PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Cross mechanics

VeloZer0
12-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Since the recent PSN release I (like I imagine many of you ) have been playing Chrono Cross again. Does anyone know, or know where to find, a breakdown of how all the elemental modifiers work in battle? For instance if I have a field +1 towards the element of the attacking character how much more damage does that translate too. Also, how does equipping elements above or bellow their ideal rank affect them? How much stronger or weaker does it make them?

chionos
12-11-2011, 02:30 AM
I don't know that I've ever seen a breakdown of the specific numbers involved. It really wouldn't be all that difficult to test, so I'm surprised it's not more prevalent. Maybe you should work on it. ^^

VeloZer0
12-11-2011, 07:20 AM
I know for a bunch of the games there are battle mechanics guides which basically break down every calculation that goes into the game. They are usually so thorough that I am almost 100% certain they are obtained by looking at the code itself.

Alas no such luck for CC.

Wolf Kanno
12-11-2011, 05:38 PM
You probably can't find one because elements are pretty underwhelming in terms of damage by midway through the game. Hell, I simply use them in end game or new game+ simply to prevent the enemy from getting an advantage. Seriously, the combo/melee system can usually far out damage what elements can do with the right weapon, and when you get broken characters like Guile, whose normal heavy attack also hits all targets, the element system is pretty moot outside of getting the games true ending.

VeloZer0
12-11-2011, 06:28 PM
This is all about knowledge my friend. :p
I'm just disappointed that there isn't a mechanics guide in general for the game.

...such a nerd...

Flying Arrow
12-11-2011, 07:12 PM
I've looked for this before too. Checking GameFAQs there doesn't seem to be anything of what you're looking for. Most 'magic guides' seem to be descriptions and locations of elements.