PDA

View Full Version : The other game with "Sky" in the title. [Zelda]

KentaRawr!
11-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I skimmed the threads list for a thread on this and couldn't find one, soooo!

Here's a trailer for it if you're interested: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Origins Trailer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL6fOoX9ilE)

So far it's pretty cool. I got a copy early, and I just completed the first dungeon. It feels pretty typical for a Zelda game, really, but there are some neat differences. Mainly, the overworld. The sky really is a lot like Wind Waker's ocean, but at the same time there are a lot of places on land to explore. Right now I don't really get what the main conflict is, but Link is from Skyloft, a sky place, and has to rescue the land below. So basically the overworld has towns and shops, and the underworld has monsters. This set-up kinda makes areas that would normally be overworld areas in any other Zelda game more intricate, kinda like in the GBC Zeldas, and I like that. Also, if you find special cubes in the underworld, then a treasure chest will unlock in the overworld, which I think is neat. And when going to the underworld you can choose to pop up at any of the save points you've found so far, making travel a lot easier.

One thing I thought was interesting was that the first boss actually didn't use that dungeon's item, and instead entirely focused on swordplay. I thought that was pretty cool, especially when the boss told me to stop "telegraphing my moves". :P

I'm also excited to see how this game fits into the overall Zelda storyline. Certain characters have Sheikah emblems on them, and I've seen one of the old Hint statues from OoT already. One thing I think is interesting is that so far, they've only referred to ONE Goddess, and she apparently made the Skyward Sword. I don't want to spoil anything, but if you play the game I think you'll kinda be confused by that when you see what the sword looks like. Also worth noting is that a lot of the areas have the same names as in Twilight Princess, like the Faron Woods, for example.

The soundtrack is really pretty, by the way. It's mostly orchestrated, except for certain areas, but it's hard to notice the difference. It also has that "BANG you hit the enemy" noise from Wind Waker, which I welcome. :3

The art style's kinda cool, too. An obvious mix between WW and TP. Certain textures are meant to look kinda like a watercolor painting, and when things are further away a filter is kinda put over them that makes them look watercolor-y. It's obviously meant to hide the Wii's lack of graphical power, but it looks cool anyway and I find myself kinda moving away from stuff to see what they look like with the filter.

What I think is interesting is that even though this game is meant to take place before all the other Zelda games, it makes it very clear that there's a mythos behind THIS game's world, making room for prequels. I wouldn't be surprised if Minish Cap takes place right after this though, and then there'll have to be a game which bridges Minish Cap and the rest of the series, if they even care about the timeline that is.

Also, the controls totally work fine, unless you just suck with Wiimotes. :P

But yeah, it's cool. I was lucky and got my copy early, but you guys will be playing soon enough. :3 Anyone else excited/impressed/totally hating this game?

NorthernChaosGod
11-13-2011, 10:25 PM
I need to actually get a Wii now for this. It looks awesome.

blackmage_nuke
11-13-2011, 10:30 PM
I was hoping this would be about http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d4/Skyroads-screenshot-of-gameplay.png

KentaRawr!
11-13-2011, 10:51 PM
I need to actually get a Wii now for this. It looks awesome.

The controls might be a bit hard to get the hang of if you haven't played other Wii games. There's been a bit of a learning curve, even for me. So be sure to get lots of practice with WiiSports Resort if you do get a Wii. :P

NorthernChaosGod
11-13-2011, 10:54 PM
I don't own one, but I have played Wii games. :p

Vincent, Thunder God
11-13-2011, 11:17 PM
I was hoping this would be about http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d4/Skyroads-screenshot-of-gameplay.png

I was hoping it was about Beneath a Steel Sky.

demondude
11-13-2011, 11:26 PM
I've heard that this is amazing but I don't have M+. Lots of people saying it's better than OOT so that's pretty impressive.

Bolivar
11-14-2011, 02:19 AM
I thought you meant the recently released Spyro Skylanders!!!

Glad you're enjoying the game, though. Agree with NorthernChaosGod that this is a reason to own a Wii. Also love how Nintendo seems to be following up on Kirby's Epic Yarn by showing you can have great graphics without trying to cram as many pixels as possible into something. I'm also interested in the timeline aspects since I think Nintendo has came out and said this game is trying to do something with that. Pretty much everything about it's been really interesting so far.

KentaRawr!
11-14-2011, 02:40 AM
Here's a commercial for the game with Robin Williams!

