PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario - Have you beaten them 100%?

Levian
11-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Just beating a Super Mario game is fairly easy, but how many of the newer games have you beaten 100%? By that I mean getting all stars or exits.

So please answer for these games:

Super Mario World
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2

--

Super Mario World - I've beaten every level and secret levels, but there's probably a few ghost house alternate exits I haven't gone through, but I consider myself pretty done with this game.
Super Mario 64 - Got 120 stars, so I've 100%'d this game.
Super Mario Sunshine - I got all the stars in the courses, but I never got all the blue coins, so I'm guessing there's 10-15 stars I didn't get. I'm currently playing SMS now though, trying to get them all!
Super Mario Galaxy - I still have 10 stars to go in this one. Mostly Comet stars.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - About 10 stars missing here as well.

Pike
11-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Super Mario World is the only one of those games that I've spent a decent amount of time with. And no, I haven't 100%'d it, although I came close. My brother got 96★ on it once, though. Which is 100% for that game, if I recall correctly.

ljkkjlcm9
11-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Super Mario World I got the 96%
Super Mario 64: all 120, which gives the secret Yoshi thing
Super Mario Sunshine: all 120 gives you the Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses I think to wear
Super Mario Galaxy: all 120 gives you the ability to play through as Luigi, get 120 with him, and there's one more challenge.... I never got the 120 with Luigi.
Super Mario Galaxy 2: After getting 120, there are another 120 green stars, and then the last 2 stars.

So out of all those, the Luigi play through on Mario galaxy 1 is the only thing I haven't done. Mostly because you're getting the EXACT same stars again. If I ever go back to play through, I will just pick up my Luigi game.
Galaxy 2 was nice because the Green Stars were just hidden in the levels, so it was completely new challenges.

THE JACKEL

NorthernChaosGod
11-14-2011, 07:54 PM
I've beaten Super Mario World 100% multiples times. I've even just gone through the Autumn theme all the way through just for shits and giggles.

I've gotten so much playtime on 64. I've gotten all the stars and even done most of the glitched speed runs.

Shlup
11-14-2011, 07:59 PM
After my grandma gave away my Atari, the only games I had were Super Mario World, Tetris/Dr Mario, and Bart's Nightmare. So, yes, I've done everything there is to do in Super Mario World several times over. At one point I could do one of the world two levels with my eyes closed.

I haven't played Super Mario 64, I've played half of Sunshine, beaten Galaxy, and am part way through Galaxy 2 but I'm not really into it.

Del Murder
11-15-2011, 03:49 AM
I've done them all. Didn't do Sunshine until recently.

I haven't gotten the 'green stars' in either of the Mario Galaxy games, though, but I don't count that.

You forgot New Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Pretty sure there's a 100% completion for those.

The Man
11-15-2011, 03:54 AM
I've 100%ed SMW, Yoshi's Island, SM64, and a bunch of hacks of the first two (I haven't dived into N64 emulation yet). Off the top of my head, Super Demo World: The Legend Continues, The Second Reality Project, The Second Reality Project 2, The Second Reality Project Reloaded, SMW2+, SMW2+2, SMW2+3: The Essence Star. There may have been others but I can't remember them offhand.

I haven't played Sunshine, NSMB, or either Galaxy yet. I am working on NSMBW (although I am not going to be able to 100% it properly on this playthrough due to the fact that I did not realise until I was about halfway through my playthrough that if you even get the Luigi help thing, regardless of whether you actually use it or not (I didn't, naturally), that affects completion), and then I'm probably going to do Kamek's Revenge next.

I have 100%ed most of these at least twice; some probably as many as ten times or more. I've also gone all the way through The Lost Levels with no warping several times.

Flying Arrow
11-15-2011, 04:44 PM
World: I can't recall if I ever did everything in this game. My gut tells me no. I've beaten it at least twice, but I never owned it.

64: Gotten 120 stars several times and seen Yoshi. This was my favourite game for a looooong time after it was out.

Sunshine: I actually can't even be completely sure that I've beaten it at all, let alone 100% it.

Galaxy: Got 120 stars, but never actually played through with Luigi.

Galaxy 2: Never played.

