PDA

View Full Version : Client types

Pumpkin
11-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Going into sales, I learned over the past few weeks how to identify different types of clients out of four basics, which is important because different clients must be dealt with in different ways.
Anyways, I thought it might be good practice to try and identify the types of clients that people on this site are. It works out well, since I don't know many people that much and we are supposed to learn to identify what type a person is within the first 5 minutes, based soley on their wrok space (office, desk).
So if you are interested, just post what your work space looks like based on the following and I will try to guess.

Its helping with my school.

Things I need to know:
Lighting
Pictures (if any)
What is on your desk
And if you have any plants, and what kind.

These are the four types:

RED: DOMINANT
-Agressive
-Goal oriented
-Direct
-Indipendent
-Ambitious
-Selective hearing

How to deal with:
-Brief
-Unemotional
-To the point
-Blunt
-Organized
-Let them make decisions
-Show how (product/service) benifits them
-Show facts

YELLOW: IMPULSIVE
-Takes risks
-Competitive
-Spontanious
-Short attention span
-Social
-Extroverted

How to deal with:
-Be social
-Ask their point of view
-Give opinions
-Be enthusiastic
-Be quick
-Fill out forms for them

GREEN: SYMPATHETIC
-Good listeners
-Neutral
-Introverted
-Loyal
-Patient
-Dependable

How to deal with:
-Don't rush
-Be sympathetic
-Listen
-Be blunt
-Be calm

BLUE: ANALYTICAL
-Precise
-Calm
-Reserved
-Meticulous
-Cautious

How to deal with:
-Have facts and statistics
-Be organized
-Punctual
-Don't surprise
-Give everything in writing
-Give them time to think

Tigmafuzz
11-02-2011, 01:42 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d111/monkey_monkey_monkey_monkey_monkey/1320141878241.jpg

Pumpkin
11-02-2011, 01:44 AM
I am going to say Red.

Tigmafuzz
11-02-2011, 02:10 AM
Really? I'm bluish green. :cry:

EDIT: I try really hard not to be aggressive...

NorthernChaosGod
11-02-2011, 02:10 AM
http://i40.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/j73ypy.jpg

Pumpkin
11-02-2011, 02:12 AM
There is definately blue in there, but no signs from your desk of being green. agressive isnt mean agreesive its more leadership agressive

It takes practice, though. Which is the whole point.

NCG, I would say yellow, but this one is really racking my brain.

NorthernChaosGod
11-02-2011, 02:15 AM
I'm okay with this.

Tigmafuzz
11-02-2011, 02:19 AM
I would have to agree with the yellow. Although I'm not entirely sure why.

fire_of_avalon
11-02-2011, 03:07 AM
Well I can't take any pictures of my work office because... I'm not at work. But I will describe it to you!

The lighting is all standard overhead florescent. My office is pretty small and the desk is in the very center of the room. When you open the door, you're basically standing to the left side of my desk. In front of my desk are two chairs. Sometimes there's a lot of other junk piled up there too, but it's clean now because I cleaned today.

On the wall my desk faces are three small photos and a clock. The clock is small and red with a white face. It's 10 minutes fast and hangs on the left side of the wall. In diagonal ascension to the right of the clock, the photos are standard motivational claptrap. I didn't pick them out, they came with the office, but I arranged them on that wall.

The long wall in my office that is directly opposite my door has a bulletin board on it. Some things on the bulletin board are there for personal decoration, like my UNC placard and my calendar featuring the 2009 World Beard and Mustache Championship finalists and champion. Some things on the bulletin board are work related to-do lists and things.

On the wall opposite the clock and pictures, the wall I have my back to, are two filing cabinets and a storage closet. On top of the filing cabinets are my notebooks for my record keeping and an empty fishbowl with rocks and a fake plant in it. The fish died about a month ago. It was sad. He was my buddy.

On my desk is a tray overflowing with things I need to take care of ASAP. Things are kind of getting away from me. Also on my desk is my computer. It sits in the corner of my desk next to the long wall. Next to the computer is my phone. On my computer are two origami things someone at work made and left in front of my door. Also on my desk is a glass paperweight with a glow in the dark jellyfish inside. I got it from the Georgia Aquarium.

Also on my desk are lots of random notes and Post-Its. My office is really messy right now and I hate it soooo much.

EDIT: Almost forgot. On top of the storage closet is a photo frame with 8 photos of Seattle and Tacoma Washington that my former boss took. She lived there for a long time and had the photos in her office. When she retired she gave them to me as a keepsake.

Shlup
11-02-2011, 03:10 AM
Go for it.

NorthernChaosGod
11-02-2011, 03:47 AM
Lol. I love the Longcat/Tacgnol desktop.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-02-2011, 02:01 PM
A tour of the front area.

My desk.

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz318/sharkythesharkdogg/PB020207.jpg

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz318/sharkythesharkdogg/PB020208.jpg

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz318/sharkythesharkdogg/PB020209.jpg

The rest of it.

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz318/sharkythesharkdogg/PB020210.jpg

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz318/sharkythesharkdogg/PB020211.jpg

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz318/sharkythesharkdogg/PB020212.jpg

Analyze away.