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: Robin Williams "Origins" Commerical - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4TMo4VLVW24)

This is the second Zelda advertisement he's done, the first one being for Ocarina of Time on the 3DS, with his daughter, Zelda, whom he named after the video game series.

For realz, he named his daughter Zelda.

Wolf Kanno
11-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Man, I'm still trying to get my head around the idea it comes out this month. It just kind of seems like it went from "in development, here's a concept picture" to "hey it comes out in a few days". It's looking awesome so far. Can't wait to pick it up.

The Man
11-14-2011, 08:11 AM
So far it's pretty cool. I got a copy earlyyou lucky son of a bitch

This may end up being the first game I wind up getting at launch in years. I still haven't finished Twilight Princess though; I guess I should do that.

Bolivar
11-14-2011, 01:26 PM
That commercial is incredibly classy.

KentaRawr!
11-15-2011, 11:28 PM
One thing that's worth noting, the dungeons themselves are designed a bit differently. There seems to be only a locked door or two in each dungeon. I just noticed this while I was playing earlier. The level design is really captivating, though. Very creative all around. But don't rely on Dowsing, or you'll just confuse yourself. :P

Edit: Aaaand here's the main theme of the game backwards. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rHYbRfQeBA&feature=related

Depression Moon
11-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Dowsing?

Rostum
11-16-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm really excited for this game. I am going to have to wait a bit longer for it though, due to it being shipped from the UK. If I wanted to buy the Limited Edition from Australia or the US, I'd be looking at spending $150+ but from the UK I got it for $70 with free shipping!

Bolivar
11-16-2011, 01:05 AM
One thing that's worth noting, the dungeons themselves are designed a bit differently. There seems to be only a locked door or two in each dungeon. I just noticed this while I was playing earlier. The level design is really captivating, though. Very creative all around.

Would you say they've dialed back on the puzzle aspects?

KentaRawr!
11-16-2011, 02:03 AM
Dowsing?

It's this power that your companion, Fi, can use to track down important items and characters. Basically it lets you know which direction is the right way to go, but since it's just a radar, it doesn't take things like walls into consideration. So if you're trying to follow the Dowsing readings excessively, you'll end up confusing yourself.

Edit: And no, they definitely haven't dialed back on the puzzle aspects. Rather, the dungeon's layouts just changed in general, and for some reason has veered away from using keys and locked doors.

TrollHunter
11-16-2011, 03:56 AM
Now I wish I still had my wii, im such a zelda hoe... -has beaten minish cap at least 700000 times-

Vincent, Thunder God
11-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Pretty neat that the original Zelda's lullaby theme is reversed to create the Skyward Sword theme. I'm really looking forward to snagging a copy for Christmas! :D

Shlup
12-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Who else is playing this? If you're not, why do you suck so hard?

I just started last night. I preordered the damn thing, but it took over a week to get here, and I've been so busy with work that I haven't been able to immerse myself as I'd like. But last night I said fuck it, pulled my gaming chair up to my TV, stroked my gold Wii remote a bit, and started the game.

I haven't gotten very far yet, but I love Zelda and the dash feature has been fun.

Pike
12-04-2011, 11:23 PM
If you're not, why do you suck so hard?

Because I don't have a Wii. :(

Rostum
12-05-2011, 12:29 AM
I have been playing it. I'm only up to the third temple though, or at least nearly there. I'm absolutely loving the game. There are a few graphical glitches, and the controls aren't the best, but it does not even matter because I'm having so much fun with the game. The characterisations of Link and Zelda are the best in the series, their reactions towards each other throughout the game thus far have been incredible cute and endearing.

Edge7
12-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Currently on the sixth dungeon (in the classic sense of the term at least). Loving the game so far. I only wish there was as much exploration in the skies as there were in Wind Waker's Great Sea.

Bubba
12-05-2011, 02:30 AM
My new girlfriend insisted on buying this as a Christmas present for me... that being the case I now have to wait three weeks before even starting this game... as much as I appreciate her amazing gesture... I'm pissed off to the max that I've got to wait that long before experiencing this...

I Took the Red Pill
12-05-2011, 02:40 AM
Yes. It's been a great experience so far. I love the fluidity of the motions and the artistic style.

Wolf Kanno
12-05-2011, 04:14 AM
Finishing a second playthrough of Twilight Princess instead, but I have my copy, it's just going to be awhile with the holidays and finals. I've been looking forward to it because TP was a fantastic game (tied with LttP as my favorite) so I'm pretty sure this game won't disappoint.