What about the SMB series? How can you leave SMB3 out of this, you monster? I'll have you know SMB3 is the greatest videogame ever made.

Slothy
11-15-2011, 05:54 PM
World: Got 100% a few years back. Just the one time mind you. I never see much point in getting 100% in a game more than once.

64: Got all 120 stars once as well, saw Yoshi and all that. I haven't done it again since, though I have to admit that I love this game so much I've contemplated it a few times. Might try it again soon actually.

Sunshine: I beat it, but never 100%. I honestly hated this game with the exception of a couple of levels so I have no desire to play it again let alone beat it 100%.

Galaxy: Again, beat it, but I liked it only marginally more than Sunshine, and even getting myself to go beyond 30-40 stars was an exercise in tedium. I also don't own a Wii so I'll probably never play this game again.

Galaxy 2: Never played it, and after Sunshine and Galaxy, I really have no desire to. I'll stick to Mario 64 when I want to play a 3D Mario.

Del Murder
11-15-2011, 06:37 PM
What about the SMB series? How can you leave SMB3 out of this, you monster? I'll have you know SMB3 is the greatest videogame ever made.
There's no 100% completion in the old games. I guess 100% would be beating the game by going through every level without using warps, which I have done for SMB1-3 and Lost Levels (I'm such a Mario nerd).

sharkythesharkdogg
11-15-2011, 06:38 PM
I've completed SMW 100%, and SM64 as well. I didn't really like Sunshine, and haven't played the others.

My favorite games I've done everything there is to do on were Donkey Kong Country and Suikoden 3.

Bolivar
11-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Never really got into the 3D mario jawns and kinda missed out on a lot of world since i went with Sega... got the GBA port but didnt play much. I gotta check NSMB after Del's suggestion, good chance I might've 100%ed that... first game I got with my DS, played the crap out of it and absolutely loved it.

I did play through all of SMB3, every level. It was on Dreamcast though so I might've used save states... :shifty:

Wolf Kanno
11-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Out of the list... just Super Mario World. I never owned a N64 or Gamecube and neither entry interested me. I'm more of a Zelda fan when it comes to Nintendo's first party stuff. I can't get into Mario Galaxy, I don't know what it is, but I'll play a few stages and get completely bored and move onto something else. Haven't even touched Galaxy 2, and I've played a little of NSMB Wii, which was fun but not a "must have". I guess I just don't like the little plumber anymore. Though I have beaten SMB, The Lost Levels (oh god, never again...) SMB2 with all characters, and SMB3. World is still my favorite entry.

Bubba
11-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Super Mario World - I've got 96 levels more times than I can count
Super Mario 64 - 100% every star
Super Mario Galaxy - 100% every star

I haven't played Sunshine or SMG2.

I regularly play Super Mario World to try and complete all 96 levels in one sitting without losing a single life. I still haven't managed it yet. Special Road keeps being a bastard. I actually got to 91 levels on a recent effort before being thwarted in Valley of Bowser.

I was not pleased.

Pike
11-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Special Road keeps being a bastard.

THAT FREAKING "TUBULAR"

Araciel
11-19-2011, 03:56 PM
I can't be a completionist... too many games come out and I cba...Came close to SMW because the process is fun.

Pike
11-19-2011, 04:51 PM
I can't be a completionist... too many games come out and I cba...Came close to SMW because the process is fun.

Yeah, same here. I'm not particularly big on 100%ing games.

NorthernChaosGod
11-20-2011, 05:22 AM
I regularly play Super Mario World to try and complete all 96 levels in one sitting without losing a single life. I still haven't managed it yet. Special Road keeps being a bastard. I actually got to 91 levels on a recent effort before being thwarted in Valley of Bowser.
Did you participate in our speed run? :eek:

Bubba
11-20-2011, 09:04 AM
I regularly play Super Mario World to try and complete all 96 levels in one sitting without losing a single life. I still haven't managed it yet. Special Road keeps being a bastard. I actually got to 91 levels on a recent effort before being thwarted in Valley of Bowser.Did you participate in our speed run? :eek: I couldn't! It started at midnight here in the UK and I was in work at 8am on the Monday. I'm up for the next one though. I'm on lates for the next couple of weeks so that works for me.