PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember...?

Laddy
12-13-2011, 04:57 AM
Do you remember and famous old EoFFers?

I do. A Most Loved Man pops into my mind. Guy was awesome.

Agent Proto
12-13-2011, 05:17 AM
You betcha! When you've been around as long as I've been, several members from the past come up to mind. Sometimes frequently, other times not so. I could name a few, like Britt, BOU, and Temple Knig- oh seems like I did name a few. (Did you know I wrote a story about Britt and BOU?) Now imagine who Loony BoB would name when he answers this thread.

Sylvie
12-13-2011, 06:07 AM
roto13, Sephiroth1999AD, The Man, nik0tine, Sasquatch, danger, and Cid! Just a few that come to mind.

Oh and lovehurts. Talking on the talkies.

NorthernChaosGod
12-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Semi-relevant: I remember being a member of some FF message board a couple of years before my registration date here, but I can't remember if that was just this place and I lagged on re-registering or if I'm forgetting somewhere completely different. This has been bothering me for a while now. :|

Loony BoB
12-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Can't think of any for the life of me... ;)

RSL
12-13-2011, 06:19 PM
I remember 12 of them.

chionos
12-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Dr. Unne
Britt
Asorie
Calliope
Rydia

Eoff's had some pretty cool users over the years. I've thought about them occasionally...things like

Has Unne burned down a church yet?
Has Calliope ascended?
How's Rydia's art going?
Did Britt and Asorie hook up or was I just imagining things?

Loony BoB
12-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Asorie, bossker, Chaos, Danni, Etienne, Ferenan, Gilgamesh, Halan, IGN64skanker, Jewels, Kalen, Linus, Mindflare, Naitsirk, One Winged Angel, Princess Usa, Queenie*24, Red Wizard, Sita Atis, The Model Citizen, Ultimate Sandwich, Velld, Winged Sorceress, Xander, Yamaneko, Zell's Fists of Fury.

EDIT: Forgot a couple of letters. xD

Old Manus
12-13-2011, 07:37 PM
OFFICIAL EOFF MEMBERS WHO NEED TO RETURN POWER RANKINGS

Rasputen
Nait
Neel
Kirobaito
Iri Valentine
Caspian
Kathryn
Cloud No. 9
Heath (yeah he's still here somewhere but needs to post more)
scrumpleberry
RSL

More to come.

chionos
12-13-2011, 07:43 PM
<3 bossker, sita atis, nait, danni, kalen, halan

>_<

sadness

Agent Proto
12-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Has Calliope ascended?
How's Rydia's art going?

Dr Unne hasn't burned down any churches, but if you remembered Skye-chan, the two got married last I recalled.
Same with Calliope and Spuuky, unless they're just living together or something.
As for Britt and Asorie, hell if I know what happened to them.
Now Rydia of Mist, if that's the Rydia you're talking about, switched genders and is now a dude named Bastian, and his screen name's now Doofhull

chionos
12-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Has Calliope ascended?
How's Rydia's art going?

Dr Unne hasn't burned down any churches, but if you remembered Skye-chan, the two got married last I recalled.
Same with Calliope and Spuuky, unless they're just living together or something.
As for Britt and Asorie, hell if I know what happened to them.
Now Rydia of Mist, if that's the Rydia you're talking about, switched genders and is now a dude named Bastian, and his screen name's now Doofhull

Dr Unne married...hmmm...woah...did he get married...in a CHURCH? I wouldn't think he'd be into the traditional marriage thing anyway...
I never saw anything official, but I pieced the calliope spuuky thing together b/c of the *permanent smite* *permanently smitten* thing.
Well, how's Doofhull's art then? lol Wait, his real name's Bastian now? That's awesome.
I miss Asorie for the avatar.

Loony BoB
12-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Britt and Asorie are doing fine in their respective lives. I believe they hooked up at one point, very long ago when they were still at EoFF, but it was not a long lasting relationship on that level. I think they're still friends, though, dunno how well they keep up with each other. Asorie's married, I think?

