PDA

View Full Version : Neisho's Noodles

Hollycat
11-29-2011, 04:33 AM
Ok, I am in college for engineering, I am a freshman.
I dont want to go to college.
I dont want lots of money
I just want to open a noodle shop.
thats it, thats my lifes goal. I want to open a noodle shop.

What should I do, if I quit college, my parents will dishone me and take all my stuff and probably never talk to me again, but I dont want the stuffy life, just a simple restaurant. I even have decorations and recipes in my head. I dont want to disapoint my family, but I want to be happy. I have been telling them that I want to do a bunch of things, and while that is true, my lifelong dream has been to open a noodle shop and work on art on the side.

I need advice please.

Shlup
11-29-2011, 04:55 AM
You have a lot to learn before you can just open a restaurant. Engineering probably isn't it though. Why don't you talk to your school counselor?

A noodle shop opened near my house a few months ago, and now when I go in it's always at least a little crowded. It's nice to see them do well. Good luck!

Miriel
11-29-2011, 07:40 AM
The restaurant industry has grim statistics. Most of them don't make it. Even restaurants with amazing food and extremely loyal customers will fail and close up shop and leave those loyal customers heartbroken and confused.

But I say go for it!

Life is short, do what you love. Especially if money isn't a primary motive for you. Your parents will get over it.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Don't open up your own restaurant (or really any business) unless you're prepared to be a work-a-holic and make below the poverty level for at least the first 3-5 years just to see it probably fail anyway.

This isn't to scare you off, because if you're passionate about the job and being self employed then it's worth it. Just make sure you're educated, motivated, and prepared for what you're thinking of doing. It's not easy, but the rewards and satisfaction can make it all worth it.

rubah
11-30-2011, 03:37 AM
Switch to a business major

Peegee
11-30-2011, 04:13 AM
school has only one purpose and that is to make contacts. my manager and super might not be able to tell me what i need to do in order to succeed but they both will support me wherever i go.

make friends with businessmen. build up your credit. THIS IS KEY as borrowing huge sums of money is mandatory. talk to your businessmen colleagues and ask them everything. good luck