NorthernChaosGod
11-02-2011, 03:10 PM
From your desk, I can see you like cars.

demondude
11-02-2011, 03:14 PM
I laughed a bit at your calendar with the cars in. Usually in a man's office they have naked women in, but I guess everybody has their own fetishes. That might be a reflection of my gutter mind though.

Pumpkin
11-02-2011, 04:34 PM
I said NCG is yellow because of the headphones and the trophies. He definitely has some red in there though.

Foa, I would say green.

Shlup, I would say red.

Sharky, I would say green, but there is some blue.

Some are harder than others because I am pretty much 95% green, but most people aren't that much of one color. When my teacher guessed the types of the class, he only got one wrong and he was like 60% red, 40% blue, so people like that are a lot harder to determine.

NOTE: I am going to ask my sales techer tonight what he thinks based on the pictures and see if he gets them right.

fire_of_avalon
11-02-2011, 04:45 PM
I'd say you're probably right. But I'll try to take some pictures when I go in today so I don't feel left out of everyone taking pictures.

Jessweeee♪
11-02-2011, 06:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/jesse053/2011-11-0212-19-07629.jpg

Yes, I did take that with a webcam xD

NorthernChaosGod
11-02-2011, 07:35 PM
I laughed a bit at your calendar with the cars in. Usually in a man's office they have naked women in, but I guess everybody has their own fetishes. That might be a reflection of my gutter mind though.
I'm pretty sure that's his work space. Where he works. Probably sees customers too.

Pumpkin
11-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Jessweeee, I am going to say Yellow?

fire_of_avalon
11-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Tell us how you make your assessment?!

Pumpkin
11-03-2011, 01:07 AM
I didn't think anyone cared, but I'll try if you want me to.

Sometimes there's a lot of other junk piled up there too, but it's clean now because I cleaned today. Green, are usually less organized.

It's 10 minutes fast and hangs on the left side of the wall. This could be Green or Blue. the photos are standard motivational claptrap. Red, but then you said: I didn't pick them out, Green

Some things on the bulletin board are there for personal decoration, like my UNC placard and my calendar featuring the 2009 World Beard and Mustache Championship finalists and champion. Green or Yellow

On top of the filing cabinets are my notebooks for my record keeping and an empty fishbowl with rocks and a fake plant in it. Yellow, but then you said: The fish died about a month ago. It was sad. He was my buddy. Green

On my desk is a tray overflowing with things I need to take care of ASAP. Green. Things are kind of getting away from me.
On my computer are two origami things someone at work made and left in front of my door. Also on my desk is a glass paperweight with a glow in the dark jellyfish inside. I got it from the Georgia Aquarium. Green or Yellow

My office is really messy right now Green

EDIT: On top of the storage closet is a photo frame with 8 photos of Seattle and Tacoma Washington that my former boss took. She lived there for a long time and had the photos in her office. When she retired she gave them to me as a keepsake. EXTREMELY green.

I could go into more detail, but like I said all this was covered over a few weeks and it would be boring going into extreme detail.

rubah
11-03-2011, 03:45 AM
I'm going to describe my bedroom, which is basically where I compute, so it's like a desk! My desk at work is just cluttered and bare, since I haven't gotten around to decorating it.

Things I need to know:
Lighting: fluorescent, single bulb on ceiling
Pictures (if any): art nouveau, I used to have a bunch of photographs of my friends/family/pets on the wall at my old apartment, but I didn't look at them much, and didn't feel like digging them out, so when I moved, I didn't put them back up. This probably means something. I also have some figures and origami in the window sill.
What is on your desk: my desk is my bed. Right now, there is a bowl and a can of soup that I did not eat for lunch today, a sticker of a Dragon Quest Slime, my phone.
The floor is also my desk. Right now, there is some yarn, my wallet and keys, a bunch of books and notebooks, a sack of receipts, a sack of refuse, some novels, a mousepad I intend to take to the office at some point, old paperwork that isn't urgent, a couple of ds games, some pretzels and pumpkin seeds that are kinda stale, some pumpkin seeds that haven't been opened, and my storage bin for stationary, pens, calculator, etc.

Pumpkin
11-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Lighting: fluorescent, single bulb on ceiling - Green or Blue
Pictures (if any): art nouveau, Yellow I used to have a bunch of photographs of my friends/family/pets on the wall Blue at my old apartment, but I didn't look at them much, and didn't feel like digging them out, so when I moved, I didn't put them back up. Yellow This probably means something. I also have some figures and origami in the window sill. Yellow or Green
What is on your desk: my desk is my bed. Right now, there is a bowl and a can of soup that I did not eat for lunch today, a sticker of a Dragon Quest Slime, my phone. Yellow
The floor is also my desk. Right now, there is some yarn, my wallet and keys, a bunch of books and notebooks, a sack of receipts, a sack of refuse, some novels, a mousepad I intend to take to the office at some point, old paperwork that isn't urgent, a couple of ds games, some pretzels and pumpkin seeds that are kinda stale, some pumpkin seeds that haven't been opened, and my storage bin for stationary, pens, calculator, etc. Green

Based on this I would say yellow with a lot of green.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-03-2011, 05:24 PM
You have green for me. I'm curious what about the pictures led you to say that.

Tell us!!

Analyze NCG's wall o' cans too.

NorthernChaosGod
11-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Didn't she already analyze me? :confused:

sharkythesharkdogg
11-03-2011, 10:53 PM
I'm asking for the reasoning behind her deductions. :kakapo:

Tigmafuzz
11-04-2011, 02:34 AM
Genius doesn't need a reason. =P

rubah
11-04-2011, 05:53 AM
I guess I would say I am yellow and green and not red or blue. I anticipate doing business with you, shion!

Pike
11-04-2011, 03:10 PM
I don't have a desk at work because I'm a retail monkey. Can I post my desk at home?

Technically, now that I'm writing and selling said writing, it sort of counts as a work desk. Right? :tongue:

NorthernChaosGod
11-04-2011, 07:18 PM
It does! Post the work desk, yo.

Pumpkin
11-04-2011, 08:09 PM
So far I am doing okay then? This is good.

Anyways, yes Pike, you can post your desk at home.

This is what I have fo NCG:
Wall of cans is yellow or red. Trophies are yellow. Sports posters are yellow. Headphones and speakers are yellow, and the desk itself is red.

Sharkes:
Chairs are green. Desk is green. The items on the desk are green, other than the trophies which are yellow. The way the desks are arranged is blue. The way the office is arranged is blue. The pictures could be considered yellow, except that they are somewhat related to your job, then they are considered red. The way that your pictures are arranged however is green.

NorthernChaosGod
11-04-2011, 10:25 PM
I. Am. Awesome. /smug

demondude
11-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Oh hey, I think I saw some trophies like that in a novelty store the other day. What a coincidence.

Pike
11-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Okay here's mine then

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/photos/Photo117.jpg

I should note that the light has washed out a lot of the color and made it difficult to see some of the stuff on the left. The squares next to the fish bowl are post-it notes and below those are a Game Boy Advance sitting on top of a Nintendo DS.

I also have an ebook reader on the desk (which doesn't show up in the picture because it's juuuust out of view.)

Sitting on a ledge above the desk are:

an LED binary clock (http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/59e0/)
a figurine of my World of Warcraft character in her level 70 endgame duds
a blue jar where I put loose change
a small picture of Deception Pass (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deception_Pass), which I used to cross every day on my way to work when I lived in Washington for a year.

I can get a picture of that stuff if you'd like, as well.

NorthernChaosGod
11-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Oh hey, I think I saw some trophies like that in a novelty store the other day. What a coincidence.
u mad brah?

Fuzakeru
11-06-2011, 03:00 AM

I find this stuff super interesting!

Edit: I fail at reading directions.

Lighting: I typically don't have the overhead light on. I like having just the soft lamp behind me going and I have a few candles always burning too. I'm a vampire.

Above where you see the silly little graphic I did of the stormtrooper and red shirt are two paintings I painted. One is super blue and abstract and the other is like Alice in Wonderland on acid.

On my desk: Drawing tablet, tons of graphic design books, my PSP, pens, keys, hair tie, sunglasses, three different pairs of headphones ( one for music, one for gaming, and one that makes sweet love to my ears when I'm in a 'zone' mood ), speakers, an extra monitor I split with my laptop, earrings, wireless keyboard and mouse, two MP3 players, file holder for my bills and other important recent paperwork, my laptop bag is on one of the lower stands of the desk, I have a sketch book down there too. Oh, and a few stacks of post-it notes. (The red cup contains Root Beer and Captain Morgan.... >_> I like to have a warm, fuzzy feeling when doing freelance sometimes. )

DMKA
11-06-2011, 04:08 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/devilmaykickass/fdsddfsf.jpg

NorthernChaosGod
11-06-2011, 12:31 PM

I find this stuff super interesting!

Edit: I fail at reading directions.

Lighting: I typically don't have the overhead light on. I like having just the soft lamp behind me going and I have a few candles always burning too. I'm a vampire.

Above where you see the silly little graphic I did of the stormtrooper and red shirt are two paintings I painted. One is super blue and abstract and the other is like Alice in Wonderland on acid.

On my desk: Drawing tablet, tons of graphic design books, my PSP, pens, keys, hair tie, sunglasses, three different pairs of headphones ( one for music, one for gaming, and one that makes sweet love to my ears when I'm in a 'zone' mood ), speakers, an extra monitor I split with my laptop, earrings, wireless keyboard and mouse, two MP3 players, file holder for my bills and other important recent paperwork, my laptop bag is on one of the lower stands of the desk, I have a sketch book down there too. Oh, and a few stacks of post-it notes. (The red cup contains Root Beer and Captain Morgan.... >_> I like to have a warm, fuzzy feeling when doing freelance sometimes. )
I like how my sig is on your computer in the shot. /smug

Pumpkin
11-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Pike: yellow
Fuzakeru: Blue
DMKA: Red