PDA

View Full Version : [XIII-2] Oh, the pains of pre-ordering...

Silent Warrior
12-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Here's me thinking I might do something wild and pre-order a certain video game, and what do I see? Nordic edition, Collector's edition, and Crystal edition. (The two editions beginning with C are probably the same as the rest of the world - Nordic brags about new costumes for Serah and Noel.)
I'm having trouble chosing. I'm fine with the standard/Nordic offering, but I'm kinda interested in the soundtrack (well, I don't actually know if I'll like it, seeing as I haven't heard any of it). I also don't really care for having YET ANOTHER T-shirt (I have, like, 30 or so already, for some reason...), and art books don't interest me in the least...

The issue of soundtracks stand thusly:
Composer's (or s' - who/what is/are the composer/s, anyway?) selected tracks come with both Coll. and Crystal editions, both get some art book or other. Crystal gets the whole kit and kaboodle - T-shirt, misc. paraphernalia, full 4 CD soundtrack along with the selected tracks.

As for budget, I have to confess I am a little bit more strained than I normally am. I did, however, just receive a tax return that would cover four Crystal bundles and still leave enough left for a respectable dinner at a restaurant. Well, a not-terribly-classy restaurant, then. I don't consider money an issue right now.

Loony BoB
12-18-2011, 09:55 AM
Personally, I would advise on waiting to see if you actually like the soundtrack and then just purchasing it online.

Del Murder
12-18-2011, 08:53 PM
This thread reminded me to pre-order this game. :) Didn't get the super special extended ultra collectors anniversary edition though.

Silent Warrior
12-26-2011, 08:25 AM
Loony Bob: Hm, imported soundtracks tend to be about twice as expensive over here as they'd normally be. Buying the normal pack first and the soundtrack later would likely cost me more than just getting the Crystal edition. I have to admit I enjoyed much of the FF13 soundtrack (and didn't hate any of it, either) - if this one is more of the same, I think I'll want it.

*Think some more* Meh, only one step up from the ordinary pack, methinks. Collector's.