PDA

View Full Version : Misinterpertations

Madonna
10-27-2011, 03:29 AM
Every now and then, we play Hey Share Where Our Usernames Came From. We will not be playing that game; it is overdone, dead, and well-beaten. This shall be a little more inventive and require a tad bit more effort.

Tonight's game shall be:
Make Up Where Their Names Came From

As you clearly surmise, in this thread we shall take a stab at making up ludicrous origin stories regarding people's usernames. Flagrant lies and outright deception are strongly encouraged, so let liberation guide your keystrokes as you regale us with whoppers and tall tales. The best yard-spinner shall receive a prize, an illustration done by me*.

To start the ball:

Freya - Aptly named after her idol, Freya Hoffmeister (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Freya_Hoffmeister). Our Freya epitomizes a fiery passion that only strong women like her role model Freya can bring to bear, and this local emulation is a booming resonance of what diligence, drive, and domination can afford a modern woman.
Araciel - His name means "Macaw Sky". Macaws are his favorite animals.
Rodarian - When we break up the name Rodarian, we get rodar and ian. Rodar is Spanish for "to roll/spin/film" and "ian" is not the name Ian, but the suffix saying our dear Rod belongs to the former part of his name. As such, we know he is involved with the film industry and his name reflects that.
Mirage - Unlike you would expect, Mirage's name is not how he is an illusion, but rather one of his philosophical beliefs that we are imaginary. Dreams within dreams, and ever are we under threat of waking up.
krissy - Obviously a homosexual, named after his sister.
Mogi - As an avid Final Fantasy and Apple products fan, he originally wanted to be iMog. Jessweeee♪ intervened and made a less ridiculous decision.
Loony BoB - An escapee from Lake Alice Hospital, he decided to give in to his unrelenting girlfriend smittenkitten and name himself what she treated him as: a Battery-operated Boyfriend.
Christmas - An unfortunate scramble of Tscshrmia, which we all know is her Russian stripper name.

Anyone playing the wrong game will be banned; I have it on good authority*.

*patently untrue

rubah
10-27-2011, 06:27 AM
a "fire of avalon" is feminist speak for really raunchy farts that women won't admit to.

Jiro
10-27-2011, 07:23 AM
Pike - Little do you know, Pike is actually already a robot. She was an early prototype battle droid nicknamed "Pike" after the pole weapon. This is because she has long reach and is very sharp.

Rantz
10-27-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm my own MILF - "MILF" was a username decided on early, standing for "Machiavellian Intelligence/Laissez Faire", which wouldn't fit in the username field. A forum in-joke led to the phrase "I'm my own MILF!" often being used after a lengthy declaration of one's political views, and he adopted that as his name. "MILF" later became popularised as meaning something entirely different.

Pike
10-27-2011, 02:56 PM
NorthernChaosGod - This name is based on an old legend that dates back to the American Civil War, wherein rumors began flying about that the North had somehow summoned a powerful Godlike being that was going to wreak chaos across Dixieland. No one knows exactly where the rumor came from, although it is occasionally attributed to a mischievous Abraham Lincoln. NCG, an amateur historian and Civil War re-enactor, took on the name for himself.

Dignified Pauper
10-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Pike - traditionally known as a long pole with a metal spearhead on the end used to impale victimes, however, in this case, it's a penis.

Jiro
10-29-2011, 06:05 AM
Rantz Rantz Revolution - An accidental typo caused by the fact that the Mr Rantz Rantz Revolution speaks a foreign language where the letters R and P are sometimes interchangeable. Now Pantz Pantz Revolution, on the other hand, was a comment on the fact that his dynamic hip gyration created the illusion that his pants were rotating. The rest is history, contained in little black books of women everywhere.

Mercen-X
10-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Jiro originally tried the username "Points and Insults You", but people didn't get the joke. He then tried "I Am Your Roaster Oven" and people were even more confused. "Jeer-Oh!" popped into his head while he was experimenting with narcotics but then, once he'd sobered, he realized "Jiro" was actually a name and just stuck with it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY