PDA

View Full Version : Being aware of your surroundings.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-08-2011, 10:21 PM
For those who might not know, acetylene is a very flammable gas used for welding, metal working, and various other industrial applications.

Having it in an enclosed space with no ventilation is wrong. If you suspect a gas leak, using something that creates sparks (like a switch) is wrong.

And yet some how this guy survives. Sometimes it's better to be dumb and lucky, than well prepared.

Story:

"So my time almost came to an end this morning... im very lucky to be alive.

First of all, GO HUG YOUR WIFE/HUBBY and tell them you love them.

i had an acetylene bottle in my truck, the valve was bumped so slightly and over night the truck filled with the gas. i noticed the smell, and opened the doors to air out the truck. i drove the truck out of the garage to get some more air movement. i went to roll the pass side window down and as soon as i touched the power windows. BAM. with me in the truck. i lost all hearing out of my right ear and got a scratch on the back of my head. all things considering, im alive.

so now ive got the question out to toyota about a 2012 TT. 125 to canada only, 15 in standard. i want a standard...

pictures tell 1000 words.

dont take any minutes or seconds you have for granted... it may be your last...

peace everyone,
evan... "

EDIT: The link no longer works, probably due to the positive feedback the guy was receiving. I found some pictures, though.

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/img_0110.jpg

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/img_0111.jpg

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/img_0112.jpg

We get links like this from time to time with my line of work, and this guy struck out, yet still lives.

1) Leaving an acetylene tank in a small, enclosed space.
2)Cranking the truck
3)Using the power window switch.

He's lucky something like the dome light didn't ignite it too. Lucky, lucky, lucky.

NorthernChaosGod
12-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Why is he making this out to be some touching "life is precious" message when he's the dumbass that caused all of this? :confused:

And good riddance, those cars are ugly.

chionos
12-09-2011, 05:30 AM
So he's one of those Darwin Award close calls. Not NEARLY as cool as hearing about an actual winner. Can we rewrite this so the guy dies?

sharkythesharkdogg
12-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Yes, agreed. I think a fan fiction where he is obliterated might be good for the children. Someone get on that.

EDIT: It seems they've closed the thread now. I supposed he was getting some "not very encouraging" messages.

Psychotic
12-09-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm not married so I had to stop reading after the second line. I hope it wasn't too exciting a read, I feel like I may have missed out.

Quindiana Jones
12-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Life is precious. You never know when it might get snatched away from you. But if you're sticking your dick in a meat grinder, it's probably quite soon.

fire_of_avalon
12-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Maybe he'll be smarter in the future.

I'm trying to think of the last time I did something really dumb and potentially dangerous. Yesterday I went driving on black ice at 4 am. But... to be honest that was more fun than dangerous because I was a little more aware of what was going on around me. So that was just a risk due to recklessness not a risk due to dumbness. Most people don't allow me near explodey things.

chionos
12-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Maybe he'll be smarter in the future.

I'm trying to think of the last time I did something really dumb and potentially dangerous. Yesterday I went driving on black ice at 4 am. But... to be honest that was more fun than dangerous because I was a little more aware of what was going on around me. So that was just a risk due to recklessness not a risk due to dumbness. Most people don't allow me near explodey things.

Some people would say to this that recklessness IS dumbness.

Jiro
12-14-2011, 03:28 AM
There is a difference. Some people just have both in spades.

chionos
12-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Jiro 2.1 now available!
Obnoxious kid that doesn't sleep posting more than you and getting all the attention? (and girls!) Never fear, Jiro is here. Just extract tightwhitejeans.rar and sit back and watch as Jiro 2.1 posts quirky one-liners in ALL THE THREADS! They'll never know what hit em'!
They'll be dazzled by posts like:

Coincidentally, he was on the money with the one sock idea. It's a thigh high one.

and
I'm not at liberty to say.

and don't forget
Seriously?

But wait
There's more
the 2.1 update includes the NorthernChaosGod beta!

All of your posts will be followed by a post from NCG_bot146, the next generation of spambots! They make no sense and refer to your posts, so you get ALL THE ATTENTIONS!

Hot damn I need to go to bed I think.

Seriously though, of course there's a difference. Dumbness includes more than just recklessness. But being reckless is just dumb. I mean, sure some people get away with it and get to look awesome on Youtube, but for every one of those there's 500 idiots tearing their scrotum and looking like morons for millions of people to laugh at.

Shlup
12-14-2011, 08:55 AM
One time I spilled tomato soup on my keyboard so BJ got me a spare keyboard from the closet and then I spilled V8 on it. And I don't mean I eventually spilled V8 on it, I mean like within 15 minutes.

I frequently spill things just everywhere.

chionos
12-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Seriously, Shlup, I know you tried, but clumsiness will not win you a Darwin Award.

Clumsiest Person in the World.

Yeah, that one's all yours.

NorthernChaosGod
12-14-2011, 02:59 PM
One time I spilled tomato soup on my keyboard so BJ got me a spare keyboard from the closet and then I spilled V8 on it. And I don't mean I eventually spilled V8 on it, I mean like within 15 minutes.

I frequently spill things just everywhere.
How is that even possible? Don't you work with sharp objects for your store? I'm scared for you.

Jiro
12-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Maybe she's one of those strange people who fails at simple things but excels where there is great potential danger.

Quindiana Jones
12-18-2011, 02:33 AM
Maybe she's one of those strange people who fails at simple things but excels where there is great potential danger.

Everything I believe of Shlup contradicts this statement.

Sylvie
12-18-2011, 02:35 AM
Shlup is more proficient at precise measurements and flourishing in highly intense moments of fragility than any of you could hope.

I know this because she has performed surgery on me.

Quindiana Jones
12-18-2011, 03:31 AM
What kind?

NorthernChaosGod
12-18-2011, 03:51 AM
Sexy surgery?

Sylvie
12-18-2011, 03:58 AM
You'll have to send her a bunch of private messages about it.