Idk. I will make a proper post later.

supernaps
11-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Last episode was brilliant.
Yes, what Shane did was really, really harsh and outrageous but it just shows that the surviving instinct can make you do crazy things. They're starting to lose their humanity little by little.

fire_of_avalon
11-03-2011, 04:54 AM
supernaps! Yes! That's what I was thinking. They break down, become the monster.

Still. UGH

fire_of_avalon
11-28-2011, 03:54 AM
All season I've been trying really, really, really hard to see the good and the reason in Shane. I've tried to be understanding, I've tried to see his behavior as his way or surviving.

Tonight I've decided SCREW. THAT. Shane deserves to die. Shane deserves to die so hard and so bad and I hope he gets eaten from the toes up to the bellybutton by Walkers and then Carl or Lori or someone he likes blows his brains out.

Also POOR. CAROL. Jesus. So, so, so, so, so sad. But... very realistic I think. They can't all win at this point. They can't all get what they want out of the world. I'll be interested to see what happens to her character after this. Suicide maybe? Maybe. Or maybe she and Daryl develop something? Not necessarily romantical, but you know.

Also

Still sexy. Probably tied with Rick as my favorite character.

Also, is anyone watching the cowboy show that comes on after? I like that scruffy cowboy.

Freya
11-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Yah seriously Really shane?! REALLY?! How is killing all the people that your hosts love a smart move? I mean yeah, barn full of walkers but come on...... in front of them really?! Calm your tits Shane.

And Dale, come on man you need to be more tactful with this stuff. It's no wonder tit keeps getting messed up for you dude. Keep your fingers out the cookie jar. Seriously I'd have told that old man off by now. He means well but damn, the world is ending but could we at least try to keep the illusion of privacy?

I have not been watching hell on wheels. :(

sharkythesharkdogg
11-28-2011, 02:36 PM
That's a good mid-season ender. :jess: I was hoping they'd do that with Sophia, and I'm glad they did. It makes it more real. I mean she's a little kid lost in the woods. It sucks, but it makes sense. I just didn't expect the twist of her being in the barn. I thought that scene was getting set up for Shane to shoot Herschel's wife.

Also, SHAAAAANNNNNEEEE!!!! :argh:

Araciel
11-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Shane wins.. None of y'all have what it takes to make it in a zompocalypse.

Shame how he dies in the comic, but then he's not the same character in the comic either.

fire_of_avalon
11-28-2011, 06:51 PM
FUCKING MARK YOUR SPOILERS JAMES.

Araciel
11-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Ehhh sorry.. I'mma go back and re read my hardcovers (one a week) as soon as I get #1 back... That should give me seven weeks of Walking Dead to hold me over.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-28-2011, 10:41 PM
smurfING MARK YOUR SPOILERS JAMES.

Don't worry too much. They've departed from the comics a fair amount. Just because it happened doesn't mean the show will follow the same arc.

I WILL suggest this though.

Separate spoiler tags for the show and for the comic. There are some people watching the show who still haven't read the comics, and might not want those ruined. ;)

fire_of_avalon
11-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Ehhh sorry.. I'mma go back and re read my hardcovers (one a week) as soon as I get #1 back... That should give me seven weeks of Walking Dead to hold me over.
Send me them!

Rantz
11-29-2011, 12:30 AM
Shaaaaane :nonono:

Araciel
11-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Send me them!

If only shipping across the border were more reliable...

fire_of_avalon
02-13-2012, 12:44 AM
*bump* :D

Freya
02-13-2012, 12:53 AM
EEEE New one tonight! I am excited!

Jiro
02-13-2012, 12:54 AM
I saw part of an episode today and it looked interesting enough. I might have to start watching the first season to catch up.

fire_of_avalon
02-13-2012, 01:10 AM
FYI we're live chatting through the episide in #twd. Join ussssss.

Freya
02-13-2012, 02:30 AM
Damnit, I opted for playing pokemon while it was on instead of watching it live so I could skip through the commericals. I'll try to live chat it up another time.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-14-2012, 05:09 PM
A quick update.

FUCKING SHAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! :argh:

Daryl and Glenn are good people. That is all.

