PDA

View Full Version : Another amusing tradition...

Wolf Kanno
11-06-2011, 06:15 AM
How many games do you own? I've been meaning to write down every game I own in case of some future disaster takes them all away but how many games do you actually own. Feel free to split them up by system and even mention if you've beaten them.

Del Murder
11-06-2011, 06:21 AM
I own a lot less than I did in my heyday since I typically sell games I don't play anymore. I also play a lot of roms and I don't think those count. I'll count them when I find the energy to stand up.

Slothy
11-06-2011, 11:41 AM
PSX: 29
PS2: 75
PSP: 11
PS3: 46ish (tough to remember all of my PSN games without looking)
Gamecube: 11
NES: 3
SNES: 19 (I thought this was higher. I'm wondering if all of them aren't sitting on my shelf right now)
N64: 24
Dreamcast: 7
DS: 10 (most are my wife's but fuck it, I'm counting them)
GBA: 10
Game Boy: 10
PC: 76

That's more or less all of them. So that puts me at 331 games in total. Not too bad I suppose. Obviously I'm not going to list everything individually, and as far as beating them, I'm not actually too bad. When I was actually attempting to track this on backloggery.com (before I got too lazy to keep updating it) I was in the 70-80% completion range on all of my platforms. So that's anywhere from 231-264 of them beaten. Not too shabby.

Dreddz
11-06-2011, 12:10 PM
There is no way I could list all the games I own. I'd say a couple hundred is accurate. Most of them would be PS1 games.

VeloZer0
11-06-2011, 02:42 PM
My SNES was the family SNES, so I don't know if I can rightly attribute any games to in. In any case there were only like 8.
Total = 79. And I have never sold a used game. Man am I ever picky.

PS1 - 15 = 8 CDs, +~7 PSN games I don't already own
Completion Rate 88% on CD, 14% on PSN

PS2 - 22
Completion Rate 32%

PS3 - 15
Completion Rate 47%

PSP - 12
Completion Rate 42%

NDS - 9
Completion Rate 78% (the reason this is so high is because I hate the DS as a piece of hardware and only buy games for it I really really think I will like.)

360 - 7
Completion Rate 29%

Total Completion Rate: 45%

I've really throttled back on my new game purchases in the last few years because I have realized I really don't like anything they are making nowadays enough to stick it through and play to the end. The

Pike
11-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Yeah I'm not gonna try to count. Between games I had at one point and may or may not have anymore (moving every year for a solid decade will make a lot of your things disappear), those hundreds of C64 games that are... somewhere... and the fact that the good hundred or so SNES/N64 games I've played are not technically "mine", I'm not gonna try, I'm afraid :p

Flying Arrow
11-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Some of you guys have almost as many games for a single console than I do for all of them combined. My total tops out at about 25-30ish games per console generation, with most being picked up used. I also had decent little NES, Genesis and Turbo-Grafx collections when I was way younger, but those have more or less all been scattered throughout various life events.

My collection:

SNES - 11 games (I think), 100% completion. There are one or two that friends have that I'll likely never see again. I lose a lot of games to friends, but I think I'm most sour about the SNES ones.

N64 - 7 games, 100% completion. This goes back to before I received my PS1 and more or less gave up on Nintendo completely.

PS1 - 22 games (5 PSN), 100% completion. I probably had one or two more that have gotten lost, never given back by old friends, etc. The most glaring being Legend of Legaia. Man, I loved that game. :(

PS2 - 26 games, 92% completion. A few of these games friends of mine have borrowed. I've accepted that I probably won't see these ones ever again. The only two I haven't completed are Okami and Psychonauts. Okami I got off a Cragislist ad, got bored of it halfway in, then stopped playing once I got my PS3. Psychonauts a co-worker got for me years ago. I haven't finished it because I flat out don't like it.

XBox - 3 games, 67% completion (Jade Empire being the one I didn't finish). I never actually owned an XBox. An old roommate had one and I just bought games for it and took it to my room when we'd trade XBox and PS2. This is one of the friends who has a PS2 game I'll probably never see again: my beloved MVP Baseball 2005. :cry:

DS - 5 games, 60% completion. I actually had 8 games up until a while ago, but traded 3 in for a huge discount on Dark Souls (one of the best trades I've ever made). I also had 4 more games when I first got a DS (system + 8 games for $100 from a friend, sweet) but gave those to my sister.

PS3 - 25 games (10 PSN), 88% completion.

Pike
11-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I genuinely admire you guys who keep track of not only what games you currently own, but completion rates, as well.

I recently started a Backloggery account so I can start to do the same; I'm not going to add most of my older games, though, unless I get REALLY inspired. Mostly because I'm lazy.

DMKA
11-06-2011, 06:14 PM
I used to own way more but ended up selling off my entire collection. I've built up a new collection but it's not nearly as big. And I assume pirated copies/roms don't count. :p

PlayStation: 13

Final Fantasy VII (Completed)
Final Fantasy VIII (Completed)
Final Fantasy IX (Completed)
Final Fantasy Anthology (FFVI Completed, FFV not completed)
Final Fantasy Chronicles (Not Completed)
Final Fantasy Tactics (Not Completed)
The Legend of Dragoon (Completed)
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero (Completed)
Resident Evil 2 (Completed)
Rival Schools (Completed)
Tomb Raider II (Completed)
X-Men: Children of the Atom (Completed)
Xenogears (Completed)
Playstation 2: 10

Devil May Cry 2 (Not Completed)
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (Not Completed)
Final Fantasy X (Completed)
Final Fantasy X-2 (Completed)
Final Fantasy XII Completed)
God Hand (Not Completed)
Kingdom Hearts (Completed)
Kingdom Hearts II (Completed)
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (Completed)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (Not Completed)

PlayStation 3: 40 (NO GAEMS)
PlayStation Portable: 2
Xbox 360: 4
GameBoy Color: 1
Windows: 2

And, if downloadable games count:
PlayStation Network: 5
Xbox Live: 2

That's 79 games. Wow, way more than I thought I still had.

Madame Adequate
11-06-2011, 06:26 PM
I counted two, maybe three years ago and I had a couple of hundred I believe, mostly for PC and PS1/2. Given that I've stopped trading things in most of the time in order to get a bigger collection, it must be quite a bit bigger now.

Jiro
11-07-2011, 12:16 AM
This makes me feel a lot better about having a large collection of games. I'll count when I get home but I think it's somewhere in the vicinity of 80 odd.

Slothy
11-07-2011, 01:07 AM
having a large collection of games.

somewhere in the vicinity of 80 odd.

I thought you said large collection of games son.

I might forgive you because you're in Australia and from what I've heard you guys are in some sort of a time warp and get games later than everywhere else. I can only assume the NES was recently released there?

Wolf Kanno
11-07-2011, 05:13 AM
Last time I counted I thought my collection was somewhere over 300, now that I've found this backlogger website, I'll be able to organize it better and get an exact number.

Pete for President
11-07-2011, 09:29 AM
HOO HOO HERE GOES

PS1:
(I used to have quite a few illegal copies which I won't list here, so originals only)

Metal Gear Solid - Beat
Vagrant Story - Beat
FFIX - Beat
Cool Boarders - not beaten
Worms - not beaten

Beat rate: 60% (3 out of 5)

PS2:

GTA Vice City - Beat
GTA San Andreas - Beat
Tenchu 3 - Beat
FFX - Beat
FFXII - Beat
Okami - Beat
Ace Combat 04 - Beat
Ace Combat Zero - Beat
Shadow of the Colossus - Beat
God of War - Beat
God of War 2 - Beat
Spider Man - Beat
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 - Beat
Devil May Cry - Beat
Socom: US Navy Seals - Beat
Metal Gear Solid 2 - Beat
Metal Gear Solid 3 - Beat
SSX Tricky - Beat
SSX 3 - Beat
SSX On Tour - Beat
Bully - Beat
Kingdom Hearts - Beat
Kingdom Hearts II - Beat
Guitar Hero II - Beaten (on expert :0)
TMNT - my only PS2 game that I have not beaten : (((( won this game at a contest. Played for like 30 minutes before getting bored.

Beat rate: 96% (23 out of 24)

PS3:

Little Big Planet 1 - Beat
Little Big Planet 2 - Beat
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Beat
Guitar Hero World Tour - Beat on Hard
Resistance 3 - Beat
GTA IV - Beat
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Beat
ModNation Racers - Beat
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - Beat
Valkyria Chronicles - Beat
Skate - Beat
Soul Calibur IV - Beaten, but it's a fighter game, so…
Killzone 2 - Beat
Modern Warfare 2 - Beat
HAWX 1 - Beat
HAWX 2 - Beat
FFXIII - Beat

Beat rate: 100% (17 out of 17)

Bolivar
11-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Damn some of you guys have great completion rates. I can't really say how many I own since I only have PS3 and a select few PSOne and 2 games where I'm at. There were A LOT more PSOne and genesis games but they're probably buried in the far deep corners of an attic/garage, never to be seen nor played again. If I had to estimate, I'd say I'm somewhere between 100-200. I'd say the consoles I have the most games for are PSOne and PS3. It also seems like I'm the only one here who had a Genesis/Mega Drive, although I'm guessing most of you just haven't gone back that far for what you're counting.

Pike
11-07-2011, 03:14 PM
It also seems like I'm the only one here who had a Genesis/Mega Drive, although I'm guessing most of you just haven't gone back that far for what you're counting.

MILF grew up on one. I never had one myself, although one of my neighbors did and I went to his house a LOT and played quite a few games of his. Further complicating this "What games do you own" issue, because a lot of games that I played extensively I never really owned! xD

Slothy
11-07-2011, 03:56 PM
It also seems like I'm the only one here who had a Genesis/Mega Drive, although I'm guessing most of you just haven't gone back that far for what you're counting.

