PDA

View Full Version : Marvel vs Final Fantasy?

SuperMillionaire
12-19-2011, 10:24 PM
We've all heard of Marvel vs Capcom, as well as Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but what if Marvel crossed over with Final Fantasy? Perhaps the game would have a plot similar to Marvel vs Capcom or Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, with gameplay being a combination of Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Dissidia, with additional influences from Marvel vs Capcom? And what "rivalries" would you like to see in this crossover?

VeloZer0
12-19-2011, 11:04 PM
plot
lol

I would love to see Final Fantasy characters fighting anyone. I don't have any particular love for this match up though. Nor am I a real fighting game player anyways.

Laddy
12-20-2011, 04:44 AM
Personally, I'd want Square Enix vs. Bioware. East versus West, bitches!

/nerd

SuperMillionaire
12-23-2011, 06:47 PM
plot
lol

I would love to see Final Fantasy characters fighting anyone. I don't have any particular love for this match up though. Nor am I a real fighting game player anyways.

Dissidia was a combination of action-RPG and fighting, and the hypothetical Marvel vs Final Fantasy game would also be a combination of action-RPG and fighting, along with perhaps a few visual novel elements in there too.

Del Murder
12-27-2011, 07:44 PM
I'd rather see Nintendo vs. Square-Enix as the next SSB game.

Hollycat
12-27-2011, 07:46 PM
http://chzheroes.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/superheroes-batman-superman-its-not-the-guillotine.jpg

SuperMillionaire
01-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Personally, I'd want Square Enix vs. Bioware. East versus West, bitches!

/nerd

Yes, an eastern RPG maker vs a western RPG maker would be nice too...

I'd rather see Nintendo vs. Square-Enix as the next SSB game.

Or Nintendo vs Capcom.

And what are they executing the Flash for in that pic, HC?

NeoCracker
01-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Final Fantasy Vs. Wild Arms Vs. Breath of Fire Vs. Disgaea Vs. Atelier Vs. Persona Vs, Xeno (Saga, gears, and Blade)

black orb
01-08-2012, 04:28 AM
>>> Dragon Quest VS Final Fantasy The ultimate battle of fate..:luca:

chionos
01-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Just FF as an SSB-style game would be good enough for me.

FF vs Marvel just doesn't work.

SuperMillionaire
01-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Just FF as an SSB-style game would be good enough for me.

FF vs Marvel just doesn't work.

I think a Final Fantasy fighting game should be a cross of Soul Calibur, Guilty Gear, Super Smash Bros, and Marvel vs Capcom, with additional influences from Dissidia.

And why wouldn't Marvel vs FF work?

Rianoa
01-29-2012, 11:40 AM
If they released it I won't lie I'd play it no matter how much Marvel and Final Fantasy don't go together at all :p.

DMKA
01-30-2012, 04:58 AM
I want to see Final Fantasy vs. Looney Tunes, personally.

SuperMillionaire
02-02-2012, 08:07 PM
I want to see Final Fantasy vs. Looney Tunes, personally.

Now THAT would be pretty cool, too. I'd love to see Bugs Bunny pull his pranks with various Acme Bros. items such as anvils, and then all the Final Fantasy characters can beat him up.

Jiro
02-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Final Fantasy would work much better in a crossover with Soul Calibur.

Rocket Edge
02-03-2012, 04:55 PM
This could be possible in the next Kingdom Hearts with Disney taking over Marvel not so long ago. Probably see more Marvel worlds or characters.

krissy
02-07-2012, 07:16 PM
dc!
batman vs. sephiroth

Lamia
02-08-2012, 11:32 AM
I like the idea of Final Fantasy vs Dragon Quest.

I guess the only thing I would be worried about is whether US consumers know the Dragon Quest characters. Then again, that never stopped people I knew from usingMarth (from Fire Emblem) in Brawl despite not knowing who he was or what game he came from. lol

SuperMillionaire
02-08-2012, 05:40 PM
There have been Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest crossover games in Japan called Itagaki Street Special, but only relased there, and not internationally. Since Square and Enix merged, it seems that Dragon Quest had taken a "back seat" of sorts to Final Fantasy.

Shiny
02-11-2012, 01:43 AM
Marvel vs. Nintendo would be pretty sweet, or more specifically Marvel vs. DOA.

SuperMillionaire
02-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Dead or Alive is owned by Tecmo, not Nintendo.

Marvel characters in Super Smash Bros would certainly be interesting. Throw Capcom into the mix and it would be Marvel vs Capcom vs Nintendo.

As for Marvel vs Tecmo? Now wouldn't that be interesting... Iron Man would be in paradise, flirting big time with Kasumi, Ayane, and all the other big-boobed, scantily-clad girls, and then watch them play beach volleyball while clad in bikinis.

If Tecmo and Capcom were to merge, I'd certainly like to see Dead or Alive characters in a hypothetical Marvel vs Capcom 4. Along with Iron Man asking the girls what they're doing after the fight's over, I can also imagine Captain America having some strange, socially awkward conversations with the girls.

Captain America's lines to the Dead or Alive girls:
Vs Tina: I appreciate your patriotism, but you need to cover up.

Vs Kasumi/Ayane: Your outfit is extremely inappropriate.

Vs Hitomi: You're half Japanese and half German? Interesting background... (Germany and Japan were America's enemies during World War II)

And let's not forget this exchange:
Lei Fang: Ready to lose?
Captain America: "Surrender" is not in my vocabulary, pal.

Depression Moon
02-21-2012, 10:30 PM
There have been Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest crossover games in Japan called Itagaki Street Special, but only relased there, and not internationally. Since Square and Enix merged, it seems that Dragon Quest had taken a "back seat" of sorts to Final Fantasy.

That's true. I find it funny that Dragon Quest precedes Final Fantasy, but they're only up to X while we're at XIV, possibly XV in a year or two.

I really liked Dragon Quest VIII, but IX and X were both for DS consoles which I don't own and I heard that both games suffer in the single player department.

SuperMillionaire
03-12-2012, 08:07 PM

That's true. I find it funny that Dragon Quest precedes Final Fantasy, but they're only up to X while we're at XIV, possibly XV in a year or two.

I really liked Dragon Quest VIII, but IX and X were both for DS consoles which I don't own and I heard that both games suffer in the single player department.

Yes, because Enix was older than Squaresoft. And had the first Final Fantasy bombed, Squaresoft would have been wiped off the video game map. Ironically enough, now it's Final Fantasy that's the more dominant franchise.