PDA

View Full Version : Irresponsible.

fire_of_avalon
12-06-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm sitting in my house watching movies. I'm supposed to be at work at 4 p.m. and I... just don't want to go.

So I'm debating whether or not I call in and say "PS I'm never coming back again" or if I work tonight and tell them that or if I just stay the rest of the time I'm supposed to.

The temptation to be irresponsible and a jerk is really, really tempting.

Tell me the last time you did something irresponsible that affected a lot of other people.

Pumpkin
12-06-2011, 06:14 PM
So I'm debating whether or not I call in and say "PS I'm never coming back again"

I've done that.

Don't do that.

drotato
12-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Lol, I slack off on stuff all the time, don't feel bad.

NorthernChaosGod
12-06-2011, 07:13 PM
I totally slacked on my music theory project. I bought three Monsters today in anticipation of the all-nighter that should follow.

How much longer are you there? Personally, I'd probably just tough it out.

fire_of_avalon
12-06-2011, 07:15 PM
I told them I could stay through the 18th. And I'm usually a person of my word.

But I really hate that place right now. A lot.

drotato
12-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Why do you hates it so much? D:

NorthernChaosGod
12-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Seems like a reasonable enough time frame. I still think I'd tough it out, but if you really hate it that much maybe you should just stop. :|

fire_of_avalon
12-06-2011, 07:28 PM
I hate it because everyday they pile more shit on. I don't get to do the actual good, fun, purposeful parts of my job.

I want to hear more stories about you guys being irresponsible.

drotato
12-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Oh, I see. D:

Um... I never do the laundry when I'm supposed to? (:

Old Manus
12-06-2011, 07:52 PM
I did a bit of lazy coding, so now the system that collates school pupil data for the whole country has a glaring bug in it.

Jessweeee♪
12-06-2011, 08:57 PM
I skipped an exam once in college. I was past the point of no return for academic suspension, so I was in a "wtf does it even matter if I get out of bed" kind of mood. But of course GPA is still a thing, so it did matter. It turned out it wouldn't have been taken for a grade anyway because the professor was going to drop the lowest exam score for everyone and I had made 100% on the other two, but as far as I knew I was weighing my grade down with a big fat zero.

Rostum
12-07-2011, 01:44 AM
I once burnt bridges in my line of work, and I regret it every day.

fire_of_avalon
12-07-2011, 05:28 AM
Jessweee, I once went to an exam drunk.

I made a B!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-07-2011, 06:17 AM
I have done all sorts of irresponsible things in my time. Currently, I am thinking about being irresponsible and buying a third vehicle.
My wife has a Ford Focus, and I have a Mustang. But I really want a truck. Without giving up my mustang. I still have work to do on her.
I want a truuuuuck!

Renmiri
12-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Mmmm.. When I visit my mom I completely abandon my "mom mode" and go play Bejeweled or watch TV or sleep, while she goes nuts running after my 3 kids.

And she keeps on inviting me O.o

Aaahh vacation.. so good!

DMKA
12-07-2011, 07:39 PM
I irresponsibly drank way too much a few New Years Eves ago, as a party guest at a house belonging to someone I didn't even know.

I was told afterward that it "affected" a lot of people. I'll never know for sure though.

NorthernChaosGod
12-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Continuing from my earlier project, I should have stayed up later to finish it. I messed up a bunch of chords. :nonono:

Shlup
12-07-2011, 10:49 PM
I very rarely went to class in college. Anyone who says that psychology is "a real science, guys--it's hard" is full of shit.

Clo
12-08-2011, 02:27 AM
Oh god, Psychology is so full of steamy rancid shit.

~*~Celes~*~
12-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Buying lots of things I don't really NEED when I SHOULD be saving up for a car -.o

Shiny
12-09-2011, 11:08 AM
I've stayed up late to finish research papers and essays countless amounts of times when I could have started it much earlier. Heck, I'm up right now doing a paper when it could've been finished over Thanksgiving Break. I find I write tedious papers better under a certain degree of pressure.

Jessweeee♪
12-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I reeeeeeaaally wanted to major in Psychology because it's so interesting, but none of the career options that come with a psychology degree were really for me :(

Breine
12-12-2011, 09:43 PM
I study in the field of humanities. I'm doomed when it comes to getting a job.

Pike
12-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Tell me the last time you did something irresponsible that affected a lot of other people.

Once I was driving down the highway and I decided to see how far I could go with my eyes closed before I psyched myself out and opened them again. I lasted about ten seconds.

(There was no one for miles around okay?)

