PDA

View Full Version : Paradox Sperg Trilogy Thread

Pike
12-06-2011, 03:08 PM
You know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about some Hearts of freaking Iron; I'm talking about some Europa Universalis and some Vicky. Yes.

I'm pretty sure MILF and I are the only people here who play these. Prove us wrong! :kakapo: How fares your empire?

Sir Lancealot
12-06-2011, 08:39 PM
If I didn't have to work, I'd be playing EUIII right now.

Pike
12-07-2011, 01:35 AM
If I didn't have to work, I'd be playing EUIII right now.

I admire your taste in vidya, good Sir Lancealot.

I'm in the middle of a delightfully fun EU3 game as Japan.

Old Manus
12-07-2011, 09:31 AM
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about so I'm just going to say WELL HOW ABOUT THAT SID MEIER'S ALPHA CENTAURI GUYS

Pike
12-07-2011, 04:05 PM
MANUS I JUST WANT MY SIX SECONDS WHERE I'M NOT THINKING ABOUT SMAC OKAY

Madame Adequate
12-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Japan ascends to heights undreamt of by any mortal since Alexander. We declared war on Russia - from the Siberian side - on October 29th and had won the war in 10 months. You can do this when this is your list of domains and so manpower is not a problem:

Japan
China
Siam
Vietnam
Burma
Malaysia
Indonesia
The Phillipines
New Guinea
Australasia
About 70% of the Pacific islands west of Hawaii
India
Persia
Afghanistan
All of Central Asia (the Stans)
Siberia
Primorsk
The Ottoman Empire
Arabia
Northern Romania
All of North Africa
All of Saharan Africa
All of West Africa except for Freetown and Liberia
Abyssinia

We used seven nuclear bombs in the invasion of Russia, in a purely tactical capacity, and added Russia, Finland, and Malorossa (Ukraine) to our holdings. The next campaigns are Europe and Africa; I've got about 200,000 men ready to charge south through the latter while the main Japanese Army is massing on the border with Europe. Our major target is the German Empire, but they are allied with every single European country outside the Balkans except for the Union of Britain and Switzerland. Thus, I am preparing the "Five-leaved Blossom" plan for the European campaign. It is as follows.

A lightning strike through the southern Baltic to cut off German troops in Estonia, Lativa, and Courland. This will be mopped up and the units used will swing south to aid Army Group Central.
Army Group Central is to make a gradual push westwards across Poland, Galicia-Lodomeria, White Ruthernia, Prussia, and Hungary. This is not expected to move very quickly, but it doesn't have to because it's only there to draw in Mitteleuropa's units.
A strike up through the Balkans to eventually meet Army Group Central, knocking out Bulgaria, Iron Guard Romania, Greece, and Albania before coming into contact with the various holdings directly controlled from Vienna.
A naval invasion of Italy, currently intended to make landings in Syracuse, Palermo, Ancona, and Anzio, the latter two cutting Italy in half while the former two, with reinforcements, conquer southern Italy and then link with the Anzio-Ancona line to push north.
From the Japanese-held city of Lisbon, a mechanized dash throughout Iberia, accompanied by Airborne invasion of the Pyrenees, to establish a frontline against the Kingdom of France's southern borders. This is unlikely to push into France unless the opportunity presents itself, but we will take the Kingdom of Spain out and furthermore draw a lot of German and French units to that border.

This will of course all be accompanied by enormous air power to establish air superiority, tactical and strategic bombing, and the use of the 2nd and 3rd Fleets, the former in the Atlantic/North Sea and the latter in the Med. (The 1st Fleet remains in the Pacific for now; we have a peace for now with the Canadian-led Entente but I don't trust them.) We are much more hesitant about deploying nuclear weapons in densely-populated Europe than we were about using them in the ass-end of Russia, but the nuclear option does remain if they prove necessary.