Freya
02-14-2012, 06:16 PM
I KNOW RIGHT?! Also I love darryl and Glenn. What was with those guys though?

fire_of_avalon
02-21-2012, 04:20 AM
Okay, so episode two of the second half of season two! We have love! We have despair! We have more screwdriver-type objects to the eyeball of a walker!

My dislike for Shane grows. Every episode that passes he tries to hard to wrest control from other people and then throws a hissy fit when they won't give it up. I know there's probably, eventually gonna be some attempt at redemption for him, but I won't ever forgive him. Because the last thing that the fringe survivors need is someone who thinks they can run the show all on their own and dictate how others will behave.

I want to know what Andrea's getting at with the manipulation of Shane. She seems to think he's all fearless leader, but some of their conversations kind of make me think she has some ulterior motive. I used to like her a lot. Now I'm feeling pretty ambivalent about her. She's too detached from everything.

Darryl just needs to quit being a brat. I love him, but he's being a brat.

Glenn and Maggie. I am so into that pairing because she's honest and passionate and they're really compatible as second in commands of their respective groups (and yeah, they so are) but I'm worried that he's going to confuse her emotional attachment with personal weaknesses in both of them. If they could become a strong couple they could go a long way in making both groups stronger.

Do you think Rick's people will leave the farm as a whole? Do you think they'll all be forced to leave? What about this guy they rescued in town? SO GOOD. IT IS SO GOOD.

Freya
02-21-2012, 07:43 AM
:argh: SHANNNEEEEEE!

That was my reaction again. Also people need to listen to Dale more. He is spot on with how shitty Shane is acting. And he's acting like a twat. Andrea puts out for him I don't know he's still stuck on what's-her-face-I-don't-car-about-Rick's-Wife-lady. She's not that hot or smart or even a good shot to be fawning over.

I do want Glenn and Maggie to be together so bad. But Glenn, what's your deal bro?

Also did you see the preview for next week. Oh god.

3NDBaqZOjrc

What happened with Andrea that Maggie was all "don't you dare come in this house :colbert:" It's getting juicy!

fire_of_avalon
02-27-2012, 02:52 AM
Please don't tell me Rick just did that. He has to go back for him. He can't become Shane.

Also, Andrea is right. It has to be Beth's choice. But that doesn't mean she has to give her the tools, or the time, to do it.

So upset. Rick has to go back for him because he's the better man.

EDIT: .... are you kidding me? That was... wow.

Freya
02-27-2012, 02:59 AM
Phew, he went back but ugh shhhaaane :argh:

I do not like andrea. At all. What's with this kid though. Why'd they put him back in the back? He knows where they live.

fire_of_avalon
02-27-2012, 03:12 AM
Did you see the very end of the episode? (Admittedly I posted a little early.) I'm not entirely sure, but I think that most of the Rick/Shane/Randall portion was all in Shane's head. That's why the last scene went back to him in the car, staring at the walker out the window.

Freya
02-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Oh.... I didn't even think of that but the next time scenes seem to kinda keep with what happened.

fire_of_avalon
02-27-2012, 03:32 AM
Yeah, I don't think I'm going to love next week's episode much at all. We're going to let Daryl beat a dude to within an inch of his life? This sounds productive.

I have a love/hate relationship with Andrea. I cannot believe what Lori said to her in the kitchen, that she needs to help the women out with all the house frau stuff Lori thinks is so important. Everyone in their group has their role when it comes to surviving and if Andrea believes she's better suited to 'manly' duties then so be it.

And Andrea has a great point about how Lori has lost the least of anyone in the entire group. Lori would do well to keep it in mind, I think. The boyfriend comment was a lowblow, though.

That being said what Beth went through is not what Andrea went through. There is a huge difference in a teenager full of teenage emotional volatility contemplating suicide and a grown woman doing the same thing. I do think Andrea was trying to give Beth a choice she never had (recall the last episode from season 1 where Dale basically calls her out and says "I have nothing to live for if you kill yourself so I'll die too,") and I get that. I actually think it's a really interesting parallel because with regards to suicide, both Andrea and Beth had the same reasoning and they both had opportunity and chose not to go through with it. With Andrea, I was angry that Dale would try to take that choice from her. With Beth, I was angry that Andrea would just leave her alone and say so little about it. Maybe that's a little hypocritical, but the difference for me stems in their ages. Self-harm always comes from a place of pain - but I think an adult is a bit better at determining whether the pain they're experiencing is transient or consistent.

Or maybe I just think it's okay for someone to die if they don't have any family left.

Freya
02-27-2012, 03:37 AM
It was a low move by Lori to do it in the first place. Lori pulled the claws out saying the female duties comment so the lowblow was understandable.

I'm watching that comicbook men show that comes on after and there was a scene from next weeks. It was daryl beating the kid up. I don't want that to happen. Daryl is like my fav character. I don't want him doing that. :(

sharkythesharkdogg
02-28-2012, 05:37 PM
I think the start of Shane's "redemption" will be timed with the start of Daryl's "downfall" but I don't plan on falling for that.

:colbert:

Araciel
03-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Shane is still the best character on the show. He proves it every week.

Freya
03-05-2012, 02:28 AM
Omg Carl is the stupidest kid. Don't go throw rocks a zombies by yourself! They can't keep track of that kid I swear.

fire_of_avalon
03-05-2012, 03:02 AM
And that is the last episode of The Walking Dead I ever watch.

Freya
03-05-2012, 03:17 AM
Lol cause of the ending?

fire_of_avalon
03-05-2012, 04:01 AM
How do you do that? How do you take the one character who is consistently able to demonstrate he has yet to lose his compassion, empathy and humanity and not just kill him, brutalize him like that. And besides that he's one of the best actors on the show. I am pissed. Piiiiiiissed.

Rantz
03-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Oh my god this episode seriously messed me up. This show keeps amazing and terrifying me with its brutal portrayals of human nature and moral struggles, and this episode really went above and beyond in that regard.

I agree foa but I think that during that meeting he finally managed to change Andrea. She'll still be her own character but I think a large part of her will also carry on Dale's "legacy", if you will. At least that's what I hope--a Walking Dead without someone pushing that hard to retain humanity and compassion would be far less interesting. Still won't make up for his being one of your favourite actors though I suppose. Personally I thought he was good but Carl is impressing me much more right now. That kid is on the verge of becoming messed up for life and his actor is doing such an amazing job at portraying that.

sharkythesharkdogg
03-05-2012, 02:11 PM
I do think Carl becoming a little Shane right underneath Rick and Lori's nose would be an interesting development.

FOA thinks Dale's death will work to bring the group back together, but I disagree. It won't affect Daryl or Shane. I think it will only serve to unify the rest of the group temporarily, because they feel like it should have a bigger meaning. Eventually their differences will cause them to splinter apart again. I used the example of how 9/11 "unified" America. :roll2

Araciel
03-05-2012, 05:17 PM
That was...earlier than expected.

sharkythesharkdogg
03-05-2012, 05:21 PM
That was...earlier than expected.

Well, they kept Shane around, so one of the main characters needed to go.

Rantz
03-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Yeah I was thinking at the start of the episode how it'd been a long time since they killed off anyone important.

Araciel
03-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Sharky, he's the best character by far in my estimation, so I'm glad for that.

fire_of_avalon
03-06-2012, 04:03 AM
James you are just the wrongest. You are the wrongest and I should pull your ears but I can't reach that high.

fire_of_avalon
03-12-2012, 03:08 AM
Son of a bitch. That was amazing and awful.

As much as I'd begun to hate Shane, I am going to miss Jon Bernthal so much. He is such a great actor. Please find more work.

Rantz
03-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Ffffffff this smurfing show!

Edit: Gotta add in one last Shaaaaaaaaaaaane!!!! :argh:

Pretty cute interview (http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/11/jon-bernthal-shane-walking-dead-shocker/) if you're interested. Spoilers (duh).

Freya
03-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Who am I going to SHAAANNNNEEEE!!! :argh: now? They changed so quick. Remember in season one it took andreas sister like a full night to turn after she was BIT. and omg how did that many zombies get that close to the farm? They were just out hunting them like that morning. And I really wanna stab fucking rick's wife lady. She was the reason that all went down. She had to go "talk" to shane and twist with him more. What a snatch.

Peegee
03-13-2012, 05:29 PM
People on the internet are arguing that the plague causes everybody to turn after they die - they used arguments like how Rick would shoot everybody in the head (like the two guys in the bar) and tied it to what Dr. Jenner whispered to Rick at the end of Season 1.

Then there was the argument that Shane infected himself either in the bus, or by getting stabbed by an infected knife (what? didn't Rick use his own knife?) and Randall was infected by the same knife.

I don't buy it because Randall was never cut by that knife (he had his neck broken) (or bit). So I'm waiting for the airborne virus / everybody turns into a zombie after they die Romero nonsense

sharkythesharkdogg
03-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Son of a bitch. That was amazing and awful.

As much as I'd begun to hate Shane, I am going to miss Jon Bernthal so much. He is such a great actor. Please find more work.

My sentiments also. Any one who's good enough to make me mostly forget he's acting, and really dislike the character he's portraying is a good actor in my book. A lot of it was solid writing, but it takes the actor to bring it to life.

Peegee
03-13-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm curious - how are you not being hynotised by the show? are you familiar with the actors because of their role in Lost or something?

I don't mind the acting - I mind the writing. *shrug*

I feel left out.

sharkythesharkdogg
03-15-2012, 06:05 PM
I've never seen a single episode of lost. :|

The show has it's plot holes like the fourjillion zombies randomly in the woods at the end of the last episode. I imagine we're supposed to believe it was one of the wandering hoards similar to what the group experienced on the highway earlier in the show., but I like the writing over all.

Freya
03-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Most their plot holes for me, involve animals xD. A horse would not get that close to a street full of zombie.s A deer, who has been chased by humans of late, would not let you get that close, and you would have a heard a cow getting nom nomed before you got to it. Those fuckers are loud.

Freya
03-19-2012, 03:35 AM
Omg that finale! *double post bumpness*

That is what a zombie apocalypse looks like! OMG that episode was amazing. I forgive them for all the bullshit blah of the rest of the season. Holy fuck tits man. The barn burning was great! And i was screaming at the tv "ANDREA NOOO DON'T LEAVE HER!" "WHAT ABOUT ANDREA?!"

Oh man and I knew that's what Jenner told him! I knew it! I called it :colbert: How can Laurie treat rick like that? What a snatch. She was the whole reason it got that bad. She needs to be punched. I don't even care that she's preggo. And rick all getting badass with his Ricktatorship.

Who the ef was that Hooded person?! Zombies as pets on chains? AND A SAMURAI SWORD?! Holy awesome!

And a prison? That was a prison wasn't it? Oh man this show. This fucking show.

Rantz
03-19-2012, 02:47 PM
I imagine that hooded person is who all the comic nerds are gushing about. Seems like it could be an interesting character. 8)

Oooh prison! That seems like it could be a good place to hole up in, provided they could get food and water somehow. Fortified like shit.

I got spoiled on the whole "everyone's infected" thing way ahead of time. Sad. :(

Awesome finale, definitely!

CimminyCricket
03-19-2012, 03:12 PM
MICHONNE MICHONNE MICHONNE

I'm so excited that they've finally (almost) introduced her! I am not familiar with the actress they have playing her, but she has the look and that is good enough for me. This was by far one of the best episodes of the season in my book. I kept wondering, OH NO ANDREA WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU!!, but it was okay, because Michonne was there to do her thang.

Freya
03-21-2012, 01:35 AM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/loristfu.gif

Peegee
03-23-2012, 11:57 PM
In zombie lore, wandering swarms of zombies have to be created by an event that "happens" to attract multiple zombies into the same area, since they cannot do things like plan or congregate. Usually loud music or noises.

[spoiler]in the show, iirc a helicopter attracted the swarm of zombies[/spoilers]

krissy
03-24-2012, 06:33 PM
MICHONNE MICHONNE MICHONNE

I'm so excited that they've finally (almost) introduced her! I am not familiar with the actress they have playing her, but she has the look and that is good enough for me. This was by far one of the best episodes of the season in my book. I kept wondering, OH NO ANDREA WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU!!, but it was okay, because Michonne was there to do her thang.

amen
i might actually start watching now that she's in

CimminyCricket
03-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Right? Michonne is the greatest character ever! Okay, maybe not ever, but she is definitely at the top of the list.

Freya
07-14-2012, 09:35 AM
COMIC-CON TRAILER.

OMG LOOK WHO IS AT THE END!

ShQz68Zkb3Y