PDA

View Full Version : I will stuff your manger full of material items

Sylvie
12-18-2011, 02:31 AM
What are you getting for Christmas? I didn't see a thread for this.

My dad is getting me an Acer Aspire One AO722-0473 Netbook.

And my girlriend is probably getting me this wig:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/OdinDragoon/Paper20Doll1.jpg

And what are you getting people for Christmas?

I'm getting my girlfriend Far Away by Avon.
Far Away Avon perfume - a fragrance for women 1994 (http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Avon/Far-Away-4908.html)

Laddy
12-18-2011, 02:35 AM
Fruitcake. Bunches of fruitcake.

Pike
12-18-2011, 02:42 AM
I gave Hux a My Little Pony Fashion Style Rarity toy and he's the only person I bought a present for because I am broke as a joke.

fire_of_avalon
12-18-2011, 02:51 AM
I got my dad new shoes and a vacuum cleaner. I'll also be getting him chocolate covered cherries. And maybe some thermals.

I got my sister an iron skillet, a baby sling, pajamas, and Practical Magic (aka The Sisters Powell) on DVD.

I got my nephew some more clothes and a soft puppy stuffie.

I got my tiny cousin.... something. I think a bath toy.

I got my non-biologically related friend-children Hi-Ho Cherry-o and a bath toy.

I got one set of marrieds a blown glass wine stopper.

I'm getting the other set of marrieds a gift card to take themselves out.

I got my unmarried friend a sequined fan.

I got EoFFers some Christmas cards.

I will get some Christmas cards in return. I got two already! (I love you too, Lynxie. And thanks shion.)

That's probably it.

Miriel
12-18-2011, 02:53 AM
I'm giving Del Murder a shirt with long sleeves, endless discussions about wedding related stuff, and a dinner comprised of pickles. Nothing but pickles.

I got my mom her fav perfume (http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P133401&categoryId=B70), my Dad I got him a couple Dad-esque sweaters and also a gift certificate to McDonalds since he loooves their ice coffee. I'm getting my brother something from here: Cool Material (http://coolmaterial.com/)

Other friends are getting homemade cookies, and handmade Christmas ornaments (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/Livejournal/balls.jpg).

My own present, I'm waiting until Apple releases their new Macbook Pro/Mac Air line next year. :excited:

Quindiana Jones
12-18-2011, 02:57 AM
I'm taking my adopted daughter to see a play written by someone called Avon. Our "I Want To Be Your Crow" tickets arrived today,, in fact. Hopefully they're not fakes, ahahahaha!

Peegee
12-18-2011, 02:59 AM
I wish I could get you HRT. that would be awesome.

My brother asked for belts from Zara. I'm going to buy him both. I also already bought my kid brother two items from his wishlist. I don't even remember what I bought him.

My sister in law's present is bought. I'm going to give my kid brother 70 bucks for my part.

I asked my kid brother to buy me the DOOM set on steam. Doom 1-3+expansion and extras. Woot

my brother (zara belts) was going to buy me a shirt until i realized i had no idea what my shoulder width was. so now he's going to buy me converses.

i dunno what i'm getting from my sister-in-law. i forget what we were getting the parents. oops.

Shlup
12-18-2011, 03:01 AM
I have just a massive pile of stuff that needs to be wrapped. I buy a lot for Christmas...

The best thing I probably bought was this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfpjMe1Xlpk) for my little sister.

I don't know what anyone is getting me. I have an Amazon wish list, so hopefully some of that.

Sylvie
12-18-2011, 03:03 AM
I wish I could get you HRT. that would be awesome.

I wouldn't subscribe to HRT. I think I'm a hot enough bitch without it. And I definitely wouldn't take your creepy Christmas-gift HRT, PenisGenius.

I asked my kid brother to buy me the DOOM set on steam. Doom 1-3+expansion and extras. Woot
Why don't you just get Doomsday and find the extremely small and extremely easily-found WAD files for Doom, Doom 2, and Final Doom? Then you can just worry about Doom 3.

Rostum
12-18-2011, 03:04 AM
I'm not sure what I'm getting.

However, I've gotten my girlfriend a few books (the latest A Song of Ice and Fire, the first Wheel of Time, My Big T.O.E.) and I also bought her a really cute summer dress and cardigan that she had tried on and was really wanting.

I got my mum a one hour full body and mind relaxation voucher.

I got my dad some new gym gear that he wanted.

I got my sister a rice cooker and some photo frames for her new apartment. And I got her boyfriend an AC/DC beer mug with a six pack of Dutch-imported Heineken to go with it (he's a huge AC/DC fan).

