PDA

View Full Version : Science!

Jiro
11-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Today I contributed to science! I put on some freaky brainwave monitoring thing that looked like a headcrab, put on some other wired things and crap and then, I contributed to science in the best way I know how:

I played Tetris.

And how have you contributed to science lately?

I must point out; this doesn't have to be formal experiments you've taken part in! Maybe you combined two things together and suddenly they are more awesome - synergy!

Peegee
11-16-2011, 01:54 PM
I um...er...I buy stuff that science helped invent so that new and better science can be made?

[uses the word 'science' instead of engineering ftw]

sharkythesharkdogg
11-16-2011, 02:02 PM
A moment of silence for Jiro, who voluntarily contracted headcrabs in the name of science. Eventually they burrowed through his skull, devoured his brain, and now control his body through a crab-friendly interface attached to his brain stem.

:(

Hopefully the scientist learn what they need to from this experiment, but I sure will miss him. He was good people.

blackmage_nuke
11-16-2011, 02:06 PM
After careful experimentation I've discovered its better for the toilet paper to be humg facing AWAY from you contrary to popular OCD's. Because this way you see both sides of the toilet paper as you unravel it so if theres some kind of bug squished in the roll or something you'll see it!

Pike
11-16-2011, 03:08 PM
I do things like calculate how many sodium atoms are in a bag of chips. Just because I'm bored.

Loony BoB
11-16-2011, 03:24 PM
I exist, therefore I contribute to science. At least, I think that's how it works.

NorthernChaosGod
11-16-2011, 07:39 PM
I donated to Cancer research. /smug

Yar
11-16-2011, 07:40 PM
I aced my science exam

Peegee
11-16-2011, 09:44 PM
I do things like calculate how many sodium atoms are in a bag of chips. Just because I'm bored.

Can you figure out / advise me how many calories (not Calories) are in a sodium atom?

Thank you in advance

Peegee Jenkins | Desu Masu | Robobot Inc | 1-800-Beep-Beep-Boop x 20583

Shlup
11-16-2011, 10:23 PM
I, uhm... peed in the mens' room yesterday. Is that science? I studied the layout of the room.

NorthernChaosGod
11-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Did you find the lack of couches confusing?

Slothy
11-17-2011, 02:17 PM
I must point out; this doesn't have to be formal experiments you've taken part in! Maybe you combined two things together and suddenly they are more awesome - synergy!

I once ignored everything I know about nutrition and put marshmallows on a caesar salad. You may one day die of heart disease from the abundance of sugar, but you'll die having tasted perfection. Sadly, no one ever listens to me and actually tries it so I may be taking knowledge of this combination with me to the grave.

In fact, it might be nice to be buried in marshmallows and caesar dressing now that I think about it.

Shlup
11-17-2011, 07:39 PM

We only het couches under certain circumstances, so no. I still want to see a urinal with ice in it!

NorthernChaosGod
11-17-2011, 10:03 PM
I'll take some ice to school and take a picture for you.

Peegee
11-18-2011, 12:10 AM

We only het couches under certain circumstances, so no. I still want to see a urinal with ice in it!

i love them bc i can melt ice with my pee. u jelly?

Hambone
11-18-2011, 01:50 AM
I'm procrastinating on my Astro work right now. Oh wait, you said contributing. :(

Jiro
11-19-2011, 04:09 AM

I once ignored everything I know about nutrition and put marshmallows on a caesar salad. You may one day die of heart disease from the abundance of sugar, but you'll die having tasted perfection. Sadly, no one ever listens to me and actually tries it so I may be taking knowledge of this combination with me to the grave.

In fact, it might be nice to be buried in marshmallows and caesar dressing now that I think about it.

I will try this.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-19-2011, 04:53 AM
I contributed to science today by combining peanut butter, chocolate syrup and bacon together. To my knowledge, it's the first time anyone's ever tried this. It was awesome. Then I dunked a bunch of Peanutty Dark Chocolate Kashi bars in the remaining morass. God it was good.

Jiro
11-19-2011, 05:58 AM
Reminds me of Elvis.

♫♪♫‼Polly‼♪♫♪
11-19-2011, 05:34 PM
i contributed to science today by posting in a thread about contributing to science.

Pike
11-19-2011, 05:44 PM
i contributed to science today by posting in a thread about contributing to science.

It's like I'm really on /sci/!

Madame Adequate
11-19-2011, 06:04 PM
I crusade against anti-intellectualism, thus making the world safe for science!

♫♪♫‼Polly‼♪♫♪
11-19-2011, 06:32 PM
so do you teach people how to be smarter or how not to be stupid?

Madame Adequate
11-19-2011, 06:48 PM
I mostly just complain about them on the Internet.

GrimmReaper
11-19-2011, 07:16 PM
I watch the SyFy channel on occasion...

Vincent, Thunder God
11-19-2011, 08:44 PM
I contributed to science today by combining peanut butter, chocolate syrup and bacon together. To my knowledge, it's the first time anyone's ever tried this. It was awesome. Then I dunked a bunch of Peanutty Dark Chocolate Kashi bars in the remaining morass. God it was good.

Reminds me of Elvis.

Don't try this at home kids, it's as powerful as an enema.

Diango12
11-20-2011, 04:22 AM

An experiment is only useful when it is validated by scientific peer review under varying conditions. Therefor, I will verify the veracity of your claim by attempting my own version, between slices of bread! But with a greater intensity of chocolate in the chocolate syrup control. Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup!

Results are pending..

Jiro
11-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Photos better be pending too!

Vincent, Thunder God
11-21-2011, 05:08 PM

An experiment is only useful when it is validated by scientific peer review under varying conditions. Therefor, I will verify the veracity of your claim by attempting my own version, between slices of bread! But with a greater intensity of chocolate in the chocolate syrup control. Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup!

Results are pending..

Good luck, just don't have an accident. :P

Agreed, I should have taken some pics of my chocolate bacon extravaganza, but sadly it is gone.

Laddy
11-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Fuck science. Fuck it and kick it in the balls.

/APBiology

Pike
11-22-2011, 09:44 PM
I took AP Chemistry. It was pretty much one of the best classes I ever took. Later I took chemistry again in college even though I didn't need to, just because I thought it was interesting and fun. :jess:

Laddy
11-22-2011, 10:06 PM
I took AP Chemistry. It was pretty much one of the best classes I ever took. Later I took chemistry again in college even though I didn't need to, just because I thought it was interesting and fun. :jess:
NERD

Diango12
11-23-2011, 01:20 AM
Here ya go ^_^

http://i.imgur.com/iIvqB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FFTI9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/W9VXX.jpg

The whole thing went well without any problems. I first conjectured that medium toasted bread was going to be necessary in order to contain the liquescent viscosity, or as I like to call it, 'liquidy gooeyness' of the delicious chocolate syrup. So I made the preparations and evenly placed the fried bacon on the bread, followed by a generous coating of chocolate syrup, and finally the cheese. The effects were retroactive. My mouth stretched out into a smile while I chewed the bacon in all its chocolaty covered goodness. Yum. With the sandwich still dripping syrup, I reached and sipped some of my chocolate milk. The chocolate milk tasted bland though, almost like water, as in the same effect you get after consuming a rather large amount of alcohol.

These results are being submitted over to my colleagues here for further review. Please feel free to produce independent results. Oh and of course, pictures, or it didn't happen.. Good luck Jiro! ^_^

NorthernChaosGod
11-23-2011, 03:22 AM
I'm going to make me one of those.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-23-2011, 03:32 AM
The whole thing went well without any problems. I first conjectured that medium toasted bread was going to be necessary in order to contain the liquescent viscosity, or as I like to call it, 'liquidy gooeyness' of the delicious chocolate syrup. So I made the preparations and evenly placed the fried bacon on the bread, followed by a generous coating of chocolate syrup, and finally the cheese. The effects were retroactive. My mouth stretched out into a smile while I chewed the bacon in all its chocolaty covered goodness. Yum. With the sandwich still dripping syrup, I reached and sipped some of my chocolate milk. The chocolate milk tasted bland though, almost like water, as in the same effect you get after consuming a rather large amount of alcohol.

These results are being submitted over to my colleagues here for further review. Please feel free to produce independent results. Oh and of course, pictures, or it didn't happen.. Good luck Jiro! ^_^

Haha good to see I inspired all this! Hope it was good, though I can't imagine chocolate covered bacon AND cheese together. Peanut butter and chocolate syrup covered bacon was already experimental enough for me.