PDA

View Full Version : So yeah, Xenogears.

NeoCracker
12-16-2011, 01:23 AM
RPS badge, is it worth the fucking headache to get? I looked a bit into it, but I don't know if the prize of getting these badge things is worth the hassle.

Wolf Kanno
12-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Yeah, they are worth it. Especially since the RPS badge is the hardest to get and you get some great money from doing the mini-game anyway, whereas the others are pretty simple, but you get some great gear accessories that you wouldn't obtain until almost the end of the Disc, so its pretty useful. Also don't forget to pick up the Mermaid's Tear in the Lahan bar, it nets you Emerelda's best armor in Disc 2.

NeoCracker
12-17-2011, 03:27 AM
I got the tear, but said fuck the Badge. To much damned work.

Shotgunnova
12-31-2011, 04:42 AM
Later, you could've traded (all 3 of) the badges in for a Power Ring S and Charger A. The payoff is pretty mediocre, but playing the H&S game in Bledavik more than makes up for the sidequest's shortcomings.

Roogle
01-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Are you playing the game on an emulator? You might want to consider using codes or savestates to get around the tedium of certain sidequests.

I hear that there is a code that speeds up the scrolling of the game text significantly, too.

NeoCracker
01-04-2012, 06:57 AM
I downloaded it on PSN actually. :p

edczxcvbnm
01-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Hey yo. It doesn't seem like THAT big of a pain to get. I have seen much worse out there in terms of random BS that takes HOURS to get.

I just did a search online and found something somewhat helpful.

RPS Badge - At Lahan (don't leave this for later!), talk to the RPS Maniac and challenge him. You must defeat him 5 times in a row to get the badge. It takes a bit luck, but there's an interesting trick that helps you guess which option he'll choose. After you win the first time, he won't use the same option he just lost with (if he used Rock and you used Paper, he won't use Rock the next time, so if you use Scissors, the worst case scenario would be a draw). After the fourth try, the process beings anew, though.

I guess he follows patterns. I assume you found this though. As an aside, I never did any of the quests in Xenogears. The game is already too damn long as it is and the game isn't that hard to begin with, especially the gear battles where they balanced it with what you can buy in the shop.