PDA

View Full Version : Ouch

Jiro
11-22-2011, 12:40 PM
No not Zach gosh.

I'm sunburnt. Like. Really fucking bad guys. It hurts to exist. When's the last time you got (sun) burnt? How did you deal with it?

I drank some booze. It's numbing, right? Didn't numb this though :( Damn sunlight! Stupid faulty sunscreen!

Anyway I'm feeling dehydrated, dizzy and drunk so I'mma sleep now

fire_of_avalon
11-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Probably August. If I spend more than a half hour outside without sunscreen I burn. The last bad one I got was a couple years ago because I'm high risk for melanoma so I try to be careful.

Pheesh
11-22-2011, 01:31 PM
I usually tan up alright, although last summer I had a bad patch of burning hate on my chest.

Jessweeee♪
11-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Years ago. I don't go out in the sun much xD

Take oatmeal baths and use lots of aloe vera!

Pike
11-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Last time I was really sunburnt was about 15 years ago when I went to Disneyland, and even that wasn't too bad: just an itchy spot on my arm.

I'm usually not outside for more than a few minutes at a time. Even if I was, I don't burn easily. Supposedly I've got the type of skin that tans nicely although I've never cared to find out.

My scalp will burn at the drop of a hat, though, which is incredibly annoying. Fortunately I'm rarely outside long enough to get to that point.

Del Murder
11-22-2011, 05:42 PM
No not Zach gosh.
Damn. *leaves thread*

Araciel
11-22-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm an injun so...

Rye
11-22-2011, 06:59 PM
I had a horrible sunburn on the first day of my last year of High School. I'm in the middle of my last year of college now, so it's been a while. I remember that well because I was peeling all over my face and I had a road test and a shift at work. I was so unhappy!

NorthernChaosGod
11-22-2011, 07:56 PM
I got a very slight sunburn in summer 2010. I wasn't using very good sunscreen when I was at work. :|

Jiro
11-23-2011, 11:25 AM
You're mexican, how does the sun pierce your sombrero?

NorthernChaosGod
11-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Very carefully.

Peegee
11-24-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm not usually one to post like this but i lol at you all

btw julian i am disappoint

i am pretty much immune to sunburns. my last sunburn? i put my legs right by the fire for a few hours. it went away in a day.

i tan without sunblock.

Shiny
11-24-2011, 01:42 AM
I have African, Italian, and Indian in me yet I still burn. Only my legs and my nose though. My nose burns very quickly so I basically have to walk around with white tit on my nose when I'm at the beach. Yet everyone else in my family gets dark as hell without sunburn -- with exception of my nephew who is as light as me. Still convinced we're adopted.

Shlup
11-24-2011, 01:56 AM
You don't treat a sunburn with drunkness, you jackass. Keep a coating of aloe on your skin and take a buttload of pills.

I still have scars from my worst sunburn. Blisters bigger than quarters, popping and dripping some kind of liquid. It was karma that killed my babysitter in a car crash, I tell you what.

(She was a great babysitter and she had kids and I am going to hell for that comment.)

Rostum
11-24-2011, 02:04 AM
It's probably really important to keep drinking a lot of water too. I could only imagine you're going to feel like absolute ass when you wake up if you are dehydrated.

The last time I got sunburnt, like majorly sunburnt, was a couple of years ago. Stupidly I was stubborn and wanted to go for a bike ride whilst being sunburnt. Let's just say I could barely get my motorbike boots off without screaming like a little girl.

fire_of_avalon
11-24-2011, 02:12 AM
They were probably water blisters.

When I was sixteen I went to a theme park in late May with a bunch of kids from school and I forgot sunblock. The chaperones were really concerned because of my skin tone, but we couldn't stop for sunscreen. So I go out and play and have fun in the blazing hot Atlanta sun and it's amazing. For hours and hours.

Then we go to the water area of the park and I get sopping wet. And mysteriously turn bright red. Mysteriously.

So we go home, I nap on the bus and get kind of itchy but I'm okay.

I go to sleep that night and at about 5 a.m. I wake up in fucking agony. Never been in so much pain. I stumble to the bathroom, turn on the light and after like five minute manage to peel off my shirt (and quite a bit of skin) and I have a solid, continuous water blister spanning my entire chest (I was wearing a square neck tank top.) I was out of school for two days.

Never again!

Rostum
11-24-2011, 02:31 AM
my entire chest

Pics or it didn't happen. :D

NorthernChaosGod
11-24-2011, 03:29 AM

i am pretty much immune to sunburns. my last sunburn? i put my legs right by the fire for a few hours. it went away in a day.

i tan without sunblock.
You stand under a hot San Diego sun for 8 hours and not burn.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-24-2011, 07:41 AM

i tan without sunblock.

I do this all the time!
Well, sorta. Some days I am out from sunup to sundown. That sucks. But I still have yet to get a sunburn from San Diego sun.
And surprisingly I didn't get one in Afghanistan either. I just got nice and tan. :cool:

Peegee
11-24-2011, 02:00 PM

i tan without sunblock.

Pfft sun's not even at full blast for 8 hours out of any day.

Any beaches in SD? I'll visit when I finally get around to my california Brother / Allies / Cousin / Julian tour.

probably 2013. Yeah probably.

Pheesh
11-24-2011, 02:04 PM
I thought you live in Canada, where it snows. Places where it snows don't count as hot, come to Australia.

blackmage_nuke
11-24-2011, 02:55 PM
I got sunburnt at the beach a few years ago but I was fine with it because I used the pain as a reminder of what a swell time I had

NorthernChaosGod
11-24-2011, 08:43 PM

i tan without sunblock.

Pfft sun's not even at full blast for 8 hours out of any day.

Any beaches in SD? I'll visit when I finally get around to my california Brother / Allies / Cousin / Julian tour.

probably 2013. Yeah probably.
It sure seems like full blast when the whole day is near 100 degrees out. :colbert:

And San Diego is on the coast. :p

Ouch!
11-25-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm glad that despite my best efforts to disappear, I stay relevant around here.

I live in Miami. Sunburn just happens sometimes.

TrollHunter
11-25-2011, 08:18 PM
I used to get sunburns all the time when I lived in NC (I was almost always at the beach)... now, I never get any.