PDA

View Full Version : 2012 bucket list

Peegee
11-07-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm pretty sure most of you have 5-10-20 year plans.

But:you surely have one year plans! SO for 2012 - what goals do you have?

I have some rather ambitious goals for 2012:

- For 2011 I picked up my boater's license (huzzah) so now one day I can get a boat (I'm on a boat motherducker). For 2012 however I would be content with just a jet ski.

- Kalidesu invited me to Hawaii (for some reason...:shifty: I looked into it, and it costs about the same as a trip to visit to Rubahs. Or if I'm lucky, I'll get enough aeroplan points to just subsidize that trip. Bwahaha free vacation get! <3 (not free - I pay for people's eating habits when I'm there)

(ETA - sometime in september. I learned this year that if I wait too long I risk a mental breakdown)

- Property get! 2012 should be the year that I finally buy something. Bloody market. Before the crash property prices were too high. After the crash my investments tanked 20-25% (Leaps out of a building to my death). Delays delays delays!

- New job get! After my vacation I need to gtfo my current job! As easy and fun as my job is, and yes, it does have two of my longest lasting friends as colleagues (how great is that?), it is not a job I want to be working for very long time. Apparently I could have tried to find a better job this year, but I wasted that time taking online courses :p

Then there's small time goals, like taking up rock climbing again. I briefly did it LAST year but quit due to not finding a good rock wall / gym (plus nobody to go with)

Okay finally. God PG shut up. Your turn.

Jessweeee♪
11-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Finally go back to school. I hate college. I hate hate hate it. But I gotta. So when spring semester starts I'll hopefully be taking a couple of accounting or business classes.
Start jogging again.
Save up enough money for a flight to Iowa so I can go to my little bro's graduation.
Get my own damn internet so I'm not leeching from the neighbors.
Possibly get a new job, because I have a feeling this office will close before long. This company has made $0 since it started last summer. And no, that's not after deducting our expenses from our total income, we have literally received no money aside from investments from the owner.

Iceglow
11-07-2011, 04:17 PM
What I want to achieve by the end of 2012? Quite simple really:

Career progression. I've been with HMV for 5 years almost and I want to progress, if not progress I want out of the job I need a new challenge and I want to get free from this place. Sure the job can be fun and there's plenty of good bonuses in the form of free games, free headphones etc but face facts, it's not great and I don't want to be tied down in the same position for 5 years busting my ass to make ends meet.

Go on holiday, whether it's going to Turkey with my housemates for Anzac day in April or going abroad somewhere else later in the year I want to go somewhere hot and sunny again. I need to save up for this, though I would love to go to the Maldive islands.

Cut back on drinking and get myself in shape with the objective of running a half marathon or a full marathon for charity by 2013.

Pike
11-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Publish another book (or two, possibly).
Become financially stable again.

That's about it.

NorthernChaosGod
11-07-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm starting the leangains (www.leangains.com) method so going to try and add at least 10 pounds of muscle and drop body fat to 10% or below.

Work enough over the summer to fund school for the '12/'13 school year.

Get serious about my guitar playing again and start posting videos on YouTube.

That's all I have really that I care to do.

Peegee
11-07-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm starting the leangains (www.leangains.com) method so going to try and add at least 10 pounds of muscle and drop body fat to 10% or below.

Why aren't you already 10 or below? Do I have to start tagging you when I jokingly insult out of shape people?

:)

Shlup
11-07-2011, 09:30 PM
I don't think you know what "bucket list" means.

My 2012 goals mostly relate to my Etsy store. I just re-invested 1/3 of my profit into expanding my inventory.

NorthernChaosGod
11-07-2011, 09:47 PM

Why aren't you already 10 or below? Do I have to start tagging you when I jokingly insult out of shape people?

Yes you will.

Peegee
11-07-2011, 10:11 PM
I don't think you know what "bucket list" means.

My 2012 goals mostly relate to my Etsy store. I just re-invested 1/3 of my profit into expanding my inventory.

It appears I meant bucket mist. So that's a moot point.

looool

Yes you will.

quiet fatty.

NorthernChaosGod
11-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Make me. :colbert:

sharkythesharkdogg
11-08-2011, 01:05 PM

That's it!

You can't have your traditional cupcakes and gravy for breakfast until your attitude shapes up.

:colbert:

Peegee
11-08-2011, 04:04 PM

Jack: Listen, if you're done with that washing machine, could I put some booze in it?
Marge: Not until you finish my sundae!
Jack: Yes ma'am.
Marge: What's wrong with my sundae's?

Tigmafuzz
11-09-2011, 02:05 AM
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?

DMKA
11-09-2011, 03:47 AM
- Find a way to survive the December apocalypse.

Rostum
11-09-2011, 06:45 AM
Get out of the bullshit known as freelancing and either get a job in a studio or try and change career paths. :( Basically I want to start saving money to eventually buy a town house near the city, and go traveling around the world with my girlfriend. Neither will happen next year, but that's what I'm working towards.

This year has been probably the most depressing year of my life, so anything to get out of that rut.

Peegee
11-09-2011, 01:41 PM
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?

i can feed my meat to the dog. then i can have all the pudding i can fit.

Rye
11-09-2011, 03:41 PM
I don't have too many, but...

:save: Graduate from college by August. (This is the number one plan - I cannot do anything wonderful, fulfilling or job-oriented while I'm still stuck in school. My senior year of university is soul-crushing.)
:save: Have an advertisement/copywriting internship in Manhattan by the summer time.
:save: Impress internship enough to be hired/get enough experience from internship that another company will hire me.
:save: Maintain weight loss and work out a bit.

If all goes to plan (which it may not, considering the state of jobs), I would like to be secure enough in a full-time position and have saved enough from working that moving out is feasible in early 2013.

Peegee
11-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Okay I don't usually say this but you don't need to keep losing weight Rye >: [

Unless your goal is like fitness related then I'd recommend you don't listen to anybody who refers people to me.

(stares at Rubah)

Rye
11-09-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm actually capping off my weight loss around now or within 3-5 lbs from now (which would be a full 20 lbs lost since June). I don't really want to lose much more, I just want to maintain my current weight! I guess I worded that ambiguously.

Madame Adequate
11-09-2011, 04:34 PM
- Bring Steph over for a visit

demondude
11-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Going to continue being ignorant of important things and I will (hopefully) go somewhere/someplaces spectacular. If not then I'll sit down and plan what I'm gonna do with my shit for good. I would quite like to get quite good at the guitar as well.

Shoeberto
11-09-2011, 11:32 PM
- Change the world.

fire_of_avalon
11-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Make sandwiches for Stuberto while he changes the world.

Get a new job.

Become a good aunt.

Become a better person.

Miriel
11-10-2011, 01:16 AM
Get married or die trying. :colbert:

Also, Paris, Italy, South Africa, New Zealand.

Hopefully buy property large enough so that mi familia can be reunited, and also so that I can become a doggie foster mom.

Shlup
11-10-2011, 01:18 AM
I have a new 2010 goal: be adopted by Miriel. If I have to pretend to be a dog, I'm okay with that.

Rye
11-10-2011, 01:19 AM
I have a new 2010 goal: be adopted by Miriel. If I have to pretend to be a dog, I'm okay with that.

Me too. ;A;

Madame Adequate
11-11-2011, 05:06 AM
'Pretend', Jess?

Tigmafuzz
11-11-2011, 05:33 AM
Ooh, burn.

Jiro
11-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Decide what I want to do with my life in 2013.

Araciel
11-11-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm not gonna' die in 2012 so..

Peegee
11-11-2011, 05:34 PM

Me too. ;A;

>2010

NorthernChaosGod
11-11-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm not gonna' die in 2012 so..
As 2012 dies. :colbert: