PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke Round 2!: foa's boogaloo - VOTE NOW!

fire_of_avalon
10-25-2011, 03:32 AM
Okay, all contestants have their secret round two songs! They have until Thursday, 6p.m. to post them, and then I'll put up a poll!

It will be GLORIOUS.

Contestants, please don't reveal your song until you post the finished version of your recording, but feel free to tease us.

Okay guys! Barring a buncha weenies who didn't participate (<3) here are your round 2 submissions! Poll will be added shortly and you guys can vote on who was best!

Peegee - It's The End of the World As We Know It (http://kiwi6.com/file/uw6pslwjiu)

Kalilung - It's Tricky (http://vocaroo.com/?media=vk2BsY4cFEPxN9ZFH)[/URL]

Proto - [URL="http://vocaroo.com/?media=vWYV9RA3w8bQ4CiXf"]Got You Where I Want You (http://vocaroo.com/?media=vk2BsY4cFEPxN9ZFH)

Cim - Hungry Like the Wolf (http://thedisgaeafan.net/isinglikeaman.wma)

Laddy - Big Spender (http://vocaroo.com/?media=vKjwYtWEokrc8cpxx)

Wolf Kanno - If You want It To Be Good Girl (Get Yourself a Bad Boy) (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38564339/Karaoke 2.wav)

Loony BoB - Semi-Charmed Life (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37959347/failsong.mp3)

Dropping out this round were Jiro, due to technical difficulties, DK, due to family tiems, and Iceglow, because he is a crybaby.

A mega-huge sparkly thank you to sharkythesharkdogg for helping me out with the song selection for this round. You're awesome, sharks! If you hate or love your song it's entirely likely he picked it. If you were confused by your song, I probably picked it.

TECHNICAL smurfING DIFFICULTIES BRB

CimminyCricket
10-25-2011, 03:39 AM
>:\ My song is entitled, foa and I are mortal enemies bound for a fight to the death and I am going to kill her it.

Wolf Kanno
10-25-2011, 03:39 AM
I keep feeling like I should be shooting a video of myself stripping when I sing my song :eep:

fire_of_avalon
10-25-2011, 04:01 AM
I feel like I should encourage your artistic leanings, Wolfy.

Peegee
10-25-2011, 04:06 AM
hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate mushroom mushroom

fire_of_avalon
10-25-2011, 04:32 AM
>:\ My song is entitled, foa and I are mortal enemies bound for a fight to the death and I am going to kill her it.
K-k-k-kill it, Cim-mie
With your ability beams!

CimminyCricket
10-25-2011, 04:59 AM
*pew pew*

Kalilung
10-25-2011, 05:18 AM
foa, i love you forever. years of car rides with my brothers shall not be ill spent!

NorthernChaosGod
10-25-2011, 05:29 AM
I feel like everyone got good songs and I will enjoy this round very much. :bigsmile:

Kalilung
10-25-2011, 06:02 AM
I think you might, JuliRiv.

Peegee
10-25-2011, 06:24 AM
I feel like everyone got good songs and I will enjoy this round very much. :bigsmile:

i am going to the usa. and i am going to visit you and give you a wedgie. then i'm going to visit foaffles and walk behind her all day saying pg memes until she goes crazy

aahhhhhhhhhhh

NorthernChaosGod
10-25-2011, 03:11 PM
I think you might, JuliRiv.
:colbert:

MegaPow, is this your doing?

i am going to the usa. and i am going to visit you and give you a wedgie. then i'm going to visit foaffles and walk behind her all day saying pg memes until she goes crazy

aahhhhhhhhhhh
Then I will trap you under a barbell.

CimminyCricket
10-25-2011, 03:12 PM

aahhhhhhhhhhh

Worst songs ever am I right?

Peegee
10-25-2011, 03:59 PM

aahhhhhhhhhhh

Worst songs ever am I right?

it's not a bad song it's just a MEAN SONG TO GIVE ME

I thought we were friends ;'(

Psychotic
10-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Megan what song would you have picked for me?

Madonna
10-25-2011, 08:20 PM
This post is to fluff up this thread's contents and express my interest in future developments. Carry on.

Materia(l) Girl by Madonna, Psychotic.

fire_of_avalon
10-26-2011, 12:46 AM
Psychotic.... hmm. I will have to think on this.

Peegee
10-26-2011, 03:29 AM
done.

so.
much.
rage.
at.
this.
song.

NorthernChaosGod
10-26-2011, 05:47 AM
done.

so.
much.
rage.
at.
this.
song.
u mad?

Kalilung
10-26-2011, 07:06 AM
This is so great. :D

Loony BoB
10-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Crap, I forgot all about this. I'll have to try to remember tonight.

Wolf Kanno
10-27-2011, 05:44 AM
This is going to be a hell of a lot harder than I thought it would be...:eep:

Jiro
10-27-2011, 06:28 AM
I cannot even fucking load the song on youtube to know what it sounds like. This is fucking impossible guys.

Loony BoB
10-27-2011, 09:34 AM
I got mine sent in last night, I was still getting the hang of the lyrics so it's not perfect but better that than nothing at all! Actually, that's debateable. It's pretty bad. xD Let's just say that I should never be asked to sing a high note again.

Iceglow
10-27-2011, 10:46 AM
I haven't had a chance so far due to work and tonight is impossible since I am off to the House Of Marley headphone launch party where I will be jammin' out to some tracks with Julian Marley (not even kidding here, I love doing what I do at times) Therefore unless you'll accept my hung-over rendition of my song at some point tomorrow I will have to pass :(

Pheesh
10-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Now you have to do a duet of the song with Julian Marley or we tease you mercilessly.

fire_of_avalon
10-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Yes get whoever that is to sing your song with you.

Kalilung
10-27-2011, 09:33 PM
:D Done! And PGies still has no clue what it is.

Peegee
10-27-2011, 09:34 PM

HMS Pinafore.

Laddy
10-27-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm recording right now.

Kalilung
10-27-2011, 10:21 PM

HMS Pinafore.

WRONG! :D

Wolf Kanno
10-28-2011, 01:48 AM
Turned it in finally, can't say I did a great job on this one. While I am familiar with the artist, I was not so familiar with the song and its really different from some of the other songs they did. I'm hoping I hammed it up to make it at least entertaining.

fire_of_avalon
10-28-2011, 01:50 AM
Still waiting on a few late entries, one of which I am personally dying to hear. So we'll be uploaded and rocking onward sometime tomorrow morning, my time.

You late Louises better hurry up.

Iceglow
10-28-2011, 02:08 AM
OK, first This is Julian Marley (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLzHLMOW9uc&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL7EB52391E91241A4), yes he's the son of Reggae legend Bob Marley. And yes he looks so much like his dad it's scary! He's also fucking awesome, he is so down to earth and normal he actually apologized because he missed getting a photo with me in the store when I finally caught up with him at the House of Marley Headphone official launch party. I was blown away and I'm not exactly the biggest reggae fan.

As for getting him to sing with me, no could do was way too busy.

I will get a rendition done tomorrow when I'm feeling somewhat human again!

Peegee
10-28-2011, 02:27 AM
wtf it's 9:30p. I demand foaffles song and kalidesu and and and nda

CimminyCricket
10-28-2011, 06:03 AM
I submitted again!

I hope I win :3

fire_of_avalon
10-28-2011, 06:18 AM
Still waiting on DK and Jiro! C'mon fellers.

NorthernChaosGod
10-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Get on with you, you punks. :colbert:

Peegee
10-28-2011, 03:27 PM
C'mon. I didn't say anything for round one cuz it's fer fun but this *is* a competition with a prize. Are their songs so impossible that they needed more than an evening to record?

Agent Proto
10-28-2011, 03:34 PM
They should be dropped for passing the deadline without sending their songs to foa.

