PDA

View Full Version : Possible bug, if someone can confirm

Sylvie
12-20-2011, 11:56 PM
I'm playing Final Fantasy II (NES) and I got into an encounter with two Hornets. I had Firion target the top one, Maria target the bottom, and then I had Guy target the bottom one too (because Maria can't hit worth tit with that bow).

Firion attacked the bottom Hornet. And yes, I definitely targeted the top one.

Are there any instances of this happening to someone else?

EDIT: It may have been LegEaters, if that changes anything. It was either Hornets or LegEaters.

Tigmafuzz
12-25-2011, 11:43 AM
I had a glitch like that once, except somebody cast a different spell than the one I told them to. It was with a Game Genie though, cause it was my 3rd or 4th playthrough and I wanted to kill EVERYTHING. Was it a legit glitch? No cheat devices? And was it on the system or an emulator?

Sylvie
12-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Legit, on an emulator. No cheat devices.

Tigmafuzz
12-26-2011, 09:28 AM
I've checked a couple other forums and some walkthroughs, and I can't find anything about characters attacking other monsters than the ones they were told to. So if it really did glitch, it was probably a one-time thing. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it happens again, maybe it's a problem with the rom.

Sylvie
12-27-2011, 06:33 AM
I've stopped playing Final Fantasy II because I'm far too comfortable with going to Burger King and having it my way. Firion attacking things that I did not tell him to attack is an issue that I maintain a zero-tolerance policy for.

Tigmafuzz
12-30-2011, 04:20 PM
...Or that could work, too.

Benjirino~!
12-30-2011, 05:02 PM
I've actually (kind of) had this issue with it on the iPhone. I always just presumed it was an intentional thing with rows, since it happened whenever I tried to kill off a back row enemy with front row foes still there and only using a short range weapon.