Del Murder
12-05-2011, 04:19 AM
I'm waiting for Christmas. :)

Bubba
12-05-2011, 09:13 AM
TP was a fantastic game (tied with LttP as my favorite)My thoughts exactly...

Kalilung
12-05-2011, 11:32 AM
It's eaten all of my free time. So wonderful.

Gotta agree with Rostum that the characterization is the best I've seen in any of the Legend of Zelda games. For once, the game is less about duty and more about friendship.

Jessweeee♪
12-05-2011, 03:36 PM
I heard that you need Wii Motion plus to play this game or something like that :confused:

Necronopticous
12-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Skyward Bored

Marshall Banana
12-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Skyward Bored

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7914255/berrymotes/fistrage.gif

KentaRawr!
12-05-2011, 09:47 PM
I already made a thread on this, you thief!

KentaRawr!
12-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Those time crystals are da bomb. :P

Shlup
12-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Well maybe if you didn't make a ridiculous title so that I could actually find it when I searched, you butt! I will merge them.

I heard that you need Wii Motion plus to play this game or something like that :confused:
Yeah, you do. You can get it as an attachment to an old Wii remote or you can get a remote with it inside. I was just happy to have an excuse to buy the special edition so I could get the gold remote!

Skyward Bored
Sometimes I just don't know what is wrong with you.

Necronopticous
12-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Sometimes I just don't know what is wrong with you.
I'm spoiled by the good Zelda game. http://www.nesmaps.com/maps/Zelda/sprites/ZeldaSpriteLinkFront.gif

Shlup
12-06-2011, 12:10 AM
I swear to god you are the king of the fucking hipsters. You don't even have to wear the uniform, it just emanates from your soul.

Rostum
12-06-2011, 12:32 AM
I think it's safe to assume that if you're a Zelda fan and you don't like Skyward Sword then there's something seriously wrong with you.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-06-2011, 12:44 AM
I want to play this, but don't own a Wii and I will not buy Wii Motion and the game.

I might borrow a Wii and get Xenoblade Chronicles when it comes out.

Necronopticous
12-06-2011, 12:46 AM
I haven't actually played or even seen this game at all, so I'm working on literally zero basis right now.

KentaRawr!
12-07-2011, 01:50 AM
I think it's safe to assume that if you're a Zelda fan and you don't like Skyward Sword then there's something seriously wrong with you.

Don't browse Gamefaqs, whatever you do. Anyone posting on the Zelda board there hates this game. It's the same way every time; Game comes out, last game becomes loved, new game becomes hated. It happened with WW, TP, and now SS. :P

Rostum
12-07-2011, 12:10 PM

Don't browse Gamefaqs, whatever you do. Anyone posting on the Zelda board there hates this game. It's the same way every time; Game comes out, last game becomes loved, new game becomes hated. It happened with WW, TP, and now SS. :P

I generally avoid the place like the plague, only checking FAQ's every now and then.

drotato
12-07-2011, 01:24 PM
I want a wii just for this game. o 3o

Wolf Kanno
12-07-2011, 05:23 PM

Yeah, I noticed this trend since OT came out. I can't quite fathom why. The real amusing thing is when they bitch about one game for not doing something they want, like WW, and then decry the next title for doing what they did want and instead they bitch about it being too similar... :roll2

NorthernChaosGod
12-08-2011, 08:10 PM
This makes me want the game even more.

Skyward Sword is Serious Business - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFt0uhQoOqM)

Edge7
12-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Best Skyward Sword Video ever.

Shlup
12-16-2011, 01:35 AM
Well now don't I feel like a lazy piece of crap.

Nice
12-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Ordered a Wii just for this game. The video btw is freaking awesome!

Vincent, Thunder God
12-26-2011, 05:25 PM
I was hoping to get this for Christmas, but it was sold out, so I got a Blu-Ray instead.... :/

Del Murder
12-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Just started it! So far bored, mostly because the first hour of every Zelda game is freaking boring because you have to invent a new way to get the sword and also learn the control scheme. Why can't I just start with the damn sword?

I did enjoy rolling pots though.

Edge7
12-31-2011, 05:30 AM
Beat the game recently. All in all it was a good game, but I don't understand the praise the game gets. Points I will give the game are it's dungeon designs particularly Sky Keep, and any levels involving time gems, and Groose, who's essentially the Zelda equivalent of Kazuma Kuwabara. Was I the only person who liked Navi more than Fi. Navi might say useless stuff, but at least it's not mandatory to listen to.

Shlup
01-02-2012, 12:50 AM
No, I think everyone prefers Navi to Fi. Navi would ask for you attention, where Fi demands it only to say something ridiculously obvious. Every freaking time you beat a temple there's that cut scene, and then she goes back into the sword, and then she pops right back out to describe to you what just happened. I was there, bitch!

I want to murder her.

I'm currently in the third room of the third temple. Overall I'm enjoying the game very much, despite a few glaring flaws (mostly the fact that I am fully aware of what an amber relic is at this point thank you game).

Edge7
01-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Overall I'm enjoying the game very much, despite a few glaring flaws (mostly the fact that I am fully aware of what an amber relic is at this point thank you game).
:frust:

Shlup
01-05-2012, 08:24 AM
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1880/ocarinaoftimeshift.png

http://operatorchan.org/k/src/k315689_mind%20blown.gif

Zeldy
01-13-2012, 02:19 AM
this game is so good. I was teased for weeks and weeks in work as we sell it, but my housemate had took home her wii for christmas, so what was a girl to do? I had to endure the Zelda theme being played repetitively from the Wii stand advertising Skyward Sword and also the 3DS Ocarina.

However, It was better than hearing Brian Blessed advertise a Mario game though, the amount of times I've heard 'SMASHING THROUGH YOUR LIVINGROOM LIKE AN APE SMASHING THROUGH YOUR LIVING ROOM', on about a donkey kong game that came out ages ago, BUT ITS STILL THE SAME ADVERTISMENTS.

Zelda's great though; just upto the 2nd temple now. It's just so preetty.

Bubba
01-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Zelda's great though; just upto the 2nd temple now. It's just so preetty.

Funnily enough Zeldy, I'm at the exact same point in the game and agree that it's great so far. I agree with Del that the first hour of obligatory "hand-holding" by Nintendo is annoying but since getting to Faron Woods I've loved every minute of it. That first dungeon looked amazing.

Is anyone else a bit obsessed with catching bugs and birds? I reckon half my total time on the game so far has been hunting with my net!

I'm easily distracted by mini-games so I need to force myself to carry on with the main quest. The same thing happened to me in FFX. I only went on it to play games of Blitzball... forgot completely what was happening in the main quest!

Shlup
01-19-2012, 01:19 AM
I barely beat the third trial after making a couple of grievous errors.

So I've got all but the last three tears, at the lowest points on the volcano. I go down there to get them, and I still can't find the final tear. I get a good vantage point and finally see it... at the top of the volcano. Not just at the top, but in the middle of that part where you have to slide down and you can't really stop unless you hit a flat spot or an air vent.

So I'm about to grab the second-to-last tear, the one where you have to swing on the rope, and I know I have 90 seconds to get to the top of the volcano. I grab the tear, jump down... and immediately run into one of the tattle tale spotlight guys.

I'm yelling at the screen and running from guardians, dodge several, make it to the top, slide down... and don't see it. I try again, still being chased, and outright miss it.

I swear half of that trial was me screaming and running from guardians trying to get that last damn tear. One of them took a swing at me right as I touched it.

I have decided that this makes me a badass rather than an idiot. I am so great. Go me.

I hate being chased.

Del Murder
04-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Just beat Skyward Sword. I had just gotten up to the end, but then my Wii Motion Plus add-on crapped out on me and I had to buy another (got the built-in Wiimote this time).

This was a fun game, and it was the best use of the motion controls I've seen yet. The problem is, I think I'm totally over motion controls. I much prefer the standard controller + buttons approach. Being able to aim and slash your sword was fun, but it wore thin, especially in fights that require you to slash in a particular direction and then immediately slash in another particular direction (like all the final battles). I found that moving my controller into proper position to do my second slash counted as another slash, which was in the wrong direction and ended up getting me hurt.

The final battles were also pretty lackluster. They were certainly a great test of your slashing and dodging abilities, but that's all they were. There's something unfulfilling about final battles that involve these ultra-powerful villains slowly moving towards you with their sword in various parrying poses. These battles were way too slow paced and that was mostly due to the fact that the motion control mechanic dictated it. I'm also disappointed that none of Link's sub-items had any use in the final battle. In most Zelda games the bow at the very least is used. Some of the bosses were pretty fun (the magma rock, the scorpion, the octopus), but the final ones did not deliver.

The game was visually stunning, and I think this graphical style is my favorite outside the original. I liked the sky elements and the addition of a couple new races, but nothing about this game felt new or revolutionary to me. It was mostly just a combination of elements from OoT, WW, and TP. I was hoping this game would be what A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time were to it's predecessors, but it didn't go far enough. Even Wind Waker was more innovative in terms of the Zelda formula and atmosphere (though not my favorite direction).

Freya
04-19-2012, 07:48 AM
I am late to the party. I had to steal my sisters Wii and then the disc drive is going out, and I'm poor BUT FINALLY I GOT THIS GAME. I freaking love zelda so i'm surprised it took me this long. I haven't got too far but I have to say this is probably the best wii game in regards to motion i've played so far. I'm excited to play this more so cause god the combat the flying oh gawd so good.

Roto13
04-19-2012, 04:40 PM
I liked this game a lot, but I think it wasn't as consistent as other Zeldas. Skyward Sword has some really high highs and pretty low lows. They managed to do one thing they've never done before in a Zelda. They made a bad boss. :P The Imprisoned. So terrible. And you had to fight it like three times or something. Ugh. I also didn't like the light drop collecting parts. I liked them in Twilight Princess but they sucked with a time limit and occasional forced stealth. Other than those little complaints, I enjoyed it. I liked the dungeons (especially the Ancient Cistern, oh my god, an awesome water dungeon, who knew that was possible) and I liked that every dungeon had its own pre-dungeon to find it. :P Some people don't appreciate that and dare to call it "filler" but those people are clearly idiots.

Fi needs to shut up sometimes, though. Yak yak yak yak yak, yes, sweetheart, I know how explore and stuff. I can solve puzzles on my own. Leave me alone. I did like her design and her character. Especially at the end. ("Thank you, Master Link. May we meet again in another life..." ;__; )

Fynn
04-19-2012, 04:48 PM
I liked dowsing. :)

Marshall Banana
06-13-2012, 07:35 AM
So far this is the worst game I've ever played. I've clocked only three hours so far, but...holy poop!

I've heard good things about Skyward Sword, so I wanted to play it. I bought it Sunday afternoon on a whim, and I was unaware that Wii MotionPlus was required (never even heard of it prior to buying this game). I came home late on Sunday night after leaving MLG and tried to play Skyward Sword. I couldn't!

Since when do games require accessories!? I was fuming.

Finally, tonight, after getting a new controller with MotionPlus built in as well as a new nunchuk (I couldn't find my original one and assume it was lost in the move), I was able to play a few hours of Skyward Sword.

Why does Link have a stamina gauge!? Why is there a penalty for lifting heavy things and running? Why does Link get tired and out-of-breath? I thought I was playing a video game. D=
Controlling my bird during the chase was very hard and also exhausting for my arm.
Diving into a circle after the ceremony was also very hard. Attempting it over and over again was not fun. I was in awe at what I was being forced to do in order to progress.
Swinging my arm every time I wanted to slash something was frustrating. I JUST WANT TO USE BUTTONS. PLEASE. Motion controls are poop. They are not winning me over!
Why is the replacement for Navi a ghostly robot-girl?
I still haven't seen a dungeon. I thought the first place I landed on the "surface" would be the first dungeon. I go all the way to the bottom of the "Sealed Grounds," strike some...thing, run all the way back up the hills and into the ruins, and an old hermit tells me I have to go somewhere else.

This is not a good first impression. D=

Bubba
06-13-2012, 08:24 AM
The dungeons in Skyward Sword were definitely one of the highlights for me. As with most modern Zelda games... the first few hours are by far the worst. Give it a chance though as it really is an excellent game. Although, if you're not keen on the control system then it may put you off.

It isn't my favourite in the series but it is still an excellent entry.

KentaRawr!
06-13-2012, 12:59 PM
If you're new to motion controls it's definitely going to feel weird. My friends were trying to swing their arms super wildly when they first played. The best thing you can do is try to be as lazy as you possibly can. If you put in too much effort you'll tire yourself out, and your larger motion is more likely to be inaccurate. :p So find a good way to sit, and try to keep the controller as close to your lap as you can, in a relaxing way. At least, that's how I do it. It makes combat so much easier.