The rest everyone else seems to have covered! Any other people of interest? If I don't have a method of getting in touch with them I can always stalk them like the creepy bastard I... might be. :shifty:

chionos
12-13-2011, 09:07 PM
The Childlike Empress....married?
It's like my childhood's being shattered.

How much do you charge for creep-on-requests?

Loony BoB
12-13-2011, 09:08 PM
The price depends on the target and the extent of the creeping.

Jessweeee♪
12-13-2011, 10:39 PM
I miss Leen-Leen and Dynast-Kid :(

Laddy, bring the Survivor crew back! Bring all of them back!

DMKA
12-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Anyone else remember Linus and Leeza and SeebySee and MecaKane and Yamaneko and Spaceman Spiff and edzbsdsmvm and RSL and HOOTERS? :bigsmile:

Oh and remember Kathryn and ffbabe and kirk81 and crash64648465132132165648? God they were awesome.

chionos
12-13-2011, 11:26 PM
Linus that little arrogant bastard, how could anyone forget him?
I feel like I've not lived up to my EoFF heritage by not remembering Spiff and Hooters. Funny dudes.

drotato
12-14-2011, 01:38 AM
Chaos actually met me in a chat room in 2007, and he directed me here. So he's the reason I even joined. (:
He's like... nowhere to be found nowadays, though. ; ~;

I wanna thank him for introducing me to you all.

Jiro
12-14-2011, 02:36 AM
Posting to seem old and cool

Rantz
12-14-2011, 10:47 AM
If you didn't post yesterday, chances are I've forgotten all about you until you show up again.

Shlup
12-14-2011, 01:20 PM
I was under the impression that Unne's marriage was mostly for legal reasons. Running from the law or something. I think he was smuggling drugs. I heard it from a reliable source! Totally!

Calliope and Spuuky are married. Calliope updates her LJ all the time.

It's adorable that Laddy put "A Most Loved Man."

And I can't believe BoB did every letter. Yeesh. I would've thought you'd put Wyllius for W though.

Jiro
12-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Posting to be remembered? :(

I'll tell you what though. Linus had better come back. We got him a fucking job, he owes us.

I will never forget.

Loony BoB
12-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Chaos actually met me in a chat room in 2007, and he directed me here. So he's the reason I even joined. (:

Possibly a different Chaos. Chaos is a girl, she lives near DK and is pretty awesome. Great artist, too.

NorthernChaosGod
12-14-2011, 02:53 PM
If you didn't post yesterday, chances are I've forgotten all about you until you show up again.
That's so cute. You're like an infant that doesn't have object permanence yet. :jess:

chionos
12-14-2011, 03:16 PM
I was under the impression that Unne's marriage was mostly for legal reasons. Running from the law or something. I think he was smuggling drugs. I heard it from a reliable source! Totally!

Calliope and Spuuky are married. Calliope updates her LJ all the time.

It's adorable that Laddy put "A Most Loved Man."

And I can't believe BoB did every letter. Yeesh. I would've thought you'd put Wyllius for W though.

Really? You can't believe it? I'm surprised he didn't do 10 of every letter and numbers and symbols too. I'm more and more convinced every day that Loony BoB is not a real person at all but an EoFF AI that's gained sentience.

Loony BoB
12-14-2011, 04:01 PM
The intention was to do three generations of the alphabet, but letters like U and Q left me lacking. :(

drotato
12-14-2011, 04:54 PM

Possibly a different Chaos. Chaos is a girl, she lives near DK and is pretty awesome. Great artist, too.
Yeah, I was talking about Chaos is the Key. He's a pretty old member too. xD

Goldenboko
12-14-2011, 05:14 PM
The intention was to do three generations of the alphabet, but letters like U and Q left me lacking. :(

Now do it in Greek.

