PDA

View Full Version : A Link to the Past, in 3D!

Rostum
11-11-2011, 03:29 AM
Nintendo Interested In A 3D Remake Of Zelda: A Link To The Past - News - www.GameInformer.com (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/11/10/nintendo-interested-in-a-3d-remake-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past.aspx)

So, yeah. I'm not sure what to make of this. I'd rather see perhaps a nice hand painted / watercolour high-res 2D world than a 3D one.

What does everyone else think?

Slothy
11-11-2011, 03:53 AM
I think your idea sounds infinitely better than Nintendo's. Sorry Nintendo, but if I want to play a 3D Zelda that will probably play exactly like Ocarina of Time, I'll start up Ocarina for about five minutes, then shut it off so I can play Majora's Mask instead.

We don't need yet another OoT clone, and A Link to the Past was better anyway. Pretty it up some more, maybe add some new secrets to find and areas to explore, or some post game content and leave well enough alone. You don't top perfection by changing it.

So yeah, I hope this never gets made.

Pike
11-11-2011, 04:19 AM
I also prefer Rostom's idea over the one mentioned in the article. But then I'm a sucker for a well-done watercolor world.

Confession: I actually always liked the 3D Zeldas better

ljkkjlcm9
11-11-2011, 04:25 AM
Uhm from what I understand, it's making the 2D game 3D, because it already has multiple "layers" like the mountains and such. Not a full on 3D remake in the sense of Ocarina of Time. On top of that it's already been stated that the next Zelda on the 3DS will be a new one, before they do anymore ports/remakes, and that Majora's Mask is also a potential 3D upgrade.

THE JACKEL

Rostum
11-11-2011, 04:33 AM
But then I'm a sucker for a well-done watercolor world.
Mmmm... Legend of Mana.

Uhm from what I understand, it's making the 2D game 3D, because it already has multiple "layers" like the mountains and such. Not a full on 3D remake in the sense of Ocarina of Time. On top of that it's already been stated that the next Zelda on the 3DS will be a new one, before they do anymore ports/remakes, and that Majora's Mask is also a potential 3D upgrade.

THE JACKEL

Ah, that makes a little more sense and would be really cool. But yeah I heard they were doing a brand new Zelda 3DS game, I wonder if it'll be along the lines of the Wind Waker / Phantom Hourglass / Spirit Tracks route. And a Majora's Mask port would be great too.

In either case I hope they up the res for ALttP, I can imagine it'd be a bit of work to do though.

NorthernChaosGod
11-11-2011, 08:06 AM
I may just have to get a 3DS if they do this and Majora's Mask. My two favorite Zelda games remade for a handheld? I think so.

Bubba
11-11-2011, 10:58 AM
This excites me far more than the thought of OoT in 3D. A Link to the Past is by far my favourite Zelda of all time. I may have to purchase a 3DS myself if this ever comes to fruition.

Clocked a personal best on a SNES run through recently. 3 hours 45 mins (all items, hearts, bombs, arrows). Pretty chuffed with myself but I'm sure it can be done faster. Anyone else got the beating of this time?

Bolivar
11-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure they're talking about highlighting the depth of things, like the picture in the article of Link on a bridge over a stream, or the varying height inside the dungeons.

And I think that would be pretty awesome. I'm not too keen on a 3D-only portable but Nintendo's surely had a couple titles that make the system worth it IMO.

Del Murder
11-11-2011, 06:17 PM
I like the idea of a 3D remake. I like when remakes actually redesign the game rather than just being ports with a few upgrades (like OOT 3DS and the upcoming FFX HD). FFIII DS, FFIV DS, and Tactics Ogre PSP are good examples of this.

Rostum
11-21-2011, 11:09 PM
If it were something like this it'd be pretty cool.

The Legend of Zelda - A flight over Hyrule - YouTube (http://youtu.be/lm8XSdMdJ3w?hd=1)

Del Murder
11-21-2011, 11:18 PM
That would be cool!

Bolivar
11-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Wow, that's exactly like what I imagined the guy meant in the interview. Sucks this kid got shut down, but maybe his intention will be realized if this idea goes through.