PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Ciddies moment

Queen Award, First of Her Name
11-22-2011, 06:43 PM
What has been your favorite Ciddies moment over the years? It could be an award you won, an award someone else won, a particular speech that touched you, or even something random, like that one time four different members sent you pms in four days making sure you nominated.

For me, it was the time Del Murder won Best Member because no one bothered to nominate Loony BoB (who had won it the four previous times). Sneaky bastard!

Pike
11-22-2011, 07:36 PM
One of my "MLT..." ideas that I tossed out in chat was used in the Ciddies once. If I recall correctly it was "MLT simply walk into Mordor".

Del Murder
11-22-2011, 08:07 PM
That was a good award.

My favorite moment would probably be when I won the Highwind. I may not be active enough anymore to win some of the top tier awards, but I really liked being appreciated by those who work with me every day behind the scenes.

My favorite moment not involving myself would probably be the revelations thread hosted by the beast known as Award Cerberus. They were an entertaining trio.

My favorite speech would probably be the trio of G13, Jiro, and ee doing that MST3000 parody for Most Likely to Be a Cid's Knight. I think that was one or two Ciddies ago.

If you want to go back in the day, I recall a time when Rainecloud won an award for 'Whiniest Member' (or something equivalent), and then whined about it. :D Amusing.

Agent Proto
11-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Winning Best Cid's Knight was my highlight moment of Ciddies history. Everything else were okay, but I'll be excited if I end up nominated for Best Member. But at the rate I'm going, it appears I'll never show up nominated for it. :(

Laddy
11-22-2011, 09:12 PM
I don't do the Ciddies. The Ciddies do me.

Jessweeee♪
11-23-2011, 02:49 AM
The first time I ever won a Ciddie! It just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I think that was the same Ciddies where everyone got all pissy about Christmas winning Most Missed Member instead of Owen Macwere.

chionos
11-23-2011, 02:50 AM
If you want to go back in the day, I recall a time when Rainecloud won an award for 'Whiniest Member' (or something equivalent), and then whined about it. :D Amusing.

I remember that. :chuckle:

Jiro
11-23-2011, 11:40 AM
I loved the Best Artist speeches by Psychotic, Rantzien and DK. At least I think it was those three. Anyway, they are what prompted me to try my hand at writing speeches, including teaming up with Timekeeper and the already mentioned G13 and Happy Noodle Boy speech. Speeches are awesome.

I liked the time Loony BoB helped Award Guy run the Ciddies with a broken hand. That guy is a legend.

Also if I don't mention winning Best Member you will all think I'm an arrogant prick. That was special, I appreciated that. You might be deluded but you're lovely.

fire_of_avalon
11-23-2011, 12:45 PM
The 2001 ShlupQuack wardrobe malfunction.

NorthernChaosGod
11-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Whaaaaaaat? :(

Hollycat
11-23-2011, 07:13 PM
I like that time I got to host the awards ceremony. Cause that totally happened. Hahahahhaha, remember the cake and the concert and when I drew pictures of the winners and gave you all trophies made from my own bones!

I would like to at least make a speech this year. but Im still a newbie, maybe next year.

Peegee
11-23-2011, 07:40 PM

wow you are gullible.

My favorite Ciddeh moment was when I usurped the 'MLT be batman' contest by nominating (and getting friends to nominate) Batman

Yes, Batman (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/4025.html) is a user.

I rule.

Jessweeee♪
11-23-2011, 08:29 PM
I like that time I got to host the awards ceremony. Cause that totally happened. Hahahahhaha, remember the cake and the concert and when I drew pictures of the winners and gave you all trophies made from my own bones!

I would like to at least make a speech this year. but Im still a newbie, maybe next year.

Anyone can make a speech! Just be all like, "yo I wanna make a speech for this award" when the thread comes up.

Raistlin
11-23-2011, 08:53 PM

Remember how much he whined about being called Whinecloud? Good times.

My favorite moment would have to be Del, Award Quina, and Jiro/TK interrupting the Ciddies to give me a Best Member award. That or the time that I received twice as many votes for Best Poster as Shluppers.

There have been too many good speeches, but one of my favorites would have to be Rantzien's Funniest Member speech where he looked up everyone's rep and ranked them on the Meat Puppet scale (which Meat Puppet himself ironically failed at). It was the funniest speech of that Ciddies.

Freya
11-23-2011, 09:36 PM
That one time those one people won that one award and than those other people got mad about it. Gooood times.

NorthernChaosGod
11-24-2011, 03:31 AM

wow you are gullible.
It's an award show on a Internet forum, it's not hard to miss. :rolleyes:

G13
11-24-2011, 01:10 PM
That time I swept, and how I won MLT Become A CK and then actually became a CK. Pretty awesome Ciddies for me.

Also, every Ciddies where MB has reserved the first post for Manus. That's smurfin' teamwork!

Jiro
11-24-2011, 01:50 PM

Remember how much he whined about being called Whinecloud? Good times.

My favorite moment would have to be Del, Award Quina, and Jiro/TK interrupting the Ciddies to give me a Best Member award. That or the time that I received twice as many votes for Best Poster as Shluppers.

There have been too many good speeches, but one of my favorites would have to be Rantzien's Funniest Member speech where he looked up everyone's rep and ranked them on the Meat Puppet scale (which Meat Puppet himself ironically failed at). It was the funniest speech of that Ciddies.

Oh yeah, those were all good times too. Man, I can't wait to see what shenanigans happen this time.

Loony BoB
11-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Also, every Ciddies where MB has reserved the first post for Manus. That's smurfin' teamwork!
Most times he just happens to be online at the right time. The guy is a freaking talent for Ciddies-thread-spotting.

Favourite time involving me: Being nominated for Funniest Member. Seriously, to me this is right up there with all the wins I ever got and possibly ahead of them. I enjoy making people laugh so much more than I enjoy winning Best Member. I never get nominated anymore. :( I'm not funny these days... but aside from Funniest, my wins for Best Member, Sexiest Male (ha) and Best Spammer are prized possessions of mine, because I would never expect to win them.

General moments: Some of the speeches have been absolutely top drawer. The one Murd mentioned is one of the best, the one for MLT Become a Cid's Knight. Revealing the Ciddies in #eoff way back where it would get so insanely active that we had to seperate the revelations and the commentary into two different chatrooms, that was pretty funny. Yahoo! voice conferences while revealing winners was fun, too. The many random breaks that Award Guy took would often offer some good amusement, why did he stop doing that? There are a lot of other things. A lot of it surrounds the really, really active revelations threads which were fantastic, I miss those.

Madonna
11-24-2011, 04:25 PM
scrumpleberry's presentation of Best Artist. (http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/7512/valid.jpg)

Psychotic
11-24-2011, 05:40 PM
scrumpleberry's presentation of Best Artist. (http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/7512/valid.jpg)It was seriously amazing when she did that. Doing the best artist speech with Rantzien and Cz has always been enjoyable for me although we haven't done it in a couple of years now.

The first time I won Best Male was nice. That was the one I really had my teenage (!) heart set on as that was the first one I ever received a nomination for, so I was really determined to win it, and then when it came good I was happy. :)

Freya
11-24-2011, 08:04 PM
I loved Rye's speech where she imitated iceglow. I think that was before we had the rep stuff in. I would have repped the hell out of it.