PDA

View Full Version : Naruto discussion: Theories before the end . . . (SPOILERS)

Kumo
11-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Don't know if anybody is still watching/reading this series, but it looks like it will be coming to it's epic conclusion soon. I think it's become really deep and interesting during shippuuden and I've become more engrossed in it. If anybody IS reading/watching it, some food for thought as to who Tobi is. Switch the words around a little and you have Obit, when pronounced in Japanese is Obito. Tobi only shows one eye, and we know what happened to Obito when he tried to save his team members including Kakashi.

Just a theory that my gf heard from another friend that is a fan.

Another theory is that it's Uchiha Shisui, but I don't think that holds up cause Itachi got one (which was implanted in one of his crows) and Danzou had one as well I think.

Jessweeee♪
11-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Is it for reals ending, or just ending like the first Naruto series "ended"? If it's the former I might just read up the entire plot of everything past episode 15 of the first series and then check out the finale.

Kumo
11-11-2011, 07:40 AM
I don't think they can do another series after this, cause they are tying up quite a bit of loose ends as the final battle comes to a head. People dying, histories being revealed, that sorta thing . . . and Naruto just butted heads (literally) with probably the strongest character in the entire series. Once that battle is over, it's gotta be done. I can't see the manga going more than another year or so. I think the manga will be finished by June or earlier next year.

Just my opinion though.

Peegee
11-11-2011, 06:09 PM
I haven't read naruto since sometime in the arc where they were fighting Killer B (iirc the character's name).

I tried to make sense of the plot using naruto wiki but started to cry after 15 paragraphs :(

it doesn't help that my brother keeps complaining about the series, but i think if it really is coming to a close, i might take a month or something at work and just sit down and read it again.

Wolf Kanno
11-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Yeah, the Tobi = Obito theory has been around for awhile. My guess was that he might be Madara's actual brother. He may have sacrificed his eyes for Madara but they only implied he was killed by a character we already know has been lying, and who else would be this fanatical to help Madara cause? Since the real Madara seems to know who this imposter is and even been stated they are working towards Madara's actual goal in life, I think its a plausible theory. I'm more curious to know where Sasuke fits in all of this, he's been out of the manga for a very long time and they keep implying he's important to Tobi's goal but nothing so far.

NeoCracker
11-11-2011, 10:25 PM
My theory is one day the person righting this show stopped caring, and started throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks. And none of it did.

Kumo
11-12-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm curious to see how Zetsu fits into all of this as well. I heard he might have been born near the battle between Madara/Harashiyama, which is why he has the wood element. But I really wonder about his dark side.

DMKA
11-12-2011, 01:15 AM
If Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z taught me anything, it's that you can kill the entire cast off and still make another series. Or four more even.

Kumo
11-12-2011, 03:07 PM
One should never freely admit to watching Sailor Moon my friend ;), lol.

DMKA
11-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Coming from someone that watches Naruto, I'll take that as a compliment.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Coming from someone that watches Naruto, I'll take that as a compliment.

Yeah, I'll back DMKA up on that one.

Kumo
11-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Wait, what? Sailor Moon is better?

Now if somebody said they watched the English version and liked it, then I think they'd have problems. I've been living in Japan for years, and only watched it in Japanese with subtitles, so I can say the voice acting and lameness that was added into the English version is largely absent.

What's so bad about Naruto?

demondude
11-13-2011, 11:23 PM
I've never watched a good anime. In fact I don't think such things exist.

VeloZer0
11-14-2011, 02:29 AM
I'm more curious to know where Sasuke fits in all of this, he's been out of the manga for a very long time and they keep implying he's important to Tobi's goal but nothing so far.
That's my main curiosity. I have a hard time understanding how the writers are going to fit in the whole him being on Tobi's side thing. Right now Tobi is the biggest threat to the shinobi world, Sasuke's duel with Naruto is somewhat less important. This leaves two choices: Sasuke and Naruto settle first, then Tobi is dealt with, or Tobi is dealt with and the Sasuke and Naruto square off.

I can't see anyway that Sasuke would be removed from the story until the very end, so Naruto dealing with him on the road to Tobi is out unless Sasuke comes around after and helps Naruto against Tobi. The other option where Naruto finishes Tobi and then has to face Sasuke is also anti-climactic, as that plot thread has been so marginalized by the whole ninja war thing.

In the end I really don't see a way out of this involving a direct life and death climactic battle between Naruto and Sasuke. Regardless of what details are written in the manga the writers will always make things move in the way they think delivers the best climax for the series. (Not to mention placing an older brother in reverence who spent his entire life deceiving everyone around him makes it really easy for dues ex machina "I was only acting" moments.)

On a side not anyone who is posting on this fantasy video game Forum about how I am thinking too much about a shonen manga should probably go and re-examine their life.

Kumo
11-14-2011, 02:41 PM
I always kinda thought that Sasuke was just playing Tobi for a fool to get more power, just like he played Orochimaru. Sasuke was just putting on a very convincing face for him. Though now that he's had Itachi's eyes put in, I wonder how he'll change. Maybe we'll see the 5 Kage get their asses handed to them by Madara, and then Sasuke will save the day and defeat them? Though will Sasuke have the eternal sharingan now that he's gotten his brother eyes? Or will he be at a different level due to having Ameterasu before? We'll see soon I guess.