PDA

View Full Version : ArchAge

Rostum
12-19-2011, 05:21 AM
This is quite an interesting MMORPG that's coming under the radar for the majority of players, but it's been a pretty huge focus amongst the MMORPG community outside of Star Wars.

What is interesting about it other than the gorgeous visuals, is that it seems to go back and take all the brilliant ideas from the pre-WoW style of MMO's, and ditch what made old school-era MMO's bad. Basically, it looks like a sandbox MMO apposed to the theme park design of newer MMO's.

Here's the newest video preview of it, which includes being able to sail on your own boat.

New ArcheAge beta videos feature sailing, exploration | Massively (http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/12/18/new-archeage-beta-videos-featuring-sailing-exploration/)

Anyone else keeping an eye on this?

Laddy
12-20-2011, 04:50 AM
The game looks gorgeous. I want to hear more about the gameplay, though. MMO's are in serious need of innovation.

Rostum
12-21-2011, 01:45 AM
Yeah I'd like to hear more about the gameplay. It seems like an extreme sandbox though, which hasn't been done in an MMO for at least a decade.

I know you get to build your own boat; as in you plant your trees, cut them down, lug the wood around, etc. etc. You should check out some of the Steparu videos, it looks interesting but again I haven't been bothered to read up on it.