PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Ico/Shadow of Colossus creator has left Sony...

Wolf Kanno
12-01-2011, 04:46 AM
...and its apparently why The Last Guardian is taking so long to see release. Though apparently he's still working on it as a freelancer.

Rumour: The Last Guardian Designer Has Left Sony | Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/30/rumour-the-last-guardian-designer-has-left-sony/)

DMKA
12-01-2011, 05:08 AM
Ho hum. Those games sucked anyway. So does Sony.

And yes, I've completed both ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. ICO is overrated weeaboo fodder and SotC is overrated weeaboo fodder that would otherwise be awesome.

Del Murder
12-01-2011, 06:37 AM
Someone woke up on the grumpy side of the bed today!

I hope he finishes The Last Guardian. Though I also think Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are a bit overrated, they are unique games and I think they are important to remind us of what games could be.

Bolivar
12-01-2011, 06:45 AM
LOL @ DMKA...

I can't say I'm surprised... look at how all the great talent has left Square to go on as freelancers, even to just keep working with the company. Everyone from Matsuno down to Alexander O. Smith has done it (and I say that in a non-condescending way, he's a very cool dude!). I think it's kind of a new trend for the big creative minds in Japan, another direction their industry has headed.

ShinGundam
12-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Matsuno'd ?

Slothy
12-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Someone woke up on the grumpy side of the bed today!

There's a non-grumpy side of his bed?

Anyway, this is fairly surprising. I'd be interested to know why he left since it's seemed Sony has been far more supportive of him than any other publisher would be. How many publishers would have simply kicked him to the curb after Ico sold so poorly?

Maybe there's an Enemy 0 sequel in the works that we don't know about and he wanted to go back to animating invisible monsters for a bit.

Dreddz
12-02-2011, 03:27 AM
If this is true then it definitely explains why The Last Guardian is taking so long. I always knew something was up with that game but people insisted that games as magnificent as The Last Guardian (because it is abundantly clear in the trailers that The Last Guardian is perfect already) normally take this long.

Well, no actually.