PDA

View Full Version : He said, "Son when you grow up, would you be the saviour of the broken, the beaten...

Iceglow
11-20-2011, 10:47 PM
and the damned?"

Ok so continuing Pike's dream, 3 lines longer here. What did you want to be when you grew up? Or what did your parents or family want you to be?

Personally I wanted to be a Jet Fighter Pilot. Screw commercial airlines, they might get to screw the cabin crew at 30,000ft but I wanted to punch through a cloud at 10,000ft travelling 2x the speed of sound.

My parents had hoped I would go in to something physical such as being a mechanic I think. Or at least my dad would've liked it since he used to be one before he became the manager of an off license.

Pheesh
11-21-2011, 01:23 AM
I wanted to be a musician, my parents hoped I would be a musician, and nothing has changed yet. It's just a hard one to aspire to.

NorthernChaosGod
11-21-2011, 02:06 AM
There were a couple things I wanted to be when I was a young lad. Very early on I wanted to be an architect, then a fireman. Later on I wanted to be a musician (and I still kind of do :P ).

Pike
11-21-2011, 05:28 AM
When I grew up I wanted to be anything BUT a writer. Partially because it just wasn't appealing to me but largely because my parents really wanted me to be one. So I spent the first 25 years of my life trying to figure out what to do that wasn't writing.

Finally, sometime last year or so, I realized that writing is basically my only talent so now I'm aiming for that. Guess you can't argue with destiny.

Agent Proto
11-21-2011, 05:35 AM
I wanted to be a cartoonist, or animator. However, to be honest, I didn't have any true ambitions of what I wanted to be when I grow up when I was young. The thought never really occurred to me most of the time, but one thing for sure is that I did wanted to be a cartoonist or animator. I wish I had followed that dream more closely. :p

Freya
11-21-2011, 06:00 AM
I wanted to be a firetruck. Still working on it.

NorthernChaosGod
11-21-2011, 06:17 AM
I wanted to be a firetruck. Still working on it.
Be a firetruck and I'll live my childhood dream of riding you.

Freya
11-21-2011, 06:27 AM
Ew.

Agent Proto
11-21-2011, 06:45 AM
As a fireman, he also gets to be inside you!

NorthernChaosGod
11-21-2011, 06:53 AM
As a fireman, he also gets to be inside you!
:jokey:

TrollHunter
11-21-2011, 06:56 AM
I've wanted to be a lot of things...
First was a Vet, then Astronomer, then Marine Biologist, now I want to be a Child Psychiatrist.
Hopefully my interests don't continue to change so often.
My parents want me to be what I want to be, they don't really have pre-set hopes of what my future career is going to be.

Freya
11-21-2011, 08:22 AM
:barf:

TrollHunter
11-21-2011, 08:37 AM

Oh come on, you know you want a piece of Julian. :riiight:

Jiro
11-21-2011, 10:15 AM
I wanted to be a video game (designer). Also, space man. Not a fucking astronaut. Space man. GO INTO SPACE AND EXPLORE AND SHIT.

NorthernChaosGod
11-21-2011, 09:38 PM
You know you love me, baby. :aimkiss:

Jessweeee♪
11-21-2011, 10:18 PM
I wanted to be a professional soccer player, an actress, and a professional clarinet player. Basically, if I was doing an extra-curricular activity at school, I wanted to do it forever. I went to a small school so I could do literally every extra-curricular activity they offered in one year and that made me feel like I could multitask.

My parents didn't have anything in particular they wanted for me, so long as it involved a college education. My mom has always been very adamant that I never depend on a man for money. No matter how respectful, loving, and reliable he is, I must always be able to fend for myself. At first I was too young to understand what she was saying, but now that I am a grown up attempting to live on my own, I get it. Even if I marry a billionaire I will keep that particular promise to the best of my ability.

Shlup
11-22-2011, 03:57 AM
I wanted to work with animals or in animation, but I mostly wanted to be a mommy so I didn't want to put a bunch of effort into a career just to quit.

My mother never expressed a desire for me to be anything in particular--she's one of those extra good moms who just wants me to be safe and happy, no matter what that means. My dad wanted me to be a politician, but he didn't push for it.

fire_of_avalon
11-22-2011, 12:54 PM
I wanted to be a journalist. My dad wanted me to make money. Fucked up on both fronts!

Rantz
11-22-2011, 02:35 PM
I wanted to be an inventor, but I got my "smart guy" terms mixed up and told everybody I wanted to be a professor.

My mother never expressed a desire for me to be anything in particular--she's one of those extra good moms who just wants me to be safe and happy, no matter what that means. My dad wanted me to be a politician, but he didn't push for it.
Same on both counts. At least I think that's what my dad wanted. They both encouraged creative expression though, but they were never like *DISAPPOINT* about any of our choices.

GhandiOwnsYou
11-23-2011, 09:22 PM
I wanna say I rotated from Soldier, to Fighter Pilot, to Lawyer, to Architect, to Photographer. Somehow, I ended up a Helicopter Mechanic for the Army. I'd like to think that I just mashed up my first two choices, but that'd pretty much be BS, I just kinda ended up here aimlessly.