Edit: Oh, and the diving part shouldn't be that hard, at least not from what I remember. :O Imagine that Link himself is the remote there. So if your controller is perfectly level, Link will fly straight down, because he's level. Tilt it forward so Link'll tilt forward and whatnot.

Skyblade
06-13-2012, 02:06 PM
If you're new to motion controls it's definitely going to feel weird. My friends were trying to swing their arms super wildly when they first played. The best thing you can do is try to be as lazy as you possibly can. If you put in too much effort you'll tire yourself out, and your larger motion is more likely to be inaccurate. :p So find a good way to sit, and try to keep the controller as close to your lap as you can, in a relaxing way. At least, that's how I do it. It makes combat so much easier.

It also makes motion controls pointless and gimmicky.

Buttons, please!

KentaRawr!
06-13-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm not sure if buttons would've really worked with what this game was trying to do, though. :o But anyway, it really is a fantastic game if you can get used to the controls. Give it a shot. :3

Fynn
06-13-2012, 02:47 PM
I loved the controls :)

Del Murder
06-13-2012, 02:50 PM
I agree that motion controls are too gimmicky and I would have preferred a Zelda game without them. But stick with it at least through the first dungeon (you should be close) because it does get fun.

Marshall Banana
06-13-2012, 04:32 PM
I'll stick with it. D=

The game costed me too much money not to. XD

Del Murder
06-13-2012, 05:09 PM
I will say that the first two hours of this game were some of the most boring of any game I've played in a long while. Most Zelda games are slow to start but this one was exceptionally bad.

Shlup
06-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Scumbag Lamonda: Buys motion controled game, complains that it's motion controlled.

Fi is the worst thing in the history of gaming, and no one likes a stamina gauge. Other than that I liked it though. Well, and the last boss battle was really hard with the motion controls. But the rest of the boss battles were quite fun, and I liked the motion control overall--it just takes some getting used to. They probably should've omitted things where you had to slash a certain direction quickly.

The storyline and the characterizations of Link and Zelda were sooo cute though.

Marshall Banana
06-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Scumbag Lamonda: Buys motion controled game, complains that it's motion controlled.
i h8 u 4ever now

NorthernChaosGod
06-14-2012, 12:53 AM
Since when do games require accessories!? I was fuming.

I remember newer games on the N64 required the expansion pack to run. It's not like this is new for Nintendo. :p

Marshall Banana
06-14-2012, 01:47 AM
I believe you, but I've never before taken home a game, anxiously put it in my console, and found out that I had to buy additional equipment in order to play. It's a horrible feeling!

:kaocry2:

NorthernChaosGod
06-14-2012, 03:48 AM
I had that happen to me once when I rented a game for the N64. They didn't even have the expansion pack to give out so I had to trade the game for something else. D:

KentaRawr!
06-14-2012, 12:46 PM

Fi is the worst thing in the history of gaming, and no one likes a stamina gauge. Other than that I liked it though. Well, and the last boss battle was really hard with the motion controls. But the rest of the boss battles were quite fun, and I liked the motion control overall--it just takes some getting used to. They probably should've omitted things where you had to slash a certain direction quickly.

The storyline and the characterizations of Link and Zelda were sooo cute though.

It was so much cuter in Spirit Tracks.

So much cuter.

Wolf Kanno
06-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Well now that I am done with Xenoblade, I should probably start this game finally. My Wii is hooked up to my main TV, and apparently The Last Story will be released in a month anyway, so I should take this opportunity to finally play the latest Zelda entry, I was actually doing another playthrough of Twilight Princess last winter so I'm pretty much still in a Zelda groove.

Bubba
06-14-2012, 10:12 PM
I preferred Twilight Princess but Skyward Sword is still a great game. While your Wii is up and running definitely give it a whirl.

I guarantee it won't take you as long as Xenoblade Chronicles.

Marshall Banana
06-15-2012, 07:26 AM
I destroyed every one of some dude's pumpkins. I hope he starves!

Shlup
06-15-2012, 10:03 AM
I threw the cat thing off the edge of Skyloft before I ever found out it was a whore.

Marshall Banana
06-24-2012, 11:57 PM
I made it through the first dungeon today and defeated the Dragon Ball Z boss. It's really weird that I acquired the ruby tablet from Deep Woods, though. :confused:

The first dungeon was very reminiscent of the Water Temple from OoT (also kind of weird). :confused:

I think I finally have the hang of flying, at least!