I don't know what I'd quantify as a famous EoFFer, but I remember some polarizing characters, and anyone I particularly liked I, for the most part, kept in contact with. ;p

chionos
12-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Ασοριε, Βοσσκερ, Χαος, Δαννι, Ετιεννε, Φερεναν, Γιλγαμε, Ηαλαν, ΙΓΝ64Σκανκερ, Ξεωελς, Καλεν, Λινυς, Μινδφλαρε, Ναιτσιρκ, Ονε Ωιγγεδ Αγγελ, Πρινκεσς Υσα, Κυεενιε*24, Ρεδ Ωιζαρδ, Σιτα Ατις, Τηε Μοδελ Κιτιζεν, Υλτιματε Σανδωιχ, Φελλδ, Ωιγγεδ Σορκερεσς, Ξανδερ, Υαμανεκο, Ζελλ'ς Φιστς οφ Φυρυ

Goldenboko
12-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Respect.

Del Murder
12-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Who's Goldenboko?

chionos
12-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Someone who inexplicably loves FFV.

Goldenboko
12-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Who's Goldenboko?

He's a really underground member so you've probably never heard of him.

Del Murder
12-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Do you mean people walked all over him?

black orb
12-15-2011, 05:37 AM
>>> I remember a couple of people.. Collector, Joel (what happened to that guy?), NEX, Rirse, etc..:luca:

Sylvie
12-15-2011, 05:58 AM
lol Joel

And HEY black orb, I remember you as the best artist on EoFF. And having a cool username.

Shlup
12-15-2011, 07:26 AM
He still wins the "Best Artist" Ciddie all the freaking time, it seems.

Psychokitty
12-15-2011, 08:39 AM
What about random obscure EoFFers like the horrible misspelling known as Demon Cloud Striff, later known as Psychokitty and then finally as Dman2life? x3 I doubt my nigh on 5 years means much in light of those who have been here for 12 years.

Jiro
12-15-2011, 10:17 AM
Is that an admission to having second accounts? Because October '09 -> Now is not nigh on five years :greenie: Admins, do some merging.

I remember Goldenboko. He was one of my favourites. Too bad he disappeared, never to be seen again huh. It's so sad. Gobo for Most Missed '11.

Loony BoB
12-15-2011, 12:17 PM
If we're talking obscure, let's not forget the more underrated / not-so-famous members such as Bahamut2000X, Sephiroth1999AD, CloudSquallandZidane...

Parker
12-15-2011, 12:24 PM
That really nice fella but I don't remember his name it was like one syllable and began with B, like blip or bup or something. He was a nice fella.

And is kishi still around?

Loony BoB
12-15-2011, 12:44 PM
He still posts once in a blue moon!

As for the person you were referring to, it's not one syllable but... bipper, maybe?

Parker
12-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Yea, you're right, it's bipper. I always remembered him as bip :love:

Hella nice fella, hope he's fine and dandy

Psychokitty
12-15-2011, 06:30 PM
xD I think I explained my two accounts tha last time I mysteriously popped up as not knowing the password any longer, and that the email address I had back then doesn't exist any longer.

I remember a lot of these names. Brings back good memories.

Raistlin
12-15-2011, 07:47 PM
I miss Yams, Unne, and RSL. RSL, we have missed you in fantasy football! :(

Dr Unne married...hmmm...woah...did he get married...in a CHURCH? I wouldn't think he'd be into the traditional marriage thing anyway...

They did not have a ceremony, as far as I know.

Chris
12-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Kami, Zuzu, Zelda and me, were a gang once upon a long ago. None of are around much anymore, and I do miss them. :(

Pike
12-16-2011, 03:06 PM
I miss a bunch of people who don't count as oldbies because I've only been here since 2005 (and I disappeared for like three years so it feels even shorter).

Alive-Cat
12-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Rasputin :heart:

Tigmafuzz
12-27-2011, 05:45 AM
Wow. So many names. So many memories.
Well, not that many. But the ones I have are lasting.

chionos
12-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Mik, Scottie, Chickencha

There are quite a few people who were around near the beginning who didn't stay long but made quite an impact on EoFF's development. I don't necessarily mean with the behind-the-scenes development, but with having a personality that influenced EoFF's identity.

rubah
12-28-2011, 06:40 PM
I miss RSL, apparently! ;_; By like two weeks

maybe JAFFAR or Devil Man

I Took the Red Pill
01-04-2012, 01:11 AM
Avarice-ness
Denmark
Cz
Psydekick (aka Sora! he's probably gone thru puberty by now lol)

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-04-2012, 02:38 AM
He wasn't an oldbie or anything, in fact he joined right around when I did, but I miss G Sp0tZ.

Renmiri
01-07-2012, 11:47 PM
PiP's life here was short but flashy, i remember how much he talked about his hair :p Roto13 was banned then got back here last year. Tavrobel has been very quiet, is he still around ? VincentThunderofGod (think it was that) got banned, never got back, most of the other oldbies post more than I do so i see them often. Heavens I've been here for 1/2 a decade!

Quindiana Jones
01-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Hey! VTG is back now! After that incident with the social experiment and him losing his mind. Those were the days.

It makes me a sad, lonely bastard that I actually remember damn near all of the names posted here from at least one interaction. Although it saddens me nobody has mentioned Owen Macwere. Did killer sigs (and supplied the majority of my names with a setup) and was an all round cool guy.

Crop
01-08-2012, 01:50 AM
GooeyToast...man that bro was always Keeping it Gooey.

~Keep it Gooey~

chionos
01-08-2012, 04:10 AM
PiP's life here was short but flashy, i remember how much he talked about his hair :p Roto13 was banned then got back here last year. Tavrobel has been very quiet, is he still around ? VincentThunderofGod (think it was that) got banned, never got back, most of the other oldbies post more than I do so i see them often. Heavens I've been here for 1/2 a decade!

There's a Vincent, Thunder God (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/21540.html) if that's who you mean. He's still around.

I also miss Kalen. And Balin, and Oin, and Fili, and Ori, and Bofur, and Dori, and Dwalin, and Bifur, and Bombur, and Gloin, and Kili, and Nori. And ThorinmotherfuckingOakenshield. Yeah, those guys were great.

Jiro
01-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Owen Macwere.

aw man :(

Sylvie
01-08-2012, 11:02 PM
I planted a tree for Owen, to pay him respect and tribute for the trouble I caused him when I was an envious and naive middle-schooler.

Yar
01-09-2012, 06:35 AM
I remember Jojee because of that biking trip we did together~

idk I don't really miss anyone. Everyone I met here that isn't really here anymore I talk to somewhere else!

Sylvie
01-09-2012, 06:37 AM
I miss Liz. I think her username was ff7+ff10gurl or something.

Shlup
01-09-2012, 08:44 PM
You betcha! When you've been around as long as I've been, several members from the past come up to mind. Sometimes frequently, other times not so. I could name a few, like Britt, BOU, and Temple Knig- oh seems like I did name a few. (Did you know I wrote a story about Britt and BOU?) Now imagine who Loony BoB would name when he answers this thread.

Haven't you and I been around a few weeks longer than BoB? We showed up a month before Kishi, and I think BoB was after that.

I don't think about the past very often in general. May old aquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind, etc.

chionos
01-09-2012, 09:55 PM

Haven't you and I been around a few weeks longer than BoB? We showed up a month before Kishi, and I think BoB was after that.

I don't think about the past very often in general. May old aquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind, etc.

BoB's a name-dropper though, and nostalgic, and he remembers a lot of people because he doesn't throw away the pictures when he stops stalking them, and who at EoFF hasn't BooB stalked at one time or another?

NorthernChaosGod
01-09-2012, 11:33 PM
I want to say that he never stalked me. Although he does know where I live.

Loony BoB
01-10-2012, 09:11 AM
I want to say that he never stalked me. Although he does know where I live.
See what I did there? :)

Shattered Dreamer
01-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Chemical, Rodarian & Balthier Rocks. I miss those guys!

Loony BoB
01-11-2012, 12:58 PM
I registered the same day of the previous month to Kishi, so something like 28th August 2000 or... something! I didn't post much for quite some time, though, and most of my first posts were in the FFV forum. I registered one week either before or after (I forget which) Agent Proto. But I'm pretty confident you registered back in the ezBoard days, didn't you, Shlup? =o

Quindiana Jones
01-12-2012, 06:59 AM
Can I call her Granny Shlup?

Agent Proto
01-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Yes you can. She's getting just as cranky, so might as well start on it.

Sylvie
01-12-2012, 08:13 AM
You think you can just simply refer to someone as something? You think you can just make up names for people? You think you can just go around touching and trying on baseball uniforms and deciding who those kids are?

NorthernChaosGod
01-12-2012, 08:18 AM
What in the fuck of fucks did you just say? :confused:

Pike
01-12-2012, 02:04 PM

I vote yes. It'd go well with Auntie Pike which I've already been for several years (just ask Dan)

chionos
01-12-2012, 04:21 PM
What in the smurf of smurfs did you just say? :confused:

I thought you spoke fluent Sylvie? He's commenting on the nature of identity. To help you understand better he's using baseball uniforms as a metaphor for the way people tend to mask their real identities. Who is Albert Pujols really? Is he a baseball hitting automaton or is he a man?
There's also something to be gleaned from Sylvie's text about the terrible way in which parents try to live vicariously through their children instead of letting them develop their own identity. Who are these children really? Are they themselves or are they simply clones of their parents?

I vote yes. It'd go well with Auntie Pike which I've already been for several years (just ask Dan)

I think Panty Pike sounds better.

fashion master
01-12-2012, 04:48 PM
No, I only remember blood coming out of his mouth.

It's already been mentioned, but his cut shouldn't keep him out six months, no way in hell. Vitali Klitschko got his eye torn apart against Lennox, and you could see things in his eye that were never meant to be seen. Vitali got 60 stitches and fought less than six months later.

Plus, that doctor that said Pacquiao can't spar until April is the boyfriend or fiancee of Arum's step daughter. He stitched Pacquiao up immediately after the fight, and hasn't seen him since (it's been two months).

I don't think he is in a position to gauge how well Pacquiao's cut has been healing and how long he'll be out.

EDIT: Firstly, Vitali's injury is very relevant. His cut was much worse, required many more stitches, and overall would have needed more time to heal. He FOUGHT less than six months later, and yet Pacquiao would need six months before he can SPAR? How is that logical?

Christmas
07-20-2022, 11:55 AM
THE DEVIL MAN is the most famous EoFFer. The rest do not even come close. I propose to unban and drop him an email begging to grace us with his manliness. :bigsmile:

Loony BoB
07-20-2022, 12:03 PM
This thread just reminds me of how many people I used to know and makes me a little... not sad, but like... reluctantly accepting of the fact that I have far fewer friends than I used to have.

Quindiana Jones
07-20-2022, 02:07 PM
Honestly, we banned all the cool and interesting people and just kept all the weirdos. :D

Christmas
07-21-2022, 03:10 AM
The staffs are biased towards cool ppl. We need another rebellion or revolution. :mymelbert:

Quindiana Jones
07-21-2022, 03:39 AM
Revolution is too cool, man. We'd never make it.

Mr Gashtacular
07-21-2022, 05:23 PM
Do you remember and famous old EoFFers?

I do. A Most Loved Man pops into my mind. Guy was awesome.

the only truly famous eoffer is the one who appeared on hit UK show Come Dine With Me.

Quindiana Jones
07-21-2022, 05:26 PM
WHAT

WHO

WHEN

Mr Gashtacular
07-21-2022, 05:31 PM
this is the only forum reference i can find: http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/148196-Come-Dine-With-Me-EoFF-Edition!?p=3206387&viewfull=1#post3206387

i dont remember the members name, but at some point they got down on all fours and did a "hippo dance" and that's all I can remember

edit: actually later in that thread the poster replies, its boris no no! http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/148196-Come-Dine-With-Me-EoFF-Edition!?p=3207017&viewfull=1#post3207017

Shauna
07-21-2022, 07:04 PM
haha yeah i remember watching that just because ol' boris no no and kagga showed up. good times.

Mr Gashtacular
07-22-2022, 09:17 AM
remember when they cancelled Crimewatch in 2017 because of declining ratings? viewers were tired of "tuning in" and seeing that 80% of coverage was of eoff member psychotic!!!!

Tigmafuzz
07-27-2022, 12:06 AM
Remember when every episode of cops had that one 2-second clip in the intro of BoB hackertyping on a 5-monitor setup when he was siphoning money so he could buy this website?