PDA

View Full Version : Ponython Planning Thread!

Pike
10-31-2011, 03:49 PM
There seems to be some interest in a pony marathon where we all sit in a #pony room in EoFF chat and watch ponies. This thread shall be where we discuss this idea!

http://www.theandroidscloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/1318474125898.gif

Things to discuss:

Do we want to watch a complete pony marathon over the course of a day or two, and people come and go as they can, or do we want to split it up over several days?
When would be a good date for this?

In the meantime I've already started a #pony room. :kakapo:

NeoCracker
10-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Note, season one is 26 episodes. If we split it into 5 viewings, they will be 2.5 hours at a time. I'm not sure most Bronies are up to that.

I marathoned half the first season in one sitting though, so I'm down with just about anything. :p

Edit: Well, two hours without adverts.

sharkythesharkdogg
10-31-2011, 05:53 PM
Seems like one night a week to view one or two episodes would work to try to include everyone all at once. Which with the time zone differences will never work.

So I think the 24/7 marathon with people coming and going is probably the best bet to get some participation from everyone interested.

NeoCracker
10-31-2011, 06:38 PM
I'd say at least 3 episodes, so about an hour or so of MLP if we assume 20min an episode without ads.

Rabbits on the Run
10-31-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm down for anything. Marathon or a few episodes. The marathon would probably be the easiest to plan, while the episodes would be a bit harder.

As long as it's not tomorrow. :jess:

Shlup
10-31-2011, 09:24 PM
I don't think some of you know what the word "marathon" means.

Rabbits on the Run
10-31-2011, 09:26 PM
I don't think some of you know what the word "marathon" means.

It means nonstop pony watching. We'd be saying more ponies than at the rodeo.

MJN SEIFER
11-01-2011, 01:13 AM
How exactly would we go about doing this? Would the videos be on YouTube or is it on TV? Not everything is in the same time zone here, and in the UK it's been moved to the retarded time of 10:30, thank you Boomerang! :mad2:

Also, is this being done in EoFF chat, because I've never used chat before, is it hard to do, because I'd really like to be a part of this. I love Friendship is Magic.

Pike
11-01-2011, 01:42 AM
How exactly would we go about doing this? Would the videos be on YouTube or is it on TV? Not everything is in the same time zone here, and in the UK it's been moved to the retarded time of 10:30, thank you Boomerang! :mad2:

Also, is this being done in EoFF chat, because I've never used chat before, is it hard to do, because I'd really like to be a part of this. I love Friendship is Magic.

Probably someone would set up a nonstop Youtube stream. And yes, it would be in EoFF chat.

Laddy
11-01-2011, 02:45 AM
I'm down.

MJN SEIFER
11-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Probably someone would set up a nonstop Youtube stream. And yes, it would be in EoFF chat. Got it, I will see if I can use EoFF chat. Can someone please PM when we're gonna start please? I really don't want to miss this. :)

DMKA
11-02-2011, 12:18 AM
I don't even...

Yar
11-02-2011, 05:35 AM
I have to ask (and I'm being sincere, not a troll) why do you all like this show so much?

I don't have TV, so I really don't know what people find so amazing about this show.

Rabbits on the Run
11-02-2011, 05:57 AM
I have to ask (and I'm being sincere, not a troll) why do you all like this show so much?

I don't have TV, so I really don't know what people find so amazing about this show.

I find it entertaining and charming.

I was really adverse to it before I watched it, and then I did, and I was really surprised.

Pike
11-02-2011, 07:56 PM

Everyone has a different reason. For me, I became attached to the characters, which are surprisingly well-fleshed out for a kids' show. Once I was attached to the characters, I wanted to keep watching.

Anyways, regarding this "marathon", I sort of think that due to time/schedule differences and such the best thing to do would be to just queue up a bunch of episodes in that YouTube streaming site (can't remember what it's called at the moment), hit play, and then just let people come and go as they please. Unless someone can think up a better idea...

NeoCracker
11-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Good enough I guess. Should we do it this weekend?

Pike
11-02-2011, 08:51 PM
If this weekend works for everybody I can see about setting it up. I won't be there much of the time, though; I work weekends.

NeoCracker
11-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm good thursday and Friday as well. :p

MJN SEIFER
11-03-2011, 03:23 PM
If this weekend works for everybody I can see about setting it up. I won't be there much of the time, though; I work weekends.

I really hope I can get in on it, let me know when it starts unless it's easy to find out for yourself. Also is it easy to get on EoFF chat because I've never done it before.

Pike
11-03-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm still hoping to get some more feedback from people before I set this up for sure.

NeoCracker
11-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Also, how do we go about setting up a stream of this?

Pike
11-03-2011, 08:07 PM
There's a website where you can set up YouTube streams. They even come with built in chat channels. I wish I could remember what it was called...

MJN SEIFER
11-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Does anyone know what it's called?

Pike
11-05-2011, 05:32 PM
No worries, I can probably google it and find it easily when I get around to it.

GhandiOwnsYou
11-06-2011, 01:02 AM
I'm so game. I finally justified watching the first couple episodes about two weeks ago. In the last two weeks i've watched the first season at least three times, and converted half my platoon into bronies. Somebody hit me with a PM if this gets cranking.

Pike
11-09-2011, 04:31 AM
OKAY GUYS

Does this Friday, 11/11/11, work for everyone? You have two days to YAY or NEIGH. Unless the NEIGHs overwhelmingly outnumber the YAYs then I'll set up a Livestream.com/Ustream.tv channel fairly early in the day (by North American standards) and people can just come and go in the stream and #pony chat as they please.

NeoCracker
11-09-2011, 06:02 AM
I propose we get E-yup's instead of Yay's in Honor of Big Macintosh.

E-yup. /Yay.

Agent Proto
11-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Eeyup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0QHw7iy1Rg&feature=related)

MJN SEIFER
11-09-2011, 02:32 PM
I just found out I can post on chat, so it's a Eeyup for me :)

EDIT: I'm in the UK, so does any one know how much the time differences? i.e. what time (UK time stadards) should be up for?

Pike
11-09-2011, 03:19 PM

EDIT: I'm in the UK, so does any one know how much the time differences? i.e. what time (UK time stadards) should be up for?

It would be the afternoon for you, about 3pm or so, probably.

MJN SEIFER
11-09-2011, 03:58 PM

EDIT: I'm in the UK, so does any one know how much the time differences? i.e. what time (UK time stadards) should be up for? It would be the afternoon for you, about 3pm or so, probably.Perfect, thanks :)

demondude
11-09-2011, 06:00 PM
What the buggery.

MJN SEIFER
11-09-2011, 08:07 PM
I scewed up the quotes sorry.

demondude
11-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Not that, just this. This monstrosity.

MJN SEIFER
11-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Then, don't take part in it. :)

demondude
11-09-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm not. When has that ever stopped anybody butting in with their silly opinions?

MJN SEIFER
11-09-2011, 08:50 PM
To be honest, I probably sounded a bit rude in my last post, so I appologise. I Just really like this show, that's all.

Agent Proto
11-09-2011, 08:54 PM
There's nothing wrong with not liking the current generation of My Little Pony if you think of it as "girly," or whatever reason. It's only a matter of time when or if you join the herd. I resisted for the entire first season, but I managed to watch the whole season before the start of the current season, and it stuck to me.

Jessweeee♪
11-09-2011, 08:55 PM
If you're starting from episode one I might participate. I'm curious to see what all the hubbub is about. I caught an episode of the Powerpuff Girls and it reminded me that this show is a thing for some reason.

Agent Proto
11-09-2011, 09:05 PM
If you liked the Powerpuff Girls, I'm pretty sure you're going to enjoy My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The creator, Lauren Faust, worked on Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. I do think we should start this ponython from the beginning. Watching the first two episodes is a good way to get yourself familiar with the show immediately.

MJN SEIFER
11-10-2011, 12:03 AM
If you liked the Powerpuff Girls, I'm pretty sure you're going to enjoy My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The creator, Lauren Faust, worked on Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. I do think we should start this ponython from the beginning. Watching the first two episodes is a good way to get yourself familiar with the show immediately. It's funny really. I kind of got board fast with PowerPuff Girls, and Fosters was just something to watch casually for me, when nothing was on. I don't see any simularities with FiM and those two shows, but that's just me. I guess.

Yeah, I agree that we should have the first two episodes on first, that should be cool :)

GhandiOwnsYou
11-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Eeyup. I'm down. I've even got the day off from work.

Off note, does it make me less of a man, that friday will be the first clear weather day off work i've had since getting a motorcycle and license, and I'm planning on watching ponies all day instead of riding?

Second thought, don't care. Applejack is best pony.

Pike
11-10-2011, 05:41 AM
I want to queue up all the episodes in order starting with the first.

Hopefully I can figure this all out. xD

MJN SEIFER
11-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Just checking, you don't need to be a member of any of those sites to watch the videos do you?

Pike
11-10-2011, 09:48 PM
I've been messing with different streaming websites and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this; I can't find any website that does what I want. Best idea I've got at the moment is that we just watch them all in a row on YouTube, which obviously makes it difficult for people to jump in during the middle of an episode. Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind; I think I found a good website for this. I'll report back later with details.

MJN SEIFER
11-10-2011, 10:34 PM
I've been messing with different streaming websites and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this; I can't find any website that does what I want. Best idea I've got at the moment is that we just watch them all in a row on YouTube, which obviously makes it difficult for people to jump in during the middle of an episode. Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind; I think I found a good website for this. I'll report back later with details.

Sorry to be a Burton, but please check if you need to register with the site before you can watch the videos, and say before the event if possible, so we know in advance that we have to register if we do.

Pike
11-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Official EoFF My Little Ponython Details

WHAT: All 31 current episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

WHY: Because any sufficiently advanced friendship is indistinguishable from magic.

WHEN: 15:00 GMT. This equals 7:00am Pacific Standard Time and 10:00am Eastern Standard Time. I apologize if this is inconvenient for anyone, but we have people around the globe who want to participate so I have to pick an arbitrary time. North Americans will be pony'ing in the morning/afternoon, and Europeans in the afternoon/evening. Aussies-- uh, you'll have to pull an all-nighter. :p

WHERE: This SynchTube Room (http://www.synchtube.com/r/pikestaff) - I have all the episodes queued up and ready to go. Theoretically they will start playing when I hit "Go" and then they'll just keep playing continuously so everyone can stay in synch regardless of people coming and going. But I've never done this before, so... we'll see! Note: You do NOT have to register for anything in order to watch.

WHO: YOU! Anyone who wants to participate can! There is a chatroom built into SynchTube but I think it would be more fun to show up in our EoFF IRC. I have made a #pony room specifically for this purpose. If you want to chat and haven't before, go here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/chat_irc.php) and then type: /join #pony

NeoCracker
11-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Well, rather then try it based on 'theoreticly' how about you do a test run with a video? I'll be here all day to make sure it will work fine. :p

Edit: Are you watching it now? It started off for me, right now, I ways into episode one. :p

Edit 2: It's letting me pause and play the video as normal...

Pike
11-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I'm currently trying to figure out if there's a way to make it so that only I can control the video, so I'm sort of messing with it a bit. I've had Hux test it and if he enters the room if I'm partway into watching an episode, it starts for him where I am, so that works.

NeoCracker
11-10-2011, 10:47 PM
If anything, I think we can trust people to not just start fucking with it. :p

MJN SEIFER
11-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Excelent, I'll be there :)

Jessweeee♪
11-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Looks like I'm out! I have a Veteran's Day thing to do tomorrow at that time.

MJN SEIFER
11-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Looks like I'm out! I have a Veteran's Day thing to do tomorrow at that time.
I'm sorry to hear that :(

Pike
11-11-2011, 12:20 AM
I'm sorry to hear that :( But on the plus side, now that I've figured out this SynchTube thing, it'll be really easy to do this again in the future. Heck, I think can even configure it so it all just auto-plays 24/7.

MJN SEIFER
11-11-2011, 01:45 AM
Sounds good :)

Agent Proto
11-11-2011, 02:41 AM
A suggestion if I may? How about add a couple PMVs in between episodes during the ponython?

Pike
11-11-2011, 04:15 AM
Suggest your favorites in this thread tonight and I might sneak a few in there :D

GhandiOwnsYou
11-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Excellent event Pike. Til next time my friend.

MJN SEIFER
11-12-2011, 02:36 AM
Awesome event, Pike. A complete success. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for everything. :beer:

Pike
11-12-2011, 02:42 AM
Thanks to everyone who showed up! It was a lot of fun :jess:

MJN SEIFER
11-12-2011, 03:22 AM
It sure was :)

Jiro
11-13-2011, 05:39 AM
While I couldn't attend, I think it was a grand idea. Pike, you should do things like this all the time.

EDIT: And tell me so I can put an announcement up and everyone can join in :p

Pike
11-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Now that I know what I'm doing, it wouldn't be terribly difficult for me to set this up again in the future, this time with bonus PMVs and the like.