PDA

View Full Version : Stupid things you do instead of sleep.

KentaRawr!
10-25-2011, 03:15 AM
So, I wake up at 5:00 AM every morning, so I try to get to bed at 9:00. It's 10:14 and I'm repeating this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqdaKZW48KU&feature=related) over and over again. :kakapo:

What are things you do instead of sleep?

Agent Proto
10-25-2011, 03:23 AM
What do I do instead of sleep? I watch tv to spend my time. Lately I've been watching Phineas and Ferb, and that's actually pretty entertaining. Sometimes I do some random stuff online if there's anything to do online.

Clo
10-25-2011, 03:55 AM
Work. It's pretty stupid. I think sleeping may be better for me.

Pike
10-25-2011, 04:59 AM
Things I do when I'm trying to sleep, but can't?

Minecraft.
GBA games.
Complain on Twitter about how I can't sleep.
Toss and turn in bed and contemplate the finer things in life, like whether or not I can be bothered to go use the bathroom.

Things I consciously do instead of sleep?

Derp around on the internet.
Play vidya.

NorthernChaosGod
10-25-2011, 05:32 AM
I go to bed pretty regularly for because I'm a bitch in the morning if I don't sleep enough and class sucks when you're tired. I pretty much only stay up if I need to finish homework.

Mirage
10-25-2011, 06:19 AM
Read this forum. Post on this forum. Play FF11.

Shlup
10-25-2011, 06:56 AM
I go to bed when BJ goes to bed at 23:00, but I read until like 2:00. Last night, though, I posted here, browsed Reddit, and watched Grey's Anatomy, The Vampire Diaries, and Private Practice until almost 4:00. On my phone.

Chris
10-25-2011, 11:19 AM
I play LEGO Harry Potter and I listen to Stephen Fry read through the books, which is better than sleep, sex and food... and all of those combined.

Pike
10-25-2011, 02:13 PM
I go to bed pretty regularly for because I'm a bitch in the morning if I don't sleep enough and class sucks when you're tired. I pretty much only stay up if I need to finish homework.

I'm actually pretty similar. I head to bed at least a solid eight hours before my alarm goes off, every night.

Usually. :shifty: Sometimes I get caught up in a Civ game or something and it doesn't happen.

NorthernChaosGod
10-25-2011, 03:10 PM

I'm actually pretty similar. I head to bed at least a solid eight hours before my alarm goes off, every night.

Usually. :shifty: Sometimes I get caught up in a Civ game or something and it doesn't happen.
Haha, I try to be pretty strict about my bed time, but sometimes I get into derping around online before bed. xD

Peegee
10-25-2011, 05:38 PM
i talk to kalidesu until almost 2am then i just disappear without saying g'nite

sometimes i say g'nite but usually I just pass out in my drool.

Loony BoB
10-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Read this forum. Post on this forum. Play FF11.
Recently? This, but FFXIV instead of FFXI.

sharkythesharkdogg
10-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Lately I harass Kali and FOA and laugh at PG rant about how much we hate him.

Which is a lot.

Then I fall asleep around 11pm-1am.

Fuzakeru
10-27-2011, 08:08 AM
Internet.

It also doesn't matter what I'm doing originally that keeps me from going to bed either because what really does me in is watching ____stupid thing on Youtube which has OH-SO-MANY stupid related things to the original stupid thing I was just watching. It is an endless spiral of despair.

That or I'm playing NyanCat on my phone. Opps.

Mercen-X
10-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Stay up and look $# up on my MetroPCS. It's not an iPhone, so it's a real waste of time.

Sometimes, I simply lie in bed and think relentlessly.

which I used to call "episodes" because I thought they psychotic in nature but have recently learned are common to people like me who have epilepsy (or even migraines) and can be seen as a precursor so I pretty much have to tell people immediately after having one and am currently trying to figure out a way to inform people while I'm having them since during an "aura", I don't have full awareness or self-control and simply look as if I'm staring blankly for no apparent reason (which I do often as a thinker anyway)... although these are beyond my control.

Tigmafuzz
10-31-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm usually awake for two or three days at a time anyway, and I work and go to school online, so it's harder for me to consider staying up late as "stupid," but I guess sometimes when I should be sleeping I stay up an extra two or three hours beasting on StepMania.

Iceglow
11-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Stupid shit I do instead of sleep? Well tonight even though I'm actually not feeling too great (definitely getting a cold! Booo!) I decided at 04:33 hours that you know, my room would provide my laptop at least with better wi-fi signal if I rearranged the room right there and then. This is how my room ended up being torn apart and put (mostly) back together over the course of the next 2 hours in answer to the unasked question, did it improve my wi-fi signal? Well yes, yes it did however it also may have nerfed my 360's wi-fi signal. I may discreetely invest in a suitable network repeater if I can find one cheap enough.

CimminyCricket
11-04-2011, 06:36 PM
I try to fix things I break.

Araciel
11-04-2011, 08:21 PM
youtube/spoonyone/reading books

... all in bed! bam!

Miss_Lulu
11-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Tumblr. Alllll night. Because my boyfriend doesn't get off work until 11 at night, so I have to do something to pass the time.

CloudDragon
11-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Stare at this computer screen. Keeps you awake for hours on end. Reading always gets me to sleep. ALWAYS. Pretty common stuff: tv, the internet, video games...sex?

demondude
11-07-2011, 12:37 AM
The more tired I am the more I get into the music I'm listening to. I want to quit my job and just rock out for the rest of my life right now.

http://rattytime.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/weds3.gif

DESPITE ALL MY RAGE I AM STILL JUST A RAT IN A CAGE

Bubba
11-07-2011, 01:25 AM
I watch Nirvana live at the Paramount on BBC 4 which is pretty fucking awesome.

Having just come back from playing a gig to twelve people it has definitely improved my mood!

LunarWeaver
11-07-2011, 09:32 PM
tvtropes

Rantz
11-07-2011, 10:33 PM
I never do anything stupider than sheep.

NorthernChaosGod
11-07-2011, 10:54 PM
I did Steve's mom. I think that counts.

Pike
11-08-2011, 12:08 AM
The more tired I am the more I get into the music I'm listening to. I want to quit my job and just rock out for the rest of my life right now.

But that's a hamster D:

Pike
11-08-2011, 12:08 AM

That rat looks like it's half-hamster or something

Laddy
11-08-2011, 12:31 AM
I do sheep.

demondude
11-08-2011, 09:05 PM
It is a hamster. I was looking at pictures of hamsters and I found that, and so listened to that song. Why was I looking at pictures of hamsters? Well I like hamsters.

Zevinity
11-08-2011, 11:51 PM
What are some stupid things I do instead of sleeping? Well, browsing forums, of course.