PDA

View Full Version : Uprootin'

Jiro
11-14-2011, 12:11 PM
If you had to put down whatever you're holding right now, get in the car and go somewhere else to start your life over, where would you go?

Now I know some of you have significant others and that's alright they can come too. If you have a kid or two then they're coming along for the ride.

But you seriously just have to walk away and start afresh.

What would you do? Where would you go? Would you change your name and try and be someone else? This is an opportunity guys, make use of it.

I would move to the UK and start working in a bar. I would try and join a local football club and have a bit of a go at making it somewhere. Bit late to start now but who knows. Working in a bar is alright because I can meet a fancy lady who might have a bit of cash, then I would be alright.

And if it all went pear shaped I would bugger off to Europe somewhere and become a con artist.

Loony BoB
11-14-2011, 12:18 PM
I would move to the UK and start working in a bar.
:D

I would move to New Zealand. This is fairly easy for me. I intend on picking everything up and going back there at some point anyway.

Jiro
11-14-2011, 01:52 PM
I would move to the UK and start working in a bar.
:D

It's every Australian's deep hidden dream to return to the motherland and work in a bar. Don't know why. I just think it's a good place to pick up.

Old Manus
11-14-2011, 01:58 PM
It's funny because if you asked any young person in the UK where they'd like to move away to, they'd say Australia.

I'd move to Johannesburg because I hear they employ black people to collect the golf balls at driving ranges and rich white men get to try and hit them and I'd totally be down for that

Pike
11-14-2011, 03:07 PM
I'd move to the UK for obvious reasons (*cough* boyfriend *cough*)

Assuming he was coming with me and we could go anywhere, then I dunno. Is the moon Enceladus an option?

Jessweeee♪
11-14-2011, 03:33 PM
New Mexico! Nothing special about it, I just like the weather. Also is it just me, or is New Mexico the least mentioned state of all time? But if I was really starting over and going by myself to a place where nobody knows me, I'd probably go somewhere further up north to a place that actually has a winter season, just to be thorough with the change.

Loony BoB
11-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Assuming he was coming with me and we could go anywhere, then I dunno. Is the moon Enceladus an option?
Absolutely! But I can only imagine that you'll be dead within seconds.

Rye
11-14-2011, 03:48 PM
I'd really like to try life in Seattle, actually. I'm fascinated by the place.

Freya
11-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Alaska. I want a pet bear that I can ride around on.

Psychotic
11-14-2011, 05:35 PM
A cave somewhere. I want to be a decrepit hermit.

Peegee
11-14-2011, 06:18 PM
In this hypothetical universe, do border and immigration laws apply? Either way I would cash out my money and...

If yes - I'm moving to Baffin Island
If no - I'm moving to Sweden or Norway
If no - but it has to be realistic, I would move to Hawaii. Or Montana.

Fujiko
11-14-2011, 07:26 PM
I'd move to New Zealand with Mike/o_O :snuggle: and work as a paintress and have my own beautiful flower garden~ I'd be selling my paintings as well as the flowers~ <3

I would also work in a wildlife reserve to help save and protect the kiwi bird and kakapo~ :kakapo: :heart:

NorthernChaosGod
11-14-2011, 07:31 PM
I'd just move to LA and try to make it in Hollywood. :monster:

Miriel
11-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Move to the country side somewhere pretty like Italy or France and make pastries.

I'd only do that for a year or two though, just for a change of pace. I'd always come back to California though.

Pumpkin
11-14-2011, 09:14 PM
I would move to France and become a cheese connoisseur.

Laddy
11-15-2011, 12:16 AM
I live in the USA so we have real places to go to.

I would go to New York, get into the local film and theater scene, buy some awesome clothes and a high-rise apartment. I'd invite over EoFFers and we'd have a very selective game of Twister.

Iceglow
11-15-2011, 01:14 AM
If I was to uproot and go anywhere? Well that depends. I'd love to uproot and wind up somewhere like Thailand or Hawaii owning my own tattoo shop with a mohawk going on. Riding around on some kind of motorcycle.

I could totally give my life up and do that tomorrow, if only I could draw to do the tattoo's. Maybe I could own a bar and have Dak come work in it? It wouldn't be in England but I'd make him call me "Warden" and that should suffice.

nik0tine
11-15-2011, 01:50 AM
Also is it just me, or is New Mexico the least mentioned state of all time?It would be the least mentioned state if it wasn't so common for people to mention that New Mexico is never mentioned. I'd say the least mentioned state is probably some place like Wyoming.

Jessweeee♪
11-15-2011, 01:53 AM
Also is it just me, or is New Mexico the least mentioned state of all time?It would be the least mentioned state if it wasn't so common for people to mention that New Mexico is never mentioned. I'd say the least mentioned state is probably some place like Wyoming.

Naw, Wyoming is mentioned more for not being mentioned than New Mexico is. Now that I think about it, maybe Delaware deserves the title.

Shiny
11-15-2011, 01:58 AM
I'd move to California since that's where the majority of film production studios are. I'd probably start out interning and assisting before actually getting a job in the industry, but I already have a secure internship at the place I'm working at now (which is also located in Cali and Nawlins) if I do plan on moving there.

Madonna
11-15-2011, 06:35 AM
New Mexico can be fun. Do you like hiking? Do you like drinking? Do you like diarrhea-inducing food? Do you like a good music scene? Do you like drugs? If you answered yes to at least two of these things, New Mexico is good enough for you. Three plus just means you deserve to live in the best state of the Southwest. Weather in New Mexico is interesting. Live in Albuquerque nets you the most bland weather in the state, with little rain, less snow, and even clouds like to avoid it; perpetually good weather. Anywhere else? Expect everything and expect it to cut you off from the rest of the world when it happens.

What is all this mess about "if"? I moved to Maryland with nothing but a backpack, New Mexico with nothing but a truck bed of stuff, and Hawaii with four trunks and four duffel bags. Best way of making crazy things happen is to up and do them. Abandoning an identity is a bit of work when it is so easy to maintain contact with people all over the world. Bill can change his name, but Stephan is still going to have Bill's friends on Facebook, and heavens help Stephan if he still posts on EoFF.

Pheesh
11-15-2011, 07:35 AM
I'm actually thinking of doing this for reals maybe this time next year, but my choice would be either New York or Los Angeles. Maybe they're not the cities I'd enjoy the most in USA but after living in Perth for your whole life you kinda crave a big city with a music scene that isn't absolute balls.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-15-2011, 06:30 PM
I always ramble about retiring to New Zealand.

If I just finally snap, I'll wind up in the wilderness of Cambodia.

Shlup
11-15-2011, 10:19 PM
I have put serious effort into trying to get BJ to move to Japan. I would love to live there. It's rare to be so sure of things in this life.

If I'm ever widowed, you can bet I'll be packing up as soon as I'm done being all mega heartbroken.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-16-2011, 02:02 AM
I think that, realistically, I could do this no problem. Get in my car and leave this whole life behind? Yeah I could do that. I'd probably go to Canada, for no other reason than Mexico is icky and Canada wouldn't have a warrant out for my arrest, like the whole country would if I up and left right now.

From there I would create a whole new identity. 'Twould be pretty sweet, actually.

Bubba
11-16-2011, 09:53 AM
I would move to the Antarctic and build a huge palace made of ice (with carpet) and shelter as many penguins as I could.

I would also change my name to Captain Marmaduke Bagglehole and grow a bushy beard...