I did have a Genesis, but only ever got a handful of games for it. I gave it to my sister years ago actually which is why I didn't count it. I've gone back and re-explored some of the classics since then in emulation form, but my childhood was mostly eaten up by the SNES and Game Boy. Part of that may simply be because I was exposed to Nintendo first, and all of my friends also had the SNES so we were always playing different games at each others houses and lending stuff back and forth.

Jiro
11-10-2011, 11:17 AM
having a large collection of games.

somewhere in the vicinity of 80 odd.

I thought you said large collection of games son.

I might forgive you because you're in Australia and from what I've heard you guys are in some sort of a time warp and get games later than everywhere else. I can only assume the NES was recently released there?

That's basically just 360 and PS3 games. I have maybe two dozen PS2 games and about sixty odd PS1 games. A dozen on handhelds and another few on PC. I just haven't counted them for years so I go off current gen stuff :monster:

Wolf Kanno
11-11-2011, 06:26 AM
I think I'm missing some titles, but here goes...

NES: 28 - 21%
SNES: 22 - 72%
Game Boy/Color: 12 - 44%
Game Boy Advance: 10 - 60%
Gamecube: 1 - 0%
Wii: 15 - 23%
DS: 18 - 55%
Playstation: 46 - 86%
Playstation 2: 84 - 63%
Playstation 3: 19 - 26%
Playstation Portable: 19 - 31%
PC: 4- 25%
PSN: 10 - 20%
Virtual Console/WiiWare: 5 - 0%

Total - 292 games, I think...

Overall - 53%ish

My Completion rate is a bit skewed... partially because I don't count copies of games, like I've beaten FFVII/VIII/IX but I only counted the fact I beat them on the Playstation, despite owning copies through PSN. The other issue comes from Compilations. I count FF Anthologies as 1 package but I've beaten both games, whereas I've beaten Arc the Lad 1 and 2 but since I haven't finished Arc the Lad 3 it counts as unfinished... This royally screwed me with Mega Man collections, but it's easier to keep track of everything. Other issues come from collecting games, my NES collection was probably 10 games until this last year. So I have 18 extra games I haven't had the time to beat. I also didn't count games that don't really end, like Pac-Man and Tetris in completion numbers.

Bolivar
11-11-2011, 04:01 PM
^ I'm surprised you only have one gamecube game... even though I only own one myself, and it was gifted from a friend; I only bought the thing for the GBA player ^_^

I think I'm gonna have to pm ya about how those Arc the Lad games are.

Wolf Kanno
11-11-2011, 06:19 PM
I don't actually own a Gamecube, I just use the Wii's backwards compatibility with it. The only game I own is Skies of Arcadia, bu I've been meaning to pick up Wind Waker and a few other titles.

ljkkjlcm9
11-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Lets see here
NES: 60ish
SNES: 45ish
N64: 50ish
Gamecube: 40ish
Wii: 30ish
GB/GBC: 40ish
GBA: 60ish
DS: 55ish
3DS: 4 (it's new, easy to count)
PS1: 2 (never owned the system)
PS2: 15ish
PS3: 30ish
360: 3 (don't own the system)
PC: 25ish

Total: about 450... sounds right. No idea what percent completed, if I guessed I'd say 75%, somewhere between 300-350.

!!!! Almost forgot my Gamegear! I have 25ish games for that, beaten all of em!

If my grandmother wasn't stupid I'd also have 20 intellivision games but yeah.

NOTE: I never sell games. Someone got me Modern Warfare 2 for Christmas 2 years ago, and I still have it in plastic wrap.

THE JACKEL

Slothy
11-11-2011, 10:42 PM
No offense or anything, but this is perhaps the most confusing set of figures I've seen all day.

ljkkjlcm9
11-11-2011, 11:06 PM
No offense or anything, but this is perhaps the most confusing set of figures I've seen all day.

I didn't own a PS2 until this year actually. I owned a PS3 before a PS2. (originally bought it to double as a cheap DVD player)
Also, the Gamecube has a ton of great games, and I completely feel that while the PS2 has more good games, the GC had more great games.
The Wii has some quality titles, like Muramasa the Demon Blade, Monster Hunter Tri, No More Heroes (to name a few) and games I can play with friends/family that don't game much... Wii party, Mario Sports Mix, Kirby. Plus games like Mario, Zelda, and Smash Bros.

but as an addage, just realize my PS2 collection will be growing, while my GC collection is pretty much done.

THE JACKEL

Slothy
11-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Well, that makes sense with regard to the PS2 count, and I'll admit there's some good stuff on the Wii and GC, but if I sat down and tried to come up with a list of great games for the two systems, I don't think I'd make it to twenty, let alone 70 between them. Different strokes though, and I stopped liking a lot of first party Nintendo series after the N64. Personally, I think the PS2 had the best lineup of any console ever made, in terms of both quality and quantity.