Flying Arrow
12-13-2011, 01:56 AM
I'm working in a titfest job right now after doing so well for a long time. Was planning on getting a phd but I'm taking some time off and daaaammmmnnnn does it feel good to just be a lazy blue-collar guy again. Even though the burden of perpetual busyness has been lifted (my girlfriend and family keep telling me that I deserve some time off) I still feel like I'm taking advantage of that sentiment and being too smurfin' lazy for my own good. I've played way too many video games, listened to way too much music, and spent way too much time on the internet over the last 2-3 months. I'm starting to feel pretty embarrassed about myself actually.

Actually I have a sweet job interview and a potential business lunch coming up in a couple of days, so I guess I'm not all bad. Although my (kickass) uncle helped me out in initiating them when he found out I've been in a bit of a professional rut, so maybe I shouldn't feel too pleased with myself.

Welp, back to Dark Souls and Skyrim.

NorthernChaosGod
12-13-2011, 09:24 AM

Once I was driving down the highway and I decided to see how far I could go with my eyes closed before I psyched myself out and opened them again. I lasted about ten seconds.

(There was no one for miles around okay?)
Lol. I used to scare people by driving without looking a couple years ago. *high five*

drotato
12-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Yesterday was my last day for fun for a really long time, since I'm about to start working and whatnot. So instead of doing my laundry, I went and hung out with two friends I don't get to see much of. Not really responsible, but worth it, I think. :cool:

Jiro
12-14-2011, 03:19 AM
I don't think I'm irresponsible so much as I'm just not responsible :jess:

Quindiana Jones
12-18-2011, 02:39 AM
I'm working in a titfest job right now after doing so well for a long time.

I want to use this as another opportunity to dick on that smurftard censor idea. :bou::bou::bou::bou: is bad, tits are good. A titfest job is awesome, a :bou::bou::bou::bou:fest job is :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

NorthernChaosGod
12-18-2011, 03:51 AM
Someone thought it was funny.

Quindiana Jones
12-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Well someone is a :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Rantz
12-18-2011, 07:09 PM

And here I thought you liked me. :(

NorthernChaosGod
12-18-2011, 10:33 PM
I still like you.

drotato
12-19-2011, 02:39 AM

And here I thought you liked me. :(

I thought it was funny, Rantz... :confused:

eestlinc
12-19-2011, 04:40 AM
f_o_a I hope you went and stay out your time. Although I can sympathaize with not going back. I did that once, at a restaurant job. It was a horrible summer when all my coworker friends were out of town. It was a super lonely summer, and the job got so bad that by mid July I just quit and never went back, never picked up my last paycheck (which was for like $20, yay tips). The next week my car got towed while parked in my regular parking spot because the police decided to make some money by putting up "no parking" signs at midnight and towing everyone on my street. That was a tough time. I survived and so will you, either way, but I still hope you stay out your time on the job.

other irresponsibility for me? last week I "worked from home" for two days because I wanted to sleep and I knew I didn't have much going on at work anyway. I logged into my work network from home and went back to bed until noon. It was great.

Quindiana Jones
12-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Well, here's a moral dilemma.

Is my love for Rantz greater than my hatred of that filter? Find out next time on... Rantz and Friends!

drotato
12-20-2011, 02:45 AM
Well, here's a moral dilemma.

Is my love for Rantz greater than my hatred of that filter? Find out next time on... Rantz and Friends!

Well... I know the title of that show could use an improvement. /smug

fire_of_avalon
12-20-2011, 04:01 AM
Stop spamming this thread, Quin and the Badly Bads.

eest, I ended up not working my full MONTH LONG notice but I gave them two weeks. It was what they deserved.

Quindiana Jones
12-21-2011, 02:52 AM
I'm sorry, foa. It was quite... irresponsible of me.

Fucking. Boom.

Jiro
12-22-2011, 02:30 AM
If it weren't for the rep points on that post, I would delete your post. All of you jerks enabling him. HE HAS A SERIOUS CONDITION, STOP IT.

Quindiana Jones
12-22-2011, 03:12 AM
I'm about to Limit Break. DOLPHIN BLOW!

VampireCrono
12-22-2011, 05:34 AM
*posts*

NorthernChaosGod
12-22-2011, 07:51 AM
If it weren't for the rep points on that post, I would delete your post. All of you jerks enabling him. HE HAS A SERIOUS CONDITION, STOP IT.
Okay, Buzz Killington.

Tigmafuzz
12-23-2011, 12:55 PM
*posts*
*quotes a post*

drotato
12-23-2011, 10:50 PM
*posts*
*quotes a post*
*quotes a post within a post*

NorthernChaosGod
12-24-2011, 12:01 AM
http://i44.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/jtt1g8.jpg

Jiro
12-24-2011, 01:36 AM
:shobon: