PDA

View Full Version : 8 Minute Dream Drop Distance Trailer

Wolf Kanno
12-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Check it! (http://gamerant.com/kingdom-hearts-3d-dream-drop-distance-eight-minute-trailer-jeff-122221/)

Lots of things revealed in the trailer...

Axel appears to be alive

Vanitas is back... oh god...

Like fans thought, Xehanort has returned

Neku, Shiki, Joshua, Beat, and Rhyme from The World Ends With You have all been confirmed as characters in the game.

If the CGI trailer is anything to go by, we may actually see Master Xehanort return

Three Musketeers, Monstro/Pinocchio, Hunchback Castle, and Tron: Legacy confirmed as new worlds.

The new powers seen in earlier trails that Sora and Riku use are executed through the touch screen with the stylus.

Edge7
12-21-2011, 03:07 AM
Looking pretty damn spiffy, if I do say so myself. It looks like the TWEWY characters will have the same presence the final fantasy characters in the second game had.

McLovin'
12-24-2011, 04:58 AM
why are they all children? fate of the world depends on some preteens?

Wolf Kanno
12-24-2011, 05:49 AM
It's an RPG rule: Never send adults to do a childs job, they'll do it in half the time, and with twice the angst. ;)

Ouch!
12-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Doesn't Sora and Riku's journey take place in the world of slumber? It certainly looks like Axel's return happens in Disney Castle, which is presumably while MIckey and co. are waiting for Sora and Riku to finish their test?

Anyway, looks like lots of interesting things could be going on. I just think it's too early to speculate about anything we see Sora and Riku encountering in the world of slumber and whether it's a reflection of personal struggles or real forces they'll face in KH3.

Also do want.

Hollycat
12-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Dang it, now I need a 3ds.... I was planning on spending that money on a fire or a vita, but this game looks too good. although I hate Soras new outfit

Wolf Kanno
12-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Doesn't Sora and Riku's journey take place in the world of slumber? It certainly looks like Axel's return happens in Disney Castle, which is presumably while MIckey and co. are waiting for Sora and Riku to finish their test?

Anyway, looks like lots of interesting things could be going on. I just think it's too early to speculate about anything we see Sora and Riku encountering in the world of slumber and whether it's a reflection of personal struggles or real forces they'll face in KH3.

Also do want.

I f I read correctly, the Dream World segment is part of the Trial of Mastery and Nomura has confirmed that the trial will not be the whole focus of the story, and instead this game will be setting up everything for KHIII for the most part.

DMKA
12-27-2011, 05:26 AM
I guess someday I'll have to get a DS and play the rest of the KH games, because nothing made sense in that trailer.

Speaking of which, which ones are vital to the story? I know Birth By Sleep is a prequel to the first game, is it necessary to the story at all? I have a brand new PSP and Birth By Sleep sitting in my closet, where it's been for months now. I just can't bring myself to actually play it because whenever I'm out I'm either working or doing something social that bars me from gaming, and at home I have home consoles to play on a glorious HD television.

Smurf it all. Handhelds are not my cup of tea, which is why I'm really erked by how they chose to put every KH game that's not numbered on various handhelds.

Del Murder
12-27-2011, 06:12 PM
BBS is probably as necessary as any of the main KH games. I'm pretty sure 3D and KH3 will build heavily on what was in that game. You should also play it because it is the best KH game gameplay-wise.

CoM is pretty important to bridge KH1 with KH2, but if you have played KH2 then you probably know all you need to know from that game going forward.

358/2 is more or less a side story but the character introduced in that game (Xion) is probably going to appear at some point in the main series.

I haven't played Coded but I heard there isn't much you need to know storywise from it.

DMKA
12-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Ah yeah, I forgot that I did play CoM too, both the GBA version and the PS2 remake.

Mercen-X
12-28-2011, 02:58 AM
When did we find out TWEWY characters would be in this?

I like the look of the game so far. They even got Tron2.0

DMKA
12-28-2011, 02:16 PM
When did we find out TWEWY characters would be in this?
A few months ago. I've never played TWEWY but so far they look like terribly annoying anime archetypes. I hope I'm wrong about that.

The game does look promising overall so far, although I'm kind of baffled as to the choice of using a direct-to-video movie (Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers, though I assume it was just too perfect for Kingdom Hearts considering the three main characters in it) when there's still plenty of films in the Canon that they haven't used yet. Perhaps they're saving up for KHIII?

I'm pretty happy to see The Hunchback of Notre Dame though. :D

Edge7
12-29-2011, 07:53 AM
When did we find out TWEWY characters would be in this? I've never played TWEWY but so far they look like terribly annoying anime archetypes. I hope I'm wrong about that.
The fun thing about TWEWY was that they were self-parodies of annoying anime archetypes. For example, in an extra level after beating the game, the main character comments on his "emo-urges". Also, the characters take surprisingly different development arcs than what you'd initially expect (well, that's subjective). I think it's supposed to be like the Bakshi movie "Street Fight", where the characters are so ridiculous that they're not meant to be taken seriously.

In addition, the game's characters are more or less caricatures of different cliques found in today's youth, the skater, the groupie, the flamboyant one, the loner, etc. They're really not meant to be taken at face value.

DMKA
12-30-2011, 04:17 PM
When did we find out TWEWY characters would be in this? I've never played TWEWY but so far they look like terribly annoying anime archetypes. I hope I'm wrong about that.
The fun thing about TWEWY was that they were self-parodies of annoying anime archetypes. For example, in an extra level after beating the game, the main character comments on his "emo-urges". Also, the characters take surprisingly different development arcs than what you'd initially expect (well, that's subjective). I think it's supposed to be like the Bakshi movie "Street Fight", where the characters are so ridiculous that they're not meant to be taken seriously.

In addition, the game's characters are more or less caricatures of different cliques found in today's youth, the skater, the groupie, the flamboyant one, the loner, etc. They're really not meant to be taken at face value.
Ah I see. Good to hear. I can get down with that.