PDA

View Full Version : Spyro fans tend to hate Skylanders?

MJN SEIFER
12-11-2011, 10:21 PM
I can't see if there's a topic on Skylanders, but to me it seems like an interesting idea using toys as characters in your game, okay, yeah, it means you have to spend more money to get everyone in the game, but it seems kinda cool in that your more involved (maybe growing up around anime helped me appreciate the idea?). I've played it a friend's and it's pretty fun, she's already got enough characters to make it a game.

I've noticed that people online seem to be critical of the game, the majority being fans of the Spyro franchise. I will admit when I first saw the adverts for the game I was a little confused as to what Spyro was doing there; the actual name of the game is "Skylanders: Spyro's Adventures", but on comercials it gets called "Skylanders", and the fact that the advert that showed Spyro himself in the game made no extra effort to point out that it was him, or even that the game had anything to do with Spyro at all, admitidly made me think that they had simply copied the character, or at least based a character on him.

Spyro fans seem to hate the idea that he is in Skylanders even though it's technically supposed to be part of his series, and some people have been complaining how they "made Spyro purple" (he was always purple). I will admit, that he does look slightly different (which is why when I first saw him, I thought that it was another character who was moddled on Spyro, and that Skylanders would be sued soon) but it's still obviously him. I like the Spyro games, and Skylanders so I don't fit into this catagory, so what's going on? :confused: