PDA

View Full Version : Total Chrono Trigger geekout

musenji
12-02-2011, 06:16 PM
So, my girlfriend is playing Chrono Trigger for the first time, and she just got to Magus. I decided to do something special, and I thought you guys might get a kick out of it. I set up a basement room to look like Magus's room. Tealight candles on the floor (real ones), and the controller sits where Crono stands during the fight:

And, actually, I recreated a little more. It's a long room, so I was able to make more of the full walkway that you walk down before fighting Magus:

Fynn
12-02-2011, 08:26 PM
You deserve a cookie, dear sir. Spiffing work! :cookie:

Del Murder
12-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Never a more aptly named thread at eoff. Good job!

Roogle
12-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Well, that's interesting. I wish the picture was a little higher quality and I could see it being shared and passed around a lot online!

Necronopticous
12-03-2011, 01:26 AM
I give your effort my full unwavering approval, and if your girlfriend didn't dump you on the spot then she gets my full unwavering approval, too.

Wolf Kanno
12-03-2011, 02:09 AM
That is awesome. :cool:

I'm annoyed, because I can't get my girlfriend to play Chrono Trigger.

musenji
12-03-2011, 06:27 AM
Thanks all!

Roogle, yeah, the lights and the totally dark room make for a bad lighting combo in terms of "photo quality". Plus, if the room was well lit then it might destroy the effect, as the room itself is full of junk. :D

Necro, she said it was the "most geeky-romantic thing" anyone had done for her. She was already enjoying the game, I think that's part of why it went well.

Wolf, is she a gamer at all? My gf actually wasn't at all a gamer. She agreed to play a bit of the original NES Zelda, and I wasn't expecting more than 10 minutes, but she started to get into it, and ended up beating that, and then Ocarina of Time as well. I've acted as a guide, and the most important thing I've learned is to not try to control the way she plays/enjoys the game. It may be different from the way I would, but it actually might not be that far off from how I played the first time. It can be hard to remember!

For example, she lost to Magus three times in a row...but maybe I would've too, if I hadn't had Nintendo Power to tell me how he operates!

Necronopticous
12-03-2011, 05:35 PM
You'd better start working on your Lavos costume.

nirojan
12-03-2011, 08:53 PM
that is geeking out indeed!

Wolf Kanno
12-04-2011, 05:38 AM
Wolf, is she a gamer at all? My gf actually wasn't at all a gamer. She agreed to play a bit of the original NES Zelda, and I wasn't expecting more than 10 minutes, but she started to get into it, and ended up beating that, and then Ocarina of Time as well. I've acted as a guide, and the most important thing I've learned is to not try to control the way she plays/enjoys the game. It may be different from the way I would, but it actually might not be that far off from how I played the first time. It can be hard to remember!

For example, she lost to Magus three times in a row...but maybe I would've too, if I hadn't had Nintendo Power to tell me how he operates!

Oh she games, I've got her hooked on Metal Gear Solid and she discovered Assassin's Creed before I did. She's just not much into RPGs I've noticed. Outside of Persona series, Golden Sun series and FFX-2, I don't think she's ever stuck to an RPG that wasn't an MMO. I just need to pester her about it is all. She's turned to PC gaming lately so Steam is her best friend and she still teases me that I have never owned or finished Portal.

Necronopticous
12-04-2011, 06:55 AM
she still teases me that I have never owned or finished Portal.
You're lucky she only teases. That's totally dump-worthy.