PDA

View Full Version : Things I don't like

Jiro
11-14-2011, 12:59 PM
I don't like pull doors. Push doors I am fine with. Slide doors I am fine with. Automatic and those revolving doors I am okay with. I don't like pull doors. Bad experiences.

I don't like people who drive really slow. It's understandable if the conditions are bad, but come on guys. Most of them drive like maniacs when it's wet anyway.

I don't like really loud people. I should always be the centre of attention. There is such a thing as an inside voice, regardless of where you are. It makes me sound crotchety and old but I can't stand it when some bitch just starts screaming in my ear when her friend is sitting next to her. Goddamn, chill the fuck out.

I also don't like seagulls. They nick your chips and then shit on you. Bastards.

This thread doesn't really have a topic so have at it. I just wanted to complain :jess:

Loony BoB
11-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Stringers - People who walk side-by-side in front of you at a very slow pace, usually in numbers of three or more.

Chewing gum. Because it tends to lead to chewing gum on the floor, under seats, etc. Also, chewing gum being chewed in obnoxiously loud ways.

And yes, really loud people are indeed annoying.

Jiro
11-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Stringers - People who walk side-by-side in front of you at a very slow pace, usually in numbers of three or more.

Oh god this. Especially bad in shopping centres. Especially bad when there's limited walking width they have a fucking trolley and won't move. I could glass people for this sort of behaviour.

Miriel
11-14-2011, 01:20 PM
I hate it when you're sitting in a fairly empty room/dining hall/movie theater and of all the multitudes of empty seats, these smurfers choose to sit RIGHT next to you. Not even leaving a polite 1 chair space difference! WTF??

I also get annoyed at people who repeat stories that are obviously not true. It just seems ignorant. It's not that hard to look things up on Wikipedia of Snopes. I don't mean personal type stories like gossip, but things like, "Did you know that Charles Shaw wine is $2 because he hates his ex-wife and doesn't want her to profit from his wine?" Um, that's clearly a made up story and beyond that, it's soooo easy to look up online and see that it's not true. This kind of thing just irks the hell out of me. Whenever I hear an off or seemingly over the top story, I almost always look it up online to see if it's true or not. It bothers me that other people don't do the same before repeating a story. I had another girl insist to me that Frenchmen were dying by the droves because French medical insurance leaves people dead in the streets. Ugh. It's such a narrow way to view the world, just regurgitating whatever they hear from whatever source.

And obviously, slow drivers in the far left lane are rotten people.

Peegee
11-14-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm going to throw a wrench in this thread.

I personally hate HATE idiots on the road. That said, I especially hate the following:

- people who tailgate on the highway. BRAKE TEST
- poeple who high beam you because you're not driving fast enough on the 'far-left-lane'. The speed limit is 100 kph / 62.5 mph. I'm going to drive 110-115kph / 68.5-71.875 which is almost 10mph faster than the speed limit. If you high beam me to drive faster I am going to....

how PG makes your day an endless nightmare

Keep pace with the trailer truck on the right lane. For 3 hours.

There was zero traffic yesterday. Even when we drove into the city. Zooming down the highway at 70 mph is making excellent time however you do it. Driving nearly 100 mph on a 62.5 zone is NOT efficient - the car has poor fuel economy if you drive fast.

And add to that we were high beamed, honked at, and passed (after which the idiot began to drive at 100 kph like a trollface mccoolface) incessantly. TIME TO TROLL BACK

oh and I generally dislike other drivers on the road:

- merging into your lane without signalling
- making a left turn into the right lane. Next time I am going to turn into the right lane and just sit there
- tailgating you on a 37.5 mph zone BRAKE TEST

One day I am going to bring my friends along on the highway and we're all going to drive 105 kph all the way down the highway.

btw I love this. VERY MUCH

55: A Meditation on the Speed Limit - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoETMCosULQ)

Pike
11-14-2011, 03:11 PM
- making a left turn into the right lane.

I do this. But here in Montana everyone does this.

Or maybe I'm just a jerk. I am, afterall, that person who will suddenly accelerate like a mofo if you've been tailgating me for a while and then try to pass me.

Anyways: Relevant to the direction this thread has taken. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELZQ-Z6lASI)

Jessweeee♪
11-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Arrgh I hate tailgaters. I know I only go sixty on the freeway when everyone else is going at least 75, but 60mph is the speed limit so fuck you.

rubah
11-14-2011, 03:50 PM
did you know that all pull doors are push doors on the other side???

Peegee
11-14-2011, 05:44 PM

Or maybe I'm just a jerk. I am, afterall, that person who will suddenly accelerate like a mofo if you've been tailgating me for a while and then try to pass me.

Anyways: Relevant to the direction this thread has taken. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELZQ-Z6lASI)

BAD!

@Rubahs - head exploded

Jessweeee♪
11-14-2011, 06:10 PM
What happens if you turn left into the right lane and someone turns right into the left lane?!

Peegee
11-14-2011, 07:04 PM
What happens if you turn left into the right lane and someone turns right into the left lane?!

I sit there raging up a storm while they both die. Then I get out and laugh at everybody.

Pike
11-14-2011, 07:07 PM

BAD!

@Rubahs - head exploded

I also turn right into the left lane. Now you can hate me even more! :bigsmile:

Peegee
11-14-2011, 07:14 PM

BAD!

@Rubahs - head exploded

I also turn right into the left lane. Now you can hate me even more! :bigsmile:

Seriously one of my shoulder chips (fries..cakes) is driving poorly. I just completely lose my boobies and start spazzing out.

I started swearing while driving and since I don't usually swear up and down my friend Paul pointed out this observation and quipped that I was furious. Then he lol'd while I raged.

Imad.mp3

NorthernChaosGod
11-14-2011, 07:36 PM
I hate it when I'm taking the left turn away from my house and the person heading towards me doesn't signal that they're taking a right turn, so I just sit there until I can tell for sure they've slowed down enough to turn.

I hate when people don't use their turn signals when changing lanes. I hate it more when they take forever to actually change lanes.

I hate a lot of things people do while behind the wheel of a car.

Miriel
11-14-2011, 08:14 PM
- poeple who high beam you because you're not driving fast enough on the 'far-left-lane'. The speed limit is 100 kph / 62.5 mph. I'm going to drive 110-115kph / 68.5-71.875 which is almost 10mph faster than the speed limit. If you high beam me to drive faster I am going to....

Dunno what it's like in Canada, but here there are usually at least 4 lanes on the highway. If you're going to be crawling along at barely 6 miles higher than the speed limit, do it in the right lanes. It's just the polite thing to do.

Laddy
11-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Herman Cain.

Jiro
11-15-2011, 04:31 AM
did you know that all pull doors are push doors on the other side???

I always fear becoming trapped. I just wait for someone else to open the door if I'm stuck inside. If I'm stuck outside I just leave :/

Shlup
11-15-2011, 10:31 PM
I hate it when people post those chain-statuses on Facebook. Like "I know most of you won't repost this, but I did because I am caring enough to put minimal effort into this cause. Look how fucking thoughtful I am."

Jessweeee♪
11-15-2011, 10:42 PM
I hate it when people post those chain-statuses on Facebook. Like "I know most of you won't repost this, but I did because I am caring enough to put minimal effort into this cause. Look how fucking thoughtful I am."

This :nonono: Those little games I can mostly tolerate, but "if you really cared you'd spam the fuck out of everything" is just plain pretentious :bounce:

fire_of_avalon
11-15-2011, 11:22 PM
I hate it when people post those chain-statuses on Facebook. Like "I know most of you won't repost this, but I did because I am caring enough to put minimal effort into this cause. Look how smurfing thoughtful I am."

I hate it when people post those chain-statuses on Facebook. Like "I know most of you won't repost this, but I did because I am caring enough to put minimal effort into this cause. Look how smurfing thoughtful I am."

This :nonono: Those little games I can mostly tolerate, but "if you really cared you'd spam the smurf out of everything" is just plain pretentious :bounce:
Yes, yes YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES god yes. Rep. I cannot stand it. I'm just like "Okay so when was the last time you hoofed it for relay for life? Gave any money to cancer research? Did anything more than post a facebook status."

Not everyone can do everything, no, but c'mon.

NorthernChaosGod
11-16-2011, 12:33 AM
And none of those smug shits listen when you point out they're dumb.

Shlup
11-16-2011, 10:34 PM
I know right! They're just like "derp if you dislike that I posted this then you must totally wish that all children have cancer shame on you."

I really shouldn't've added my aunts and uncles as Facebook friends. All they do is post those things, link to FOX News articles, "like" every single one of my photos, and ruin my joke statuses with stupid questions.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-16-2011, 10:45 PM
I don't like it when my 360 HDD randomly becomes unformatted almost 50% of the time I turn it on.

Pike
11-17-2011, 12:19 AM
I don't like holiday hours at work.

NorthernChaosGod
11-17-2011, 12:26 AM
I know right! They're just like "derp if you dislike that I posted this then you must totally wish that all children have cancer shame on you."

I really shouldn't've added my aunts and uncles as Facebook friends. All they do is post those things, link to FOX News articles, "like" every single one of my photos, and ruin my joke statuses with stupid questions.
Apparently you just need to be a jackass on the Internet to care about things. :colbert:

Jiro
11-17-2011, 12:28 AM
I don't like ice. That shit makes bad noises and it gives me the creeps. And the chills.

Jessweeee♪
11-17-2011, 12:47 AM
I blew up a table with ice. It was sweet.

Levian
11-17-2011, 01:02 AM
I don't like sentences that start with:

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but

Jiro
11-17-2011, 01:34 AM
What about the following:

"With all due respect,"

"I don't mean to be rude, but"

Do they fit in the same category? :p

Madame Adequate
11-17-2011, 02:21 AM

Fully deserved.

fire_of_avalon
11-17-2011, 02:41 AM
I don't like working over my shift at work by four hours to make the breakroom "feel like Christmas" to potentially impress our RVP who may or may not walk into our store for five minutes tomorrow.

Pike, you and I are gonna drink a lot someday together. Yes we will.

Pike
11-17-2011, 03:10 AM
I don't like working over my shift at work by four hours to make the breakroom "feel like Christmas" to potentially impress our RVP who may or may not walk into our store for five minutes tomorrow.

Pike, you and I are gonna drink a lot someday together. Yes we will.

CHRISTMAS IN RETAIL
ARE YOU READY FOR NONSTOP CHRISTMAS MUSIC STARTING LAST SUNDAY
ARE YOU READY FOR WORKING UNTIL MIDNIGHT ONE NIGHT AND THEN BEING AT THE STORE AT 6AM THE NEXT MORNING
ARE YOU READY FOR MILLIONS OF LAYAWAYS
ARE YOU READY FOR BEING SHORT STAFFED
ARE YOU READY FOR PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERYTHING
ARE YOU READY FOR DOING A GAZILLION RETURNS WITHOUT RECEIPTS ON DECEMBER 26

yeah let's get smashed

Jiro
11-17-2011, 03:25 AM
Drunk girls, I'm there.

NorthernChaosGod
11-17-2011, 04:18 AM

"With all due respect,"

And "no offense, but..."

Drunk girls, I'm there.
I'll race you.

Melissaur
11-17-2011, 06:53 AM
I hate Megan Fox's thumb xD and Most People in general.. I hate too many things. I think it may be unhealthy, but I hate people who tell me it's unhealthy to hate so many things.

Shiny
11-17-2011, 06:57 AM
I dislike when you're walking behind someone and all the sudden they stop very abruptly causing you to trip over, or bump into them.

Bubba
11-17-2011, 09:41 AM
People who talk to someone else while they're on the phone to you...

Who are you talking to, you prick?!

NorthernChaosGod
11-17-2011, 02:58 PM
I hate Megan Fox's thumb xD
Haters gonna hate.

I don't see why that should bother you.

Levian
11-17-2011, 03:10 PM

"With all due respect,"

Yeah, it's basically the same phrase, and it quadruples the douchelizardness of what comes after the comma.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-17-2011, 04:03 PM
I don't like shaving. I'm getting faster now but seriously, major pain in the ass.

Melissaur
11-17-2011, 08:58 PM
I hate Megan Fox's thumb xD
Haters gonna hate.

I don't see why that should bother you.

Because it looks like a toe and I HATE feet about as much as I hate spiders. If it didn't I wouldn't hate it. Also I don;t think this thread is about picking at someone's list and telling them they shouldn't hate something just because you don't. It's not like I went through everyone's post and said "That shouldn't bother you" to everything I disagreed with :P

NorthernChaosGod
11-17-2011, 10:02 PM
I didn't say it should, I said I don't get it. And just because you didn't, doesn't mean I won't. /smug

Vincent, Thunder God
11-18-2011, 04:48 PM
I hate it when you're sitting in a fairly empty room/dining hall/movie theater and of all the multitudes of empty seats, these smurfers choose to sit RIGHT next to you. Not even leaving a polite 1 chair space difference! WTF??

This. It drives me nuts.