PDA

View Full Version : Staring at the ceiling

Diango12
11-07-2011, 07:17 AM
Today is Sunday and for me its always boring for the greater part of the whole day. So I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling. But I'm not very good at this thing. Daydreaming. My thoughts were random, and I couldn't pay attention to any one image flying through my head. Problems, worries, thoughts of my ex girlfriend.

That's when I popped in 'This Will Destroy You - Strings' and closed my eyes through the opening acoustics. No words, just music. I rolled over a few times and finally settled when I no longer noticed the music playing. That was the moment. I just let it carry me then.

I passed the whole day pretty much the same way. Have you ever just laid on your bed and daydreamed? Well anyway, here is the song that helped me today. BTW its been several years since I posted on Eoff. I'm glad its still here.

This Will Destroy You - Threads - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdqT3MDAG2w)

I listened, stared at ceiling, closed my eyes, and fell fast asleep.

Tigmafuzz
11-07-2011, 07:21 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d111/monkey_monkey_monkey_monkey_monkey/spidey25.jpg
Reminded me of A Perfect Circle for a bit at the beginning, but then I got swept away by its beauty and simplicity. Excellent.

Old Manus
11-07-2011, 09:55 AM
The correct answer is to put on your 12" Kind of Blue LP and melt into a chair after lighting up your seventy dollar Cuban cigar (now rolled by real orphaned children) and pouring a glass of Hennessy.

Pike
11-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Have you ever just laid on your bed and daydreamed?

I do it on a daily basis, but then I'm constantly in a state of daydreaming.

Iceglow
11-07-2011, 04:00 PM
I do this every now and then, usually a couple of times a month or so. I'll chill out for a day or so just doing nothing but think through my life, come to terms with the mistakes I've made and the here and now. Accept that the here and now is nothing more than where I need to be right now and that everything that has happened to me is on me and always has been. After a day where I do this I'm good. People often mistake the days where I do this for days where I'm depressed or down because I can go the whole day without speaking a word to anyone, yet this isn't the case, I just need some time to myself to balance out who I am again. Music is a very important part of this process and of this song I approve!

Diango12
11-08-2011, 02:07 AM
We do the same thing Iceglow. I wonder if anyone else takes a day off from life to reflect on things.

About what? Do you listen to music while daydreaming?

Pike
11-08-2011, 02:10 AM
We do the same thing Iceglow. I wonder if anyone else takes a day off from life to reflect on things.

About what? Do you listen to music while daydreaming?

Music - sometimes, but usually not.

As for what about - it varies; I like to let my mind carry me where it will. Usually stories, images, symbols, and characters spring unbidden to my mind and then if I like them, I remember them, and write about them later.

Shlup
11-08-2011, 04:28 AM
I do my very best not to get out of bed on Sundays.

Tigmafuzz
11-09-2011, 02:04 AM
I do my very best not to get out of bed on Sundays.
That is why you are the master, and we are but your humble servants. I mean pupils. Or retinas? Something.

Jiro
11-10-2011, 11:27 AM
If I relax for too long, then I sleep.

Tigmafuzz
11-10-2011, 10:02 PM
You have no idea how lucky you are.

Jiro
11-11-2011, 03:13 PM
I find it hard to relax :(

fire_of_avalon
11-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Me too. If I don't have something to do I generally get depressed.

NorthernChaosGod
11-11-2011, 06:47 PM
When I have time to kill, I like to try and watch some TV shows from bed. I always get sleepy though. :(

Diango12
11-12-2011, 03:02 AM

This is the reason I can't cuddle for to long. My ex girlfriend was always heart broken when I fell asleep after fifteen minute of laying down.

Fujiko
11-13-2011, 11:41 PM
Love that "This will destroy you" song :333 I often take some time to reflect on things and my life in general. When I have a lot going on in my life and I know I need to find a way to achieve my goals for things to be the way I want them to, I'd say I sometimes daydream because I'm the kind of person who usually likes to think things through a whole lot before I act which sometimes leads to daydreaming, but when there's so much going on it can get confusing. I also daydream at times because I wish a lot of things in my past would have been different, 'cause some of those things still affect me today. Sometimes I get really uneasy too. So listening to good music helps a lot at times. :3

But I personally believe nothing compares to talking to someone who understands you more than anybody. Nothing compares to sharing with them your thoughts, goals and dreams. I have such a person in my life, and he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He understands me through and through which nobody I have ever known even remotely does. And since having him in my life I don't daydream so much anymore, because I feel so comfortable sharing everything with him, and he understands me and 'sees' me and knows where I'm coming from, and it helps me sort things out.

This makes me realise how much better it is to share your thoughts instead of getting into the habit of thinking about things for too long and keeping to yourself, because to me daydreaming is kinda like wanting time to stop to wish for things to be different, when in fact life goes on and I need to make the most of every moment. I've kinda been a lone wolf most of my life, and partly still am, but since I met him I have learnt to talk about my thoughts and dreams and I've changed a whole lot, for the better, and I've realised that since then I don't daydream as much anymore. :3