DK
10-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Sorry all, my dad Came down to visit randomly out of nowhere so I've barely been around. Might be able to do something tonight but other than that I'm pretty much hanging out with my dad so yeah. I will probably just do them and post them later on anyway even if I don't make the deadline for a laugh, but yeah. Qvality time with the old man is taking precedence at the moment.

fire_of_avalon
10-28-2011, 05:56 PM
No, they're just funny.

Who is running this competition? I thought I was? I'm still uploading things so they can stream because SOME OF YOU can't be arsed. And I have a personal life?

So kiss my ass, they'll be uploaded soon and then we can vote. :aimmad:

CimminyCricket
10-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Don't act like there is anything more interesting than this.

Peegee
10-28-2011, 06:50 PM
You can stream from mine. I dunno why you uploaded mine so that it required downloading.

anyway - if you save a mp3, upload it here - Free mp3 hosting, upload mp3 | upload file direct link - Kiwi6.com Mp3 Upload (http://kiwi6.com/)

if you are using vocaroo, whatever.

fire_of_avalon
10-28-2011, 06:55 PM
I WAS UNAWARE YOURS WAS STREAMABLE.

Peegee
10-28-2011, 07:23 PM
I WAS UNAWARE YOURS WAS STREAMABLE.

sigh~!

Iceglow
10-28-2011, 07:46 PM
I've been working on mine and got it recorded I'm just unable to upload. My laptop is having power supply issues. I've an order in for a new power adaptor in the hopes that it will work but then again it could be the internal power socket this time. :(

I also have an erection as I type this and think of foa being mad at me.

Peegee
10-28-2011, 08:07 PM
I've been working on mine and got it recorded I'm just unable to upload. My laptop is having power supply issues. I've an order in for a new power adaptor in the hopes that it will work but then again it could be the internal power socket this time. :(

I also have an erection as I type this and think of foa being mad at me.

tl;dr

Iceglow
10-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Nice post rape. Though honestly go on without me because I will not be up and running again before Monday earliest.

I do genuinely have this righteous errection of sky-scraper proportions going on thinking of Foa being all mad at me. :S

NorthernChaosGod
10-29-2011, 01:10 AM
Wtf is going on?

CimminyCricket
10-29-2011, 01:32 AM
Why is this taking so long?

Jiro
10-29-2011, 05:40 AM
I'm withdrawing because I have been unable to even load my smurfing song so I know what it sounds like. I could probably get it to work now but I'm sick and I've no real inclination to make an even bigger fool of myself. :p

CimminyCricket
10-29-2011, 08:30 AM
No! Post it! Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.

Agent Proto
10-29-2011, 08:31 AM
excuses, excuses. Shame on you, Dak. :colbert:

NorthernChaosGod
10-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Dak gave up on something?! So much for winning at everything.

fire_of_avalon
10-30-2011, 04:07 AM
Okay so everything is uploaded. HOWEVER. Something terrible happened.

The actual song Cris was supposed to sing was Rock Box by Run DMC. Because sharky said. I accidentally sent her the link to It's Tricky.

Because I'm a terrible person. So I'll relabel it and give sharky anything he wants for ruining everything.

Kalilung
10-30-2011, 04:19 AM
At least I knew It's Tricky. :D

Agent Proto
10-30-2011, 04:25 AM
I want to apologize to anyone who is bothered by the muffling of my mic.

Laddy
10-30-2011, 04:58 AM
Listen to the magic.

Peegee
10-30-2011, 05:24 AM

The actual song Cris was supposed to sing was Rock Box by Run DMC. Because sharky said. I accidentally sent her the link to It's Tricky.

Because I'm a terrible person. So I'll relabel it and give sharky anything he wants for ruining everything.

it's not too late! kalidesu post now!

Kalilung
10-30-2011, 06:05 AM
I refuse! I can't learn the song in three hours.

Rantz
10-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Ahahahah these are all gems. I want to vote for both Wolfie and BoB.

Loony BoB
10-30-2011, 11:16 AM
My vote went to Wolf, he got a good song for this sort of thing but he still put in the effort to make it quality.

I don't know if I'll be able to contribute to the next round. =/ I've caught some kind of virus and talking at volume is painful enough, let alone singing. Hopefully it goes as quick as it came.

Pheesh
10-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Anyone who doesn't vote for Kali is just wrong.

Wolf Kanno
10-30-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm jealous of BoB and Cim cause I actually know their songs really well, even PGs I knew better. I think the best part of Laddy's was his rant at foa in the beginning. :jess:

Iceglow
10-30-2011, 06:57 PM
The song Sharky set for me was "All by myself" by Eric Carmen. I managed to get it changed because I honestly cannot bear the song it's something I couldn't listen to past 10 seconds. Way too emo for my liking.

I was then told I had to sing either Bob Marley, no woman no cry (I'm white reggae is not good) or Natalie Imbruglia - Torn I have the file saved on my laptop for Torn but I can't access the song because my laptop is not working.

NorthernChaosGod
10-30-2011, 11:59 PM
I know what PG sounds like now. :O

Also, this was awesome. :squee:

Wolf Kanno
10-31-2011, 07:48 AM
I was imagining that this thread would have more mocking and laughing at the contestants expense...

Madonna
10-31-2011, 08:33 AM
It is cruel to mock anyone who bravely stood up and participated, but I shall assault my ears again and give you all rude criticisms if that is what you want.

NorthernChaosGod
10-31-2011, 03:09 PM
It is cruel to mock anyone who bravely stood up and participated, but I shall assault my ears again and give you all rude criticisms if that is what you want.
Haha, yeah. I wasn't going to make fun of anyone when I bitched out.

Peegee
10-31-2011, 07:31 PM
I was imagining that this thread would have more mocking and laughing at the contestants expense...

I'd like to see you learn and sing my song in 1.5 days.

ahaha jk. I'd much rather you sing Kalidesu's real song

sharkythesharkdogg
11-01-2011, 05:29 PM

I refuse! I can't learn the song in three hours.

but...but....I WANTED ROCK BOX!!!! :mad2:

....smurf :G

How long do I have to vote? I can listen to them tonight.

fire_of_avalon
11-01-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm sooooooooooooorrrryyyyyyyyy. ;_; I promise I'll do better.

Uh. I guess we have until Thursday night to vote. Sounds good to me.

demondude
11-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Kali: The sound quality on Kali's clip was only slightly worse than the actual performance, so well done I guess.

Proto: Quite frankly, I am horrified that somebody who can inflict so much pain and suffering onto one person by just singing is studying to be a doctor. Actually no, he'll be great for any health service because then they would only tend to deaf people. Everybody else would have committed suicide. Awful.

Cim: I had a certain amount of respect for Cim until this. What's heartbreaking is that he was definitely trying, but even the primitive sound quality couldn't disguise how bad his singing actually is. I felt no sympathy, just pity.

Laddy: This is the future, is it? Really? Let's hope legal euthanasia is in store as well. And permission to murder. It was very theatrical, but in a "Help for the mentally disabled theatre night: Sweet Charity" way.

WK: Just creepy. Really off-putting. With a voice like that your first album could be called "LP", and it would have two meanings. Firstly because it's the type of album, secondly because it would stand for your stage name - 'lecherous pedophile'.

BoB: Somebody is about to be dumped.

I admire your bravery but I feel depressed now. Today has been long enough.

Peegee
11-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Kali: The sound quality on Kali's clip was only slightly worse than the actual performance, so well done I guess.

Proto: Quite frankly, I am horrified that somebody who can inflict so much pain and suffering onto one person by just singing is studying to be a doctor. Actually no, he'll be great for any health service because then they would only tend to deaf people. Everybody else would have committed suicide. Awful.

Cim: I had a certain amount of respect for Cim until this. What's heartbreaking is that he was definitely trying, but even the primitive sound quality couldn't disguise how bad his singing actually is. I felt no sympathy, just pity.

Laddy: This is the future, is it? Really? Let's hope legal euthanasia is in store as well. And permission to murder. It was very theatrical, but in a "Help for the mentally disabled theatre night: Sweet Charity" way.

WK: Just creepy. Really off-putting. With a voice like that your first album could be called "LP", and it would have two meanings. Firstly because it's the type of album, partly because it would stand for your stage name - 'lecherous pedophile'.

BoB: Somebody is about to be dumped.

I admire your bravery but I feel depressed now. Today has been long enough.

By process of elimination you think I am the best thing since digital photography.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Or you were so terrible DD blocked the memory of your singing away in the dark recesses of his mind.

Just like the time that birthday party clown trapped him in the bathroom and taught him about about his boy parts.

EDIT: It should also be noted that I'm quite proud of the fact that my picks enraged PG to the point that he wants to stab me and threatened me IN SONG, and just plain made IceGlow quit.

And I gave Iceglow options.

fire_of_avalon
11-02-2011, 02:51 AM
Okay. So. In order to make up for my mistake in assigning Cris "It's Tricky" instead of the original song sharky picked for her, I had to perform the song and post it in thread.

So, I give you, the whitest version of Run DMC's Rock Box (http://vocaroo.com/?media=vWlZiQxdtC76dIGDu)

NorthernChaosGod
11-02-2011, 03:48 AM
You're so cute when you giggle, foa.

Peegee
11-02-2011, 04:48 AM
all is forgiven. except sharky shark :aimmad:

sharkythesharkdogg
11-02-2011, 02:19 PM
<3

:squeeze:

Laddy
11-03-2011, 12:15 AM
DD, you cannot fathom the sheer amount of talent it requires to be a theater fag. I deserve better, you uncultured swine. :colbert:

fire_of_avalon
11-03-2011, 12:47 AM
Laddy is who 17 year-old Megan wanted to be.

Also motherfuckers need to voooooote.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Two facts.

I have a phobia of public singing. I sound like a more nasally Bob Dylan.

I noticed that now I've forced Megan to sing a song in recompense for her terrible mistake, I'm the only person either helping run or participating in the contest that didn't sing.

So in the interest of overcoming phobias, making myself do what I helped make everyone else do, and to get more people into this thread to vote, here you go. I went for it, so now you know what I sound like every time I'm in the shower. :p

Be warned.

Sharky butchers '59 Sound by The Gaslight Anthem (http://vocaroo.com/?media=v2xQFnATR6SMsSlbo)

Don't look at me like that, I warned you!!!

NorthernChaosGod
11-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Ow, my ears! :onoes:

fire_of_avalon
11-04-2011, 01:02 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of you.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Ow, my ears! :onoes:

:x_x:

NorthernChaosGod
11-04-2011, 05:44 AM
I feel kind of left out now.

Pheesh
11-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I feel kind of left out now.

I'll go if you go ;D

sharkythesharkdogg
11-04-2011, 01:14 PM
You know you can't sound worse than the rest of us. Go for it.

Pheesh
11-04-2011, 01:51 PM
I have one ready to go, all Julian has to do is sing something... something raunchy would be preferable. Maybe some Marvin Gaye?

sharkythesharkdogg
11-04-2011, 02:34 PM
I have one ready to go, all Julian has to do is sing something... something raunchy would be preferable. Maybe some Marvin Gaye?

According to Justy, NCG has Gaye totally covered.

Peegee
11-04-2011, 02:54 PM

according to my sauces, sarah is a true brosephina. so there :colbert:

NorthernChaosGod
11-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Well I'm down to submit something, I'll looking into some Marvin though. :p

according to my sauces, sarah is a true brosephina. so there :colbert:
Thanks, broseph! :monster:

Peegee
11-04-2011, 04:29 PM
btw julie - singing a song you are good at is not the point of this. If that were the case I would sing 'love me tender' by Elvis and kick y'all asses.

