PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Things

Shiny
10-16-2011, 08:03 PM
I got my dog from the groomer the other day and to my surprise I find my dog's paw nails PAINTED. I was like wtf. I asked her to wash and de-shed her and she comes back with glistening nails. Her reasoning was, "Well people didn't know she was a girl so..." :eep:

This is the second time she did something like that. Last time it was a huge pink bow in the center of her face because it kept dropping down.

So, what inane things have you done or seen people do to animals?

Pike
10-16-2011, 08:20 PM
I worked at a pet store for three years and was in charge of setting people up with animals, and the things people did with fish... oh my word.

Explaining in detail to every other person that you really should not put a goldfish or plecostomus in anything smaller than a 20-gallon tank (10, maybe, if you're willing to change the water every other day) got old very, very, very quickly.

Chris
10-16-2011, 08:28 PM
Not really a big issue, but I absolutely despise it when people talk "baby talk" to animals. It makes me cringe, and I always have to tell my dad off when he's abusing my C.C. Rider this way.

Shlup
10-16-2011, 10:54 PM
My friends buy the cutest little outfits for their Italian greyhounds. I love it. Last year they wore really cute Halloween costumes too.

NorthernChaosGod
10-16-2011, 10:59 PM
http://dc-cdn.virtacore.com/2011/07/smiley.jpg

/thread

Pike
10-16-2011, 11:07 PM
OMG I WANT A TIGER DOG

starlet
10-17-2011, 12:42 AM
I got my dog from the groomer the other day and to my surprise I find my dog's paw nails PAINTED. I was like wtf. I asked her to wash and de-shed her and she comes back with glistening nails. Her reasoning was, "Well people didn't know she was a girl so..." :eep:

This is the second time she did something like that. Last time it was a huge pink bow in the center of her face because it kept dropping down.

I wouldn't paint a clients nails without permission but as long as she got the job done then the problem is...? On a side note, I've given a poodle or 2 mohawks and one time I did a mohawk all the way down a Maltese's back and dyed it pink. It's harmless animal safe die so....it's all in good fun anyway. I haven't seen a dog yet that was ashamed from being dyed or having painted toenails. In fact they love it because they tend to get more attention.

NorthernChaosGod
10-17-2011, 01:06 AM

I wouldn't paint a clients nails without permission but as long as she got the job done then the problem is...? On a side note, I've given a poodle or 2 mohawks and one time I did a mohawk all the way down a Maltese's back and dyed it pink. It's harmless animal safe die so....it's all in good fun anyway. I haven't seen a dog yet that was ashamed from being dyed or having painted toenails. In fact they love it because they tend to get more attention.
Read entries 5 and 4.
6 Great Products For Making Your Pet Hate You | Cracked.com (http://www.cracked.com/article_19387_6-great-products-making-your-pet-hate-you.html)

EDIT: Here are some of the highlights.

Pet dyeing is difficult and dangerous as hell. Veterinarians tend to strongly advise against home dyeing, because CTFA approved, completely safe dyes are so rare that they aren't actually available in America.

Even if your pet manages to survive your attempt to turn them "Magic Purple," you might get them jumped at the dog park, since bright colors are essentially nature's prison tattoos. According to animal behavioral expert Clara Guest, it's very possible that vivid, unnatural coloring affects the way other animals react to them.

Jiro
10-17-2011, 02:21 AM
Yeah but if your dog was tiger coloured then you could make it fuck up the other animals

Araciel
10-17-2011, 06:08 PM
I farted and my house blew up. :kakapo:

CelShadedDreams
10-17-2011, 06:43 PM
http://dc-cdn.virtacore.com/2011/07/smiley.jpg

/thread

It's all about panda dogs:

NorthernChaosGod
10-17-2011, 07:46 PM
At least a panda dog looks somewhat natural.

sharkythesharkdogg
10-17-2011, 09:32 PM
They're not dyed, but I think Toygers are pretty cute.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcbkrdNfM11qba563o1_400.jpg

I have no idea what sort of genetic defects they suffer from, but they look cute.

choco-chocobo
10-17-2011, 09:44 PM
I used to work with horses at a stables a little while away from me. What the rich do to them is just sickening - washing and keeping them neat is one thing, but makeup and glitter is another.

Bubba
10-19-2011, 09:42 AM
I remember that we were pretty cruel to our first pet (I was only 4 so take no responsibility for this). He was a budgie called Mickey. I think my mum had forgotten to feed him for about two weeks or something and he snapped and went on a feathery rampage...

It chased me and my brother round the house until we were able to find sanctuary by barricading ourselves in the bathroom. My mum however, was not so fortunate... she was relentlessly attacked (deservedly so) in the kitchen and we refused point blank to allow her into our sanctuary for fear of a "budgie breach"...

It died a few weeks later and I've never let my mum forget about it.

Laddy
10-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Sweaters on corgis resemble tube tops.

CimminyCricket
10-21-2011, 08:38 AM
I love the Yoda costumes out there for small dogs <3

DMKA
10-21-2011, 05:16 PM
There are entire stores here that sell nothing but clothes for dogs. I find that truly bizarre. I find the fact that they do good business even more bizarre.

I had no idea people actually made and bought clothing for four legged animals before I moved here.