There's been other random stuff I've chipped in with my girlfriend for her family, but I won't go in to it.

starlet
12-18-2011, 05:38 AM
I got my husband and I tickets for Rammstein in May...he's gonna be so stoked :love:. I got my mom a lotion candle from fairysecrets.net. If you guys haven't heard of them they're candles and the wax after it's melted can be used as a lotion. I got one for myself just because it's the coolest thing ever. We draw names for my family's christmas party and I got my grandfather in law flannel pajama pants. I made up a gift basket-type thing for my in-laws with 2 monogram travel mugs and I stuffed some hot chocolate packets in them.

The only thing that I know I'm getting is a much needed new pair of thinning shears from my mom since mine are literally in pieces. And hopefully I'll be able to save up some of my christmas tips and get myself some new clippers....my cord is all taped up with electrical tape :/

Shiny
12-18-2011, 06:19 AM
I'm giving my dad a back massager because he's been complaining about his back hurting for a week now. For my bf, I'm getting him Uncharted 3 and some striped shirt tit that he said he likes. For my mom, probably a perfume by Beyonce. For my sister, she said she wanted some Aebrocrombie stuff, so that. And for myself, I'm getting Sonic Generations. If I have enough money, I'll get something for my niece and nephew as well.

NorthernChaosGod
12-18-2011, 06:34 AM
I'm going to get my dad the Star Wars Blu-ray set. I still don't know what I'm getting my mom. :|

Sidenote: I thought the title read "I will stuff your manager full of material items". I had a very different idea of what this thread was going to be about.

Del Murder
12-18-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm giving Del Murder a shirt with long sleeves, endless discussions about wedding related stuff, and a dinner comprised of pickles. Nothing but pickles.
Enjoy your survival horror video game, baseball season tickets, and fresh bunch of cilantro then. :colbert:

Chris
12-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Just asked everyone I knew to wrap some money. But, tastefully done.

Parker
12-18-2011, 09:46 AM
I got my nana some candles that smell like cookies and a set of utensils she wanted. I got my mama some dvds. This has been about the worst year for me financially so no one else is getting anything except my love which is pretty cool because it is free and they can't like put it in the cupboard and forget about it

Freya
12-19-2011, 11:07 AM
I'ma hella poor this month. I'm also being left in this state while all my family goes to another so I wont even be having a christmas really so I've been getting gifts early. I got a smart phone, droid incredible 2, I really needed to upgrade. I will be getting a 3DS, hopefully the zelda edition. I also received season 3 of dexter ^_^

NorthernChaosGod
12-19-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm going to get my dad the Star Wars Blu-ray set. I still don't know what I'm getting my mom. :|
I ended up getting my mom a Kindle. I guess she's been wanting one.

Rye
12-19-2011, 01:39 PM
I have no idea what I'm getting for Christmas. There's nothing I really want, besides cash and clothes, since I've been too broke to buy any nice clothes the past few months.

I got my friends a various mix of things. I bought my boyfriend a wok, a giant curry cook book, some piece of equipment for his camera, and a Blu-Ray copy of American Beauty.

Peegee
12-19-2011, 08:05 PM
I have no idea what I'm getting for Christmas. There's nothing I really want, besides cash and clothes, since I've been too broke to buy any nice clothes the past few months.

I got my friends a various mix of things. I bought my boyfriend [stuff i won't quote]

best gift ever (the first one)

Hollycat
12-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Im giving my mom enough stuff to adorn several kitchens
I'm giving my sister an electric scooter and a ds game (animal crossing wild world)
I'm giving my dad pants, and maybe a hat?

I'm hopefully getting
Just cause 2 for PS3
a katana (real thing, you can buy one for $50)
another katana (the one from blood+)
and harry potter 7-2 on blu ray, then my collection will be complete

Jiro
12-22-2011, 02:28 AM
I don't know what I am getting save the fact that it will inevitably be useful on my trip. I gave my girlfriend a new cat (okay so it was a little figurine but we have a $10 limit being both broke students) and she gave me a scarf which, as I said, will be very useful on my trip.

I need to buy ma a gift soon too but I dunno what.

Tigmafuzz
12-25-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm not getting a damn thing, and I'm glad.
Although if I hadn't been in fucking South America at the time of the Christmas card thread, I'd have gotten everyone shiny expensive things. Because I like to give. But not to receive. It makes me feel inadequate and waaaaay too humble.

Hollycat
12-25-2011, 04:57 PM
I got a rock.

also pirates of the carribean no. 4

Tigmafuzz
12-25-2011, 05:12 PM
I got a rock.
I jelly.

Hollycat
12-25-2011, 06:29 PM
That's not all I got!
I got this too~' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRcj6CAhe7s)

Raistlin
12-25-2011, 06:41 PM
I got my mom some books, my sister a Starbucks gift card and some earrings, and my dad some vodka (which I will drink some of).

I received a couple of games, House season 7, some new basketball shoes to ref games in, and some money.

NorthernChaosGod
12-25-2011, 08:07 PM
My parents love their gifts. :monster: And I got an iPod.

Hollycat
12-25-2011, 08:11 PM
In all seriousness, all I got were 2 blurays and about 50 pairs of pants. apparently my parents think I don't wear enough pants.

Oh I also got this watch that I love so much, it has the day of the week, the day of the month, the year, the lunar cycle and a bunch of other things. it also tells time. That one present is probably a christmas all by itself.

starlet
12-25-2011, 08:46 PM
So I got some pretty wonderful things...I got:
A doggie ornament from one of my clients that says "Merry Christmas. Love, Izzy 2011" which was attached to a stocking that has a pack of 8 vanilla soy candles and a candle holder (the snowflake design lights up when you light a candle in it...its so cool!). That was probably the best gift from a client. Everyone else was mostly big tips or chocolate/cookies. Not that I'm complaining!

From my mother in law: A hand painted ornament from Frankenmuth with a poodle on it and it says "Dog Groomers make the fur fly" LOVE IT. This kitty bank (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfXrNUSuNxc), and Panda earmuffs. Apparenlty I have something else coming too it just hasn't arrived yet. What more could I ask for though? lol.

From my husband: some Sonic the hedgehog shot glasses (they have sonic, tails, knucles and robotnic on them. Or is it eggman now?), Swarm from the PS3 online store and he will be getting me an iPhone 4 when he has the money (he hasn't started getting paid from his 2nd job yet.

From my mom: a much needed new pair of thinning shears and some bath and body works stuff...more importantly 4 of their fancy hand soap pumps. I love those.

Marshall Banana
12-25-2011, 09:43 PM
I've been getting Christmas presents since early November, haha.

My loot:

Sega Saturn + Princess Crown
Hello Kitty keyboard
Hello Kitty mouse
Hello Kitty USB drive
Hello Kitty stationary box
Hello Kitty hoodie
Three or four sets of Hello Kitty pajamas
Two Hello Kitty shirts
Cinamoroll plushie
Hello Kitty panties
Homemade fudge and other candy
Christmas-y potholders + towels
Hello Kitty toothbrush
Hello Kitty pouch
Hello Kitty sheets
Strawberry dish set (four plates, four bowls, and four mugs)
Hello Kitty throw blanket
Some cute socks
Hello Kitty lunch box

My parents sent me a ton of Hello Kitty stuff. XD

fire_of_avalon
12-25-2011, 11:04 PM
I got a watch and house shoes. As an adult without children, this is incredible to me. It's a pretty nice watch.

Tigmafuzz
12-26-2011, 08:37 AM
apparently my parents think I don't wear enough pants.
/smug

Pike
12-26-2011, 02:07 PM
So is this the official phat lewts thread?

I got:
Xbox 360 (to go with Skyrim, my birthday present. I got these ones a little early. Thanks Hux~ :snuggle:)
A nice TV to go with the Xbox/Skyrim
Yoshi plushies (http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/photos/Photo145.jpg)
New PJs
Cookies
Mountain Dew Livewire

Not bad overall! :jess:

Tigmafuzz
12-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Yoshi plushies (http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/photos/Photo145.jpg)
Awesome. I got my girlfriend a cactuar (http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d111/monkey_monkey_monkey_monkey_monkey/cactuarplush.png) plush. For whenever she comes home :(

DMKA
12-26-2011, 04:59 PM
I got:

-Lost Odyssey
-A $50 GameStop giftcard
-A new pair of comfy leather gloves

Honestly this is probably the first year where I...really didn't want anything. So getting anything was nice.

Best of the three gifts was the GameStop giftcard though. It will be used for FFXIII-2 next month. :D

Jiro
12-27-2011, 03:44 AM
Awesome. I got my girlfriend a cactuar (http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d111/monkey_monkey_monkey_monkey_monkey/cactuarplush.png) plush. For whenever she comes home :(

I got me one of those. And a little moogle one from qwertysaur. Just need a goddamn chocobo and tonberry and I'll 'ave 'em all.

The Man
12-27-2011, 04:07 AM
A few LPs, Skyward Sword, Mario Kart Wii, a new monitor, and some much-needed clothes. I bought my parents the Steve Jobs biography and Stephen King's new book. The LPs were the only things I asked for so the other items were a nice surprise. I also got a new hard drive but that wasn't a gift, it was a replacement for my old one which was still in warranty and failed. It was just coincidence that it came in around Christmas and I didn't have time to set it up until after.

Sylvie
12-27-2011, 07:32 AM
- Acer Aspire One 722 netbook
- That wig
- A Valentine's Day "Love Pup" pillow pet
- Soft as mother:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou: pink heart plushie PJs (with matching fuzzy socks)
- $50 Gift Card to Best Buy
- $20 Gift Card to Chic-fil-La

NorthernChaosGod
12-27-2011, 08:08 AM
Chick-fil-A?

Sylvie
12-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Yeah, that.

Jiro
12-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Chick filler?

Pike