Go sing some busta rhymes.

edit - btw since I refuse to acknowledge good music post early 1990s, you will sing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Put_Your_Hands_Where_My_Eyes_Could_See

sharkythesharkdogg
11-04-2011, 05:54 PM
btw julie - singing a song you are good at is not the point of this. If that were the case I would sing 'love me tender' by Elvis and kick y'all asses.

Now now, that's the rules for the second stage in the competition. Everyone got to pick their first song.

Sing what you want.

CimminyCricket
11-04-2011, 06:49 PM
In response to DD's post about how bad I sing: I listened to it again and damn was he right! I totally thought some of it was good while I was singing it, but there was not a real note in that entire song. xD

NorthernChaosGod
11-04-2011, 07:19 PM

Go sing some busta rhymes.

edit - btw since I refuse to acknowledge good music post early 1990s, you will sing Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Put_Your_Hands_Where_My_Eyes_Could_See)
That's rapping, not singing. What's wrong with you? :colbert:

And I will sing what I want, ho.

fire_of_avalon
11-04-2011, 08:42 PM
NCG and Noodles will not be eligible for competition but can sing what they like.

Peegee
11-04-2011, 09:29 PM
*whines*

NorthernChaosGod
11-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks, foa! <3

NorthernChaosGod
11-06-2011, 01:33 AM
I was feeling a little royal and decided to butcher this song. :monster:

Vocaroo | Record and send voice emails (http://vocaroo.com/?media=vjUAH5Xno5FNkwolZ)

EDIT: I've been informed there may be feedback, listen softly or some shit.

Wolf Kanno
11-06-2011, 05:20 AM
I got bored so I made this

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38564339/Bein%20Green.wav

Hopefully we can move onto Round 3 soon.

fire_of_avalon
11-06-2011, 04:44 PM
If we can break this goddamn five way tie we can.

Loony BoB
11-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Do we need to have a single person be third?

NorthernChaosGod
11-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Just make them do a new song for the tiebreaker then.

Peegee
11-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Just make them do a new song for the tiebreaker then.

Oh god not another week of twiddling my thumb.

Loony BoB
11-06-2011, 09:27 PM
If it's for kicking someone out of the comp, I'll not continue for next round as I'm still constantly coughing after a bout of flu.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-06-2011, 09:41 PM
If it's for kicking someone out of the comp, I'll not continue for next round as I'm still constantly coughing after a bout of flu.

No, no, no, no. That means you have to be in the next round.

Loony BoB
11-06-2011, 09:48 PM
It's really something I don't want to encourage. It's not what I would call an enjoyable experience!

NorthernChaosGod
11-06-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm with sharky.

Jiro
11-07-2011, 12:07 AM
I could have voted for basically anybody to break the tie and have this continue. Instead, I vote for the leader. Goddammit xD

Peegee
11-07-2011, 01:15 AM
ahhh this will never end!

Laddy
11-07-2011, 02:34 AM
Vote for me and I will sure to entertain you.

Pike
11-07-2011, 05:55 PM
I voted. Do I get a sticker?

sharkythesharkdogg
11-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Thanks! I owe you one!

Peegee
11-07-2011, 06:25 PM
lol somebody voted for BoB. Such sadism.

fire_of_avalon
11-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Alright, I'm calling it. Next assignments will go out tonight.

Peegee
11-07-2011, 07:57 PM
more more vote! make this end!

edit yaaaaaaay

NorthernChaosGod
11-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Make up your mind, EoFF. :p

Pheesh
11-08-2011, 03:25 AM
Eep, I forgot to post this after Jules. Stupid song choice....I ran out of breath quite a few times >_>

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40529396/blah.wma

NorthernChaosGod
11-08-2011, 03